Windows 10: Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher causing problems

Discus and support Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher causing problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I seen some old posts about the Service Host problem causing CPU spikes, and pc problems. I recently updated my PC, and started having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by scottiehoover, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher causing problems

Hello,

I seen some old posts about the Service Host problem causing CPU spikes, and pc problems. I recently updated my PC, and started having problems with this process. Has there been any fix actions for this problem??

:)

scottiehoover, Jan 10, 2021

2. Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher High CPU Usage (100%)

So, it starts when I start development server from npm. And continues till next restart even when I shut down the server. And my CPU runs at 100% usage.
    Why is this? And how do I fix this?

Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher causing problems [​IMG]

Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher causing problems [​IMG]

Binish Joshi, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Bhupsy Win User
    Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher (4)

Dear Support/Forum,

The above process seems to be eating memory... It launching 4 processes

System Events Broker Power

Power

DCOM Server Process Launcher

Background Tasks Infrastructure Service

Over a period of time the process will consume all of the memory on the machine. Is there anything I can do other than rebuild the system to sort this out?

I am running : Windows 10, version 1709

Any help would be much appriecated

Bhupsy, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher causing problems

High CPU usage: Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher

So for quite a while now, I have been having issues with my pc.
    After using it for a couple of hours (playing games, browsing the internet, using it for university work, etc.) its performance is noticably lower than just after startup. Task Manager tells me that

svchost.exe Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher

is using about 25% of my CPU and 30% of my RAM. This seems incredibly high to me. Restarts solve the issue but I would rather not have to of course.
    I've googled the problem already, but a lot of forum posts are from people using Windows 7 or are unsolved.
    Standard Microsoft procedure has you using RAM checkers and all that. I did that, and the results were that my RAM is fine.
    It is also not Windows update sharing as some suggest as I have that turned off.
    I'm really hoping someone can help me here.

woofwoofus, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher causing problems

1. Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher causing problems - Similar Threads - Service Host DCOM

2. how to fix virus svchost.exe Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix virus svchost.exe Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher: The processor does not go below 70 and also does not allow me to check the device with Windows for protection, and I cannot update the device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-virus-svchostexe-service-host-dcom/5ab24b44-d339-43ba-9679-5116d3ea6c69
  3. how to fix virus svchost.exe Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to fix virus svchost.exe Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher: The processor does not go below 70 and also does not allow me to check the device with Windows for protection, and I cannot update the device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-virus-svchostexe-service-host-dcom/5ab24b44-d339-43ba-9679-5116d3ea6c69
  4. "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" consumes a high level of memoryCPU.

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" consumes a high level of memoryCPU.: I have a problem with "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" it consumes a high level of memoryCPU. But when i put my laptop to safe mode it went from 70% to 0% cpu DCOM. There is nothing much in this mode so i can't work in it. i don't know what to do can i have some...
  5. "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" consumes a high level of memoryCPU.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" consumes a high level of memoryCPU.: I have a problem with "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" it consumes a high level of memoryCPU. But when i put my laptop to safe mode it went from 70% to 0% cpu DCOM. There is nothing much in this mode so i can't work in it. i don't know what to do can i have some...
  6. "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" consumes a high level of memoryCPU.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher High CPU Usage (100%)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher High CPU Usage (100%): So, it starts when I start development server from npm. And continues till next restart even when I shut down the server. And my CPU runs at 100% usage. Why is this? And how do I fix this? [img] [img] 142002
  8. Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher (4) High Memory Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher (4) High Memory Usage: <p>Hi</p><p>In the previous <g class="gr_ gr_20 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="20" id="20">days</g> I'm facing this problem that DCOM Server Process Launcher uses lots of memory. For the details, it starts...
  9. DCOM Server Process Launcher problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    DCOM Server Process Launcher problem?: Need input on this. The DCOM Server Process Launcher keeps jumping from 0% up to 25%. I checked another PC and it does not. I tried a repair install but it still jumps. I have searched and tried a lot of things. Nothing worked. Anyone know what causes this? I can do a clean...
  10. High CPU usage: Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU usage: Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher: So for quite a while now, I have been having issues with my pc. After using it for a couple of hours (playing games, browsing the internet, using it for university work, etc.) its performance is noticably lower than just after startup. Task Manager tells me that...