Windows 10: Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher (4) High Memory Usage

Discus and support Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher (4) High Memory Usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; <p>Hi</p><p>In the previous <g class="gr_ gr_20 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="20"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RezaKarami, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher (4) High Memory Usage

<p>Hi</p><p>In the previous <g class="gr_ gr_20 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="20" id="20">days</g> I'm facing this problem that DCOM Server Process Launcher uses lots of memory. For the details, it starts with something like 40 <g class="gr_ gr_168 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del" data-gr-id="168" id="168">mega bytes</g> of memory and as time passes by, the memory usage increases continuously to a situation that <g class="gr_ gr_383 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="383" id="383">i</g> can't work with my laptop because this service is using about 1.6 GB of RAM and I need to restart my laptop!</p><p>I did not install any new software, windows update was not performed during the last days and I should say that nothing has changed in my laptop and I don't really know where is this problem coming from!</p><p>I checked other relevant questions but none of them worked for me so I opened a new thread to ask a new question to find some possible answer for my problem here.</p><p>Thanks</p>

:)

RezaKarami, Sep 20, 2019
  2. Bhupsy Win User

Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher (4)

Dear Support/Forum,

The above process seems to be eating memory... It launching 4 processes

System Events Broker Power

Power

DCOM Server Process Launcher

Background Tasks Infrastructure Service

Over a period of time the process will consume all of the memory on the machine. Is there anything I can do other than rebuild the system to sort this out?

I am running : Windows 10, version 1709

Any help would be much appriecated

Bhupsy, Sep 20, 2019
  3. High CPU usage: Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher

So for quite a while now, I have been having issues with my pc.
    After using it for a couple of hours (playing games, browsing the internet, using it for university work, etc.) its performance is noticably lower than just after startup. Task Manager tells me that

svchost.exe Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher

is using about 25% of my CPU and 30% of my RAM. This seems incredibly high to me. Restarts solve the issue but I would rather not have to of course.
    I've googled the problem already, but a lot of forum posts are from people using Windows 7 or are unsolved.
    Standard Microsoft procedure has you using RAM checkers and all that. I did that, and the results were that my RAM is fine.
    It is also not Windows update sharing as some suggest as I have that turned off.
    I'm really hoping someone can help me here.

woofwoofus, Sep 20, 2019
  4. laohu_ms Win User

Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher (4) High Memory Usage

service host DCOM server process laucher high CPU usage

Same in my Windows 10 for a long time.

Recently, I used the process monitor (remember to click file-show details for all processes) from Windows Sysinternals suit to check the DCOM server process launcher process (svchost.exe). I found a System Events Broker server thread with start address
    “DAB.dll!DabSessionStateChanged+0xe4c” use a lot of CPU and make a lot of cycles delta(ten times than others)record. After suspended this thread, the DCOM server process launcher seems works fine, no more high CPU usage. I don’t know is there some side effects
    to suspend the thread or is it the same dll cause this problem in another computer.

Although I had to do this every boot, it`s really a workable temporary solution for me.
    Hope MS fix it as soon as possible and this is helpful.

laohu_ms, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher (4) High Memory Usage

1. Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher (4) High Memory Usage - Similar Threads - Service Host DCOM

2. "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" consumes a high level of memoryCPU.

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" consumes a high level of memoryCPU.: I have a problem with "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" it consumes a high level of memoryCPU. But when i put my laptop to safe mode it went from 70% to 0% cpu DCOM. There is nothing much in this mode so i can't work in it. i don't know what to do can i have some...
  3. "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" consumes a high level of memoryCPU.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" consumes a high level of memoryCPU.: I have a problem with "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" it consumes a high level of memoryCPU. But when i put my laptop to safe mode it went from 70% to 0% cpu DCOM. There is nothing much in this mode so i can't work in it. i don't know what to do can i have some...
  4. "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" consumes a high level of memoryCPU.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to fix high CPU usage of "Service host DCOM server process launcher"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix high CPU usage of "Service host DCOM server process launcher": Actually, after updating to windows 11, I've had a lot of problems and now after plugging in my adapter my fan speeds up to max so I've closed everything and opened task manager to see what happening and there I came to know that this service host DCOM server process launcher...
  6. How to fix high CPU usage of "Service host DCOM server process launcher"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix high CPU usage of "Service host DCOM server process launcher": Actually, after updating to windows 11, I've had a lot of problems and now after plugging in my adapter my fan speeds up to max so I've closed everything and opened task manager to see what happening and there I came to know that this service host DCOM server process launcher...
  7. Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher causing problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher causing problems: Hello, I seen some old posts about the Service Host problem causing CPU spikes, and pc problems. I recently updated my PC, and started having problems with this process. Has there been any fix actions for this problem??...
  8. DCOM server process launcher high cpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DCOM server process launcher high cpu usage: hi, i have dell laptop running windows 10. recently i updated my windows 10 version to 2004.after using 10 to 20 mins my laptop getting hot. i found that DCOM server process launcher has high cpu usage.is there any way to avoid this problem.pls help me.....
  9. Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher High CPU Usage (100%)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher High CPU Usage (100%): So, it starts when I start development server from npm. And continues till next restart even when I shut down the server. And my CPU runs at 100% usage. Why is this? And how do I fix this? [img] [img] 142002
  10. High CPU usage: Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU usage: Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher: So for quite a while now, I have been having issues with my pc. After using it for a couple of hours (playing games, browsing the internet, using it for university work, etc.) its performance is noticably lower than just after startup. Task Manager tells me that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. service host dcom server process launcher high memory usage

2. service host dcom server using high memory

3. DCOM Server Process Launcher high ram

4. dcom server process system events broker,
  5. what is dcom server process launcher,
  6. Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher power saving bug 2019,
  7. service host dcom high memory,
  8. DCOM Server Process launcher high CPU