Windows 10: Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service 100% Disk Usage on Windows 10

Discus and support Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service 100% Disk Usage on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Service Host Diagnostic Policy Service is a crucial service policy that is installed by default in all Windows 10 systems. The function of this service... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 19, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service 100% Disk Usage on Windows 10

Service Host Diagnostic Policy Service is a crucial service policy that is installed by default in all Windows 10 systems. The function of this service is to detect and troubleshoot the issues on Windows 10 system components. It initiates the corrective action automatically and notifies the user about the potential issue. It also creates a […]

This article Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service 100% Disk Usage on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 19, 2021
  2. Miroslav Prágl, Apr 19, 2021
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Apr 19, 2021
  4. Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service 100% Disk Usage on Windows 10

Consistent CPU Usage by Service Host : Diagnostic Policy Service

Hello Guys,

I'm using Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit. After the latest Windows update in Feb 2018, I've been experiencing consistent CPU Usage (13-14%) by a Windows Process (Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service).

I can't figure out why is this process taking CPU usage every time even when the system is idle. *Huh

I tried to limit its startup, by changing its startup type to Manual, but this went in vain.

A screenshot has been added to make it more clear.
    Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service 100% Disk Usage on Windows 10 [​IMG]

Any tips or tweaks regarding this?

Thanks

PC Specifications:

Lenovo Y50
    Intel Core i7 4710 HQ 2.5 GHz
    8GB DDR3 RAM
    1 TB +8GB SSHD
    2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M

Preetkaran, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service 100% Disk Usage on Windows 10

1. Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service 100% Disk Usage on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Service Host Diagnostic

2. Service Host: Diagnostic Policy using a lot of CPU and Disk usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Host: Diagnostic Policy using a lot of CPU and Disk usage: As you can guess from the title, I've been having lots of issues with this specific service. It's been using disk a lot and some CPU as well, nothing to overheat my computer but it often ends up consuming CPU that I need as well. Typically it uses something around 10%-20% of...
  3. Service Host: Diagnostic Policy using a lot of CPU and Disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Diagnostic Policy using a lot of CPU and Disk usage: As you can guess from the title, I've been having lots of issues with this specific service. It's been using disk a lot and some CPU as well, nothing to overheat my computer but it often ends up consuming CPU that I need as well. Typically it uses something around 10%-20% of...
  4. Service Host: Diagnostic Policy using a lot of CPU and Disk usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. A Diagnostic Policy Service 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Diagnostic Policy Service 100% disk usage: Everytime I play any game and in somewhat demanding scene and the FPS is drop and from what I found out from monitoring my resouces in task manager when there are so many effect on my screen and my game would lag a little but the DPS will start doing something and uses 100%...
  6. A Diagnostic Policy Service 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Diagnostic Policy Service 100% disk usage: Everytime I play any game and in somewhat demanding scene and the FPS is drop and from what I found out from monitoring my resouces in task manager when there are so many effect on my screen and my game would lag a little but the DPS will start doing something and uses 100%...
  7. A Diagnostic Policy Service 100% disk usage

8. "Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service" Jumping Memory Usage

"Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service" Jumping Memory Usage: Hello, I found something unusual in my laptop. When I open Task Manager, I found this "Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service" memory usage keep changing between 2 Gb and 22 Mb. I don't know what happen. But I feel something isn't right. Can somebody tell me what...
  9. Service Host Diagnostic Policy Service causes RAM usage fluctuations

Service Host Diagnostic Policy Service causes RAM usage fluctuations: As stated above, this problem started after installing the newest update (Version 1903). This keeps making my PC lag due to the high RAM use. I looked into task manager and found that Service Host Diagnostic Policy Service was causing the fluctuations in RAM usage....
  10. Consistent CPU Usage by Service Host : Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Consistent CPU Usage by Service Host : Diagnostic Policy Service: Hello Guys, I'm using Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit. After the latest Windows update in Feb 2018, I've been experiencing consistent CPU Usage (13-14%) by a Windows Process (Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service). I can't figure out why is this process taking...