Windows 10: Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher, Explorer.exe, and Power Saving bizarre...

Discus and support Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher, Explorer.exe, and Power Saving bizarre... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Does anybody know WHY there is a severe conflict with this type of video file and Windows 10? For whatever idiotic reason, if you use the Movies and TV... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndrewCurlutu, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher, Explorer.exe, and Power Saving bizarre...

Does anybody know WHY there is a severe conflict with this type of video file and Windows 10? For whatever idiotic reason, if you use the Movies and TV app to play this type of file, and leave the file open while power saving turns off the screen, Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher starts using an EXCESSIVE 35-50% of CPU resources, and explorer.exe jumps to 20% of CPU resources, when you return from power saving. Exiting the video file only reduces the Service Host CPU usage to approximately 20%, and you have to close the directory the video files are in to recover the CPU resources used by explorer.exe. In order to restore proper functionality to Service Host, you have to reboot your computer. I have confirmed the problem is somehow related to the Windows application, in that if I play the video files with Cyberlink's PowerDVD and power saving turns off the screen, this problem does NOT occur and the excessive CPU resource usage is not triggered on return from power saving.

Frankly, it irritates me to no end that I had to obtain a third party app to play these files, to prevent WIndows 10 from freaking out. What is causing this, and what can be done to resolve this? This isn't the first time the Windows OS has had problems playing video files over the years, and I'm rather irked that your company STILL hasn't fixed this issue with video files. After all these years, your company is without excuse.

:)

AndrewCurlutu, Oct 1, 2018
  2. Bhupsy Win User

Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher (4)

Dear Support/Forum,

The above process seems to be eating memory... It launching 4 processes

System Events Broker Power

Power

DCOM Server Process Launcher

Background Tasks Infrastructure Service

Over a period of time the process will consume all of the memory on the machine. Is there anything I can do other than rebuild the system to sort this out?

I am running : Windows 10, version 1709

Any help would be much appriecated

Bhupsy, Oct 1, 2018
  3. High CPU usage: Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher

So for quite a while now, I have been having issues with my pc.
    After using it for a couple of hours (playing games, browsing the internet, using it for university work, etc.) its performance is noticably lower than just after startup. Task Manager tells me that

svchost.exe Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher

is using about 25% of my CPU and 30% of my RAM. This seems incredibly high to me. Restarts solve the issue but I would rather not have to of course.
    I've googled the problem already, but a lot of forum posts are from people using Windows 7 or are unsolved.
    Standard Microsoft procedure has you using RAM checkers and all that. I did that, and the results were that my RAM is fine.
    It is also not Windows update sharing as some suggest as I have that turned off.
    I'm really hoping someone can help me here.

woofwoofus, Oct 1, 2018
  4. laohu_ms Win User

Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher, Explorer.exe, and Power Saving bizarre...

service host DCOM server process laucher high CPU usage

Same in my Windows 10 for a long time.

Recently, I used the process monitor (remember to click file-show details for all processes) from Windows Sysinternals suit to check the DCOM server process launcher process (svchost.exe). I found a System Events Broker server thread with start address
    “DAB.dll!DabSessionStateChanged+0xe4c” use a lot of CPU and make a lot of cycles delta(ten times than others)record. After suspended this thread, the DCOM server process launcher seems works fine, no more high CPU usage. I don’t know is there some side effects
    to suspend the thread or is it the same dll cause this problem in another computer.

Although I had to do this every boot, it`s really a workable temporary solution for me.
    Hope MS fix it as soon as possible and this is helpful.

laohu_ms, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher, Explorer.exe, and Power Saving bizarre...

1. Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher, Explorer.exe, and Power Saving bizarre... - Similar Threads - Service Host DCOM

2. how to fix virus svchost.exe Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix virus svchost.exe Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher: The processor does not go below 70 and also does not allow me to check the device with Windows for protection, and I cannot update the device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-virus-svchostexe-service-host-dcom/5ab24b44-d339-43ba-9679-5116d3ea6c69
  3. how to fix virus svchost.exe Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to fix virus svchost.exe Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher: The processor does not go below 70 and also does not allow me to check the device with Windows for protection, and I cannot update the device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-virus-svchostexe-service-host-dcom/5ab24b44-d339-43ba-9679-5116d3ea6c69
  4. "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" consumes a high level of memoryCPU.

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" consumes a high level of memoryCPU.: I have a problem with "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" it consumes a high level of memoryCPU. But when i put my laptop to safe mode it went from 70% to 0% cpu DCOM. There is nothing much in this mode so i can't work in it. i don't know what to do can i have some...
  5. "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" consumes a high level of memoryCPU.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" consumes a high level of memoryCPU.: I have a problem with "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" it consumes a high level of memoryCPU. But when i put my laptop to safe mode it went from 70% to 0% cpu DCOM. There is nothing much in this mode so i can't work in it. i don't know what to do can i have some...
  6. "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" consumes a high level of memoryCPU.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher causing problems

Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher causing problems: Hello, I seen some old posts about the Service Host problem causing CPU spikes, and pc problems. I recently updated my PC, and started having problems with this process. Has there been any fix actions for this problem??...
  8. Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher High CPU Usage (100%)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher High CPU Usage (100%): So, it starts when I start development server from npm. And continues till next restart even when I shut down the server. And my CPU runs at 100% usage. Why is this? And how do I fix this? [img] [img] 142002
  9. Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher (4) High Memory Usage

Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher (4) High Memory Usage: <p>Hi</p><p>In the previous <g class="gr_ gr_20 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="20" id="20">days</g> I'm facing this problem that DCOM Server Process Launcher uses lots of memory. For the details, it starts...
  10. High CPU usage: Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU usage: Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher: So for quite a while now, I have been having issues with my pc. After using it for a couple of hours (playing games, browsing the internet, using it for university work, etc.) its performance is noticably lower than just after startup. Task Manager tells me that...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. svchost.exe Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher

2. service host dcom server process launcher using cpu

3. dcomlauncher cpu