Windows 10: Service host applications EATING memory.

Discus and support Service host applications EATING memory. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]Why are these service host applications eating memory and HOW does this happen???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JonathanTodd3, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Service host applications EATING memory.

Service host applications EATING memory. [​IMG]Service host applications EATING memory. [​IMG]Service host applications EATING memory. [​IMG]Service host applications EATING memory. [​IMG]Why are these service host applications eating memory and HOW does this happen???

:)

JonathanTodd3, Jun 2, 2020

2. Service Host applications EATING up Memory

Hey,

I have exactly the same problem with this person *, only his solution does not work for me. I tried a lot of other things and it just seems to get worse. It has now been 4-5 days since it has started. It seemed to start when I was connecting xbox with my
    computes to be able to play minecraft with friends (crossplay) after playing I got a black screen and many of my open app and my screen fell out. since then I have been very careful before my computer crashed.

* Service Host applications EATING up Memory
    Service host applications EATING memory. 20693eb7-0d94-4bb9-b8fb-51d269004987?upload=true.png

ZippyBox1019, Jun 2, 2020
  3. CrowRade Win User
    Service Host applications EATING up Memory

When I start my computer I have a good 60+ service host applications running and after about an 1 or 2 of just having my computer on or playing on it in general all 60+ of those service host application are taking up all of my memory. I have a custom built
    pc with 24gbs of ram and I cant even play games for more then 2 hours without having to restart my computer. They max out at about 300-400mb per application before my pc will just crash and go black. I would really appreciate some help on this. I have been
    researching this issue for a while now and i have been able to solve nothing.
    Service host applications EATING memory. df2b889d-33c2-4e1d-a9f6-c2eee764122a?upload=true.jpg

CrowRade, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Service host applications EATING memory.

Service Host applications EATING up Memory

Hi CrowRade

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

What you are actually seeing is by design and it was first introduced in Windows 10, version 1703. Here is an explaination of how it works and why you are seeing so many:

The Service Host (svchost.exe) is system process capable of hosting multiple Windows services. Using this shared-service process, numerous Windows services can share a single process, reducing overall resource consumption. The service-host groups are determined
    by combining the services with matching security requirements. For the services critical to network and internet connectivity this translates to at least 16 services across 11 different service groups. While on the plus-side, this helps reduce the security
    vulnerability footprint, it increases the likelihood that a user-mode crash from a non-critical service can affect network connectivity.

Separating SvcHost Services

Beginning with the Windows 10 Creators Update (v1703), previously grouped services will be separated such that each will run in its own SvcHost process. This change is automatic for systems with greater than 3.5 GB of RAM running the Client Desktop SKU. On
    systems with 3.5 GB or less RAM, services will continue to be grouped into a shared SvcHost process.

Benefits of this design change include:

Increased Reliability by insulating critical network services from the failure of another non-network service in the host, and adding the ability to restore networking connectivity seamlessly when networking components crash.

Reduced Support Costs by eliminating the troubleshooting overhead associated with isolating misbehaving services in the shared host.

Increased Security by providing additional inter-service isolation

Increased Scalability by allowing per-service settings and privileges

Improved Resource Management through per-service CPU, I/O and memory management and increase clear telemetry (report CPU, I/O and network usage per service).

Source:
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/tip_of_the_...

Andre for Directly, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Service host applications EATING memory.

1. Service host applications EATING memory. - Similar Threads - Service host applications

2. Service Host applications filling up my memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host applications filling up my memory: When I start my computer I have a good 60+ service host applications running and after about an 1 or 2 of just having my computer on or playing on it in general all 60+ of those service host application are taking up all of my memory. I have a pc with 16gbs of ram and I cant...
  3. Service Host applications filling up my memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Host applications filling up my memory: When I start my computer I have a good 60+ service host applications running and after about an 1 or 2 of just having my computer on or playing on it in general all 60+ of those service host application are taking up all of my memory. I have a pc with 16gbs of ram and I cant...
  4. Service host eating my RAM

Service host eating my RAM: I'm currently using a Huawei Matebook 13, it has 8 gigs of RAM and it runs pretty well, but I've faced a single, big problem with it. The RAM usually overloads and collapses after some usage time, which makes everything start crashing, making me force restarting my laptop....
  5. Service Host eats 90% of my memory

Service Host eats 90% of my memory: Hi, I am facing a serious problem that the service host processes take up most of my PC memory 16G. It all starts low, but would gradually increase as time passes, and in about 3 to 4 hours, it will take as much as 90% of the memory. This is definitely not reasonable. and...
  6. Service host eating my pc memory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service host eating my pc memory: Hi guys, I recently built my own PC. Generally it worked ok and was a huge improvement compared with my previous pc. However, I noticed that there are many service host processes in task manager. The processes don’t take up too much memory immediately after I turn on the PC,...
  7. Service Host processes eating my memory

Service Host processes eating my memory: Over the past week, applications, games and web pages keep crashing after about an hour or two after I start my computer. I checked task Manager and saw my memory usage was ridiculous high for what I was running. Something like 95% just for running Discord. There are at least...
  8. Service Host applications EATING up Memory

Service Host applications EATING up Memory: Hey, I have exactly the same problem with this person *, only his solution does not work for me. I tried a lot of other things and it just seems to get worse. It has now been 4-5 days since it has started. It seemed to start when I was connecting xbox with my computes to be...
  9. Service Host tasks are eating up all my memory.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service Host tasks are eating up all my memory.: [ATTACH] I recently updated to Windows 10 version 1903 and now there are about a hundred different instances of service host that are all taking small chunks of my 8gb memory. Individually, they're small, but together they're using about 95% at idle. It's crippling my...
  10. Service Host applications EATING up Memory

Service Host applications EATING up Memory: When I start my computer I have a good 60+ service host applications running and after about an 1 or 2 of just having my computer on or playing on it in general all 60+ of those service host application are taking up all of my memory. I have a custom built pc with 24gbs of...