Windows 10: Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher High CPU Usage (100%)

Discus and support Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher High CPU Usage (100%) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So, it starts when I start development server from npm. And continues till next restart even when I shut down the server. And my CPU runs at 100%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Binish Joshi, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher High CPU Usage (100%)

So, it starts when I start development server from npm. And continues till next restart even when I shut down the server. And my CPU runs at 100% usage.
    Why is this? And how do I fix this?

Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher High CPU Usage (100%) [​IMG]

Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher High CPU Usage (100%) [​IMG]

:)

Binish Joshi, Oct 7, 2019

2. High CPU usage: Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher

So for quite a while now, I have been having issues with my pc.
    After using it for a couple of hours (playing games, browsing the internet, using it for university work, etc.) its performance is noticably lower than just after startup. Task Manager tells me that

svchost.exe Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher

is using about 25% of my CPU and 30% of my RAM. This seems incredibly high to me. Restarts solve the issue but I would rather not have to of course.
    I've googled the problem already, but a lot of forum posts are from people using Windows 7 or are unsolved.
    Standard Microsoft procedure has you using RAM checkers and all that. I did that, and the results were that my RAM is fine.
    It is also not Windows update sharing as some suggest as I have that turned off.
    I'm really hoping someone can help me here.

woofwoofus, Oct 7, 2019
  3. laohu_ms Win User
    service host DCOM server process laucher high CPU usage

Same in my Windows 10 for a long time.

Recently, I used the process monitor (remember to click file-show details for all processes) from Windows Sysinternals suit to check the DCOM server process launcher process (svchost.exe). I found a System Events Broker server thread with start address
    “DAB.dll!DabSessionStateChanged+0xe4c” use a lot of CPU and make a lot of cycles delta(ten times than others)record. After suspended this thread, the DCOM server process launcher seems works fine, no more high CPU usage. I don’t know is there some side effects
    to suspend the thread or is it the same dll cause this problem in another computer.

Although I had to do this every boot, it`s really a workable temporary solution for me.
    Hope MS fix it as soon as possible and this is helpful.

laohu_ms, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Gani_SEC Win User

Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher High CPU Usage (100%)

service host DCOM server process laucher high CPU usage

Same issue, DCOM launcher triggered high CPU usage on our WINDOWS 2012 production server. The server seems to be OK after the restart but it is difficult to reboot the server during the production hours. It seems like no fix is available from Microsoft.
    I'm looking into how to prevent this from happening again.

Thanks

Gani

Gani_SEC, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher High CPU Usage (100%)

1. Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher High CPU Usage (100%) - Similar Threads - Service Host DCOM

2. "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" consumes a high level of memoryCPU.

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" consumes a high level of memoryCPU.: I have a problem with "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" it consumes a high level of memoryCPU. But when i put my laptop to safe mode it went from 70% to 0% cpu DCOM. There is nothing much in this mode so i can't work in it. i don't know what to do can i have some...
  3. "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" consumes a high level of memoryCPU.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" consumes a high level of memoryCPU.: I have a problem with "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" it consumes a high level of memoryCPU. But when i put my laptop to safe mode it went from 70% to 0% cpu DCOM. There is nothing much in this mode so i can't work in it. i don't know what to do can i have some...
  4. DCOM Server Process Launcher 100% CPU Usage When Downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DCOM Server Process Launcher 100% CPU Usage When Downloading: DCOM server process launcher stays at 100% when downloading games on my hdd, could this mean my hard drive is going bad? I Have process lasso installed and it says my CPU % is 136% when this happens...
  5. DCOM Server Process Launcher 100% CPU Usage When Downloading

DCOM Server Process Launcher 100% CPU Usage When Downloading: DCOM server process launcher stays at 100% when downloading games on my hdd, could this mean my hard drive is going bad? I Have process lasso installed and it says my CPU % is 136% when this happens...
  6. How to fix high CPU usage of "Service host DCOM server process launcher"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix high CPU usage of "Service host DCOM server process launcher": Actually, after updating to windows 11, I've had a lot of problems and now after plugging in my adapter my fan speeds up to max so I've closed everything and opened task manager to see what happening and there I came to know that this service host DCOM server process launcher...
  7. How to fix high CPU usage of "Service host DCOM server process launcher"

How to fix high CPU usage of "Service host DCOM server process launcher": Actually, after updating to windows 11, I've had a lot of problems and now after plugging in my adapter my fan speeds up to max so I've closed everything and opened task manager to see what happening and there I came to know that this service host DCOM server process launcher...
  8. DCOM server process launcher high cpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DCOM server process launcher high cpu usage: hi, i have dell laptop running windows 10. recently i updated my windows 10 version to 2004.after using 10 to 20 mins my laptop getting hot. i found that DCOM server process launcher has high cpu usage.is there any way to avoid this problem.pls help me.....
  9. Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher (4) High Memory Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher (4) High Memory Usage: <p>Hi</p><p>In the previous <g class="gr_ gr_20 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="20" id="20">days</g> I'm facing this problem that DCOM Server Process Launcher uses lots of memory. For the details, it starts...
  10. High CPU usage: Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU usage: Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher: So for quite a while now, I have been having issues with my pc. After using it for a couple of hours (playing games, browsing the internet, using it for university work, etc.) its performance is noticably lower than just after startup. Task Manager tells me that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. service host dcom power usage high

2. service host dcom server process launcher high cpu usage

3. dcom server process launcher using 100 cpu local session managet

4. service host dcom,
  5. windows server service host DCOM process Launcher 99% CPU,
  6. what is wsappx server dcom procedure,
  7. dcom process hight,
  8. service host dcom server process launcher,
  9. how to see last night cpu utilization in windows,
  10. why is dcom server process launcher using 100% cpu,
  11. svchost.exe Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher,