Windows 10: Service Host Causing High CPU

Discus and support Service Host Causing High CPU in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi. Can someone give me an overall view of this. This screen shot taken (actually on a virtual machine) shows the processes under the Service Host... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Matt316, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Matt316 Win User

Service Host Causing High CPU

Hi.

Can someone give me an overall view of this. This screen shot taken (actually on a virtual machine) shows the processes under the Service Host heading. Although the CPU usage at the moment of capture is only 28% it is more often than not over 50%. With this and a couple of others, the regular total is around the 100% mark for several minutes, meaning that I cannot reasonably us the system for that time.

Service Host Causing High CPU [​IMG]

Can any of these processes be removed? Or can someone help me to release pressure on the CPU?

:)

Matt316, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Rakhul Win User

High CPU Usage by Service Host

After windows update, two processes, Service Host: Local network and Service Host: Internet Connection Sharing, triggers high CPU usage which sometimes jumps to 50 or more percent. Any solution for this?

Rakhul, Jan 13, 2021
  3. svchost.exe / service host : local system ( network restricted ) high usage memory and CPU

When you open Task Manager a little bit, you’ll see that svchost.exe service host: local system (network restricted) is causing the problem of high CPU usage. To improve your Windows performance, and get rid of the high CPU usage, you
    have to disable Superfetch service. Superfetch used to pre-load data from hard disk into RAM memory. So let's follow this steps.

Fix svchost.exe service host: local system (network restricted)

dedyprasetiyo724, Jan 13, 2021
  4. SullB Win User

Service Host: Network Service high CPU load

Hey friends,

I notice in my task manager that 'Service Host: Network Service' is always using ~10% of my CPU load. When I expand it, 'Delivery Optimization' is running and if I stop this it nothing happens.

Can anyone suggest why this requires such a high load and what I can do to stop this happening. Previous CPU loads were less than 5% for my system.

I am running Win 10 Education 1909.

Cheers.

SullB, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Service Host Causing High CPU - Similar Threads - Service Host Causing

2. Service Host, High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host, High CPU Usage: I have followed instructions in another post but it is still high in usage. I tried ending the task but it would keep popping up a second later....
  3. Service Host, High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host, High CPU Usage: I have followed instructions in another post but it is still high in usage. I tried ending the task but it would keep popping up a second later....
  4. Service Host, High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. High cpu usage from Service Host: Local Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High cpu usage from Service Host: Local Service: Does anyone know why this is happening?my CPU usage ranges from 90 - 100svchost.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-cpu-usage-from-service-host-local-service/e91993ae-c330-4ba4-a9a7-c47755dbe7f1
  6. Service Host: Windows Update - High CPU

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Service Host: Windows Update - High CPU: Has anyone ever seen this before? I rebooted and it's come back. 177830
  7. Service Host SysMain causing High CPU and Memory usage in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Service Host SysMain causing High CPU and Memory usage in Windows 10: [ATTACH]A lot of users have reported that the SysMain process (earlier known as Superfetch) […] This article Service Host SysMain causing High CPU and Memory usage in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Service Host : changeable HIGH CPU USAGE!!!

Service Host : changeable HIGH CPU USAGE!!!: Well, some of the service hosts like "local service network restircted", "sysmain" etc uses my CPU and DISK so much that my monitor turning off for couple of seconds sometimes minutes. It not happening when i dont use programs or apps. I done new system because firstly i've...
  9. Service Host: Network Service high CPU load

Service Host: Network Service high CPU load: Hey friends, I notice in my task manager that 'Service Host: Network Service' is always using ~10% of my CPU load. When I expand it, 'Delivery Optimization' is running and if I stop this it nothing happens. Can anyone suggest why this requires such a high load and what I...
  10. Service Host: Network Service - High CPU

Service Host: Network Service - High CPU: Is my 'Service Host: Network Service' out of order while asking 27+% CPU?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-network-service-high-cpu/5302eaba-a053-472d-9269-2a9a2c11bb6a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot