Windows 10: "Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service" using almost 50% of CPU

Discus and support "Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service" using almost 50% of CPU in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service using almost 50% of CPU according to task manager. Wouldn't really care if it didn't seem to lock up my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Captmatt, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Captmatt Win User

"Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service" using almost 50% of CPU

Hello,
    Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service using almost 50% of CPU according to task manager. Wouldn't really care if it didn't seem to lock up my desk top for minutes at just the wrong time. Can I, or better yet, should I turn this off? New to forum, hope this appropriate place for question.
    Thanks

:)

Captmatt, Jan 24, 2018

2. windows 10 automatic shutdown

Hi Anil,

We appreciate you sharing with us how you get to resolve the issue you were experiencing with your PC's performance.

Here are the things you want to know about disabling the services you've already disabled:

• Disabling the Search service will stop the indexing of all files. You'll still have an access to search but this time, it will take longer since it has to search through your files every time. You may trim down the files that are getting
      indexed instead of disabling the said service.
    • The Diagnostic Policy service enables problem detection, troubleshooting, and resolution for Windows components. Stopping this service, diagnostics will no longer function and any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.
    • The Diagnostic Service Host is used by the Diagnostic Policy Service to host diagnostics that need to run in a Local Service context. Disabling this service, any diagnostics that depend on it will no longer function.
    • The Diagnostic System Host is used by the Diagnostic Policy service to host diagnostics that need to run in a Local System context. Disabling this, any diagnostics that depend on it will also no longer function.

Basically, disabling a service means a domino effect for the services that depends on it. It seems that all the services that you've disabled are related to diagnostics.

Let us know if you have further queries.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jan 24, 2018
  3. Lunne89 Win User
    Disabling Windows Compatibility Telemetry - Windows 10

I don't have that service. I only have Diagnostic Policy Service, Diagnostic Service Host, and Diagnostic System Host.

Great to hear an official response though!

I can also verify that the preciously mentioned Process Blocker works beautifully with this issue.

Lunne89, Jan 24, 2018
  4. "Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service" using almost 50% of CPU

Hi Captmatt.

Don't think I would be disabling, might be better to try and find out why it is so high.

Have you done any diagnostic work, sfc /scannow, checking drives for errors, checking device manager for errors, see if anything is being reported in Reliability history.

Could you tell us about your machine, when the problem started etc.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jan 27, 2018
Thema:

"Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service" using almost 50% of CPU

1. "Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service" using almost 50% of CPU - Similar Threads - Service Host Diagnostic

2. Service Host Diagnostic Policy High CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host Diagnostic Policy High CPU usage: Recently bought a new PC and for some reason when my desktop is one, even idle, Service Host Diagnostic Policy is always running at about 15% - 30% cpu usage. This is more cpu usage than any game or other application I run.I have done research and done the following to try...
  3. Service Host Diagnostic Policy High CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host Diagnostic Policy High CPU usage: Recently bought a new PC and for some reason when my desktop is one, even idle, Service Host Diagnostic Policy is always running at about 15% - 30% cpu usage. This is more cpu usage than any game or other application I run.I have done research and done the following to try...
  4. Service Host: Diagnostic Policy using a lot of CPU and Disk usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Host: Diagnostic Policy using a lot of CPU and Disk usage: As you can guess from the title, I've been having lots of issues with this specific service. It's been using disk a lot and some CPU as well, nothing to overheat my computer but it often ends up consuming CPU that I need as well. Typically it uses something around 10%-20% of...
  5. Service Host: Diagnostic Policy using a lot of CPU and Disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Diagnostic Policy using a lot of CPU and Disk usage: As you can guess from the title, I've been having lots of issues with this specific service. It's been using disk a lot and some CPU as well, nothing to overheat my computer but it often ends up consuming CPU that I need as well. Typically it uses something around 10%-20% of...
  6. Service Host: Diagnostic Policy using a lot of CPU and Disk usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. 50-60% cpu usage from “Service host: Diagnostic policy..”???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    50-60% cpu usage from “Service host: Diagnostic policy..”???: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SmaIIpp [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kxue71/5060_cpu_usage_from_service_host_diagnostic_policy/
  8. Slowdowns and Crashes from Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slowdowns and Crashes from Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 on my desktop and I have recently been getting huge slowdowns due to the Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service process. I can force quit the application, which restores normal system function for 10-15 minutes before it slows down again and I...
  9. Consistent CPU Usage by Service Host : Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Consistent CPU Usage by Service Host : Diagnostic Policy Service: Hello Guys, I'm using Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit. After the latest Windows update in Feb 2018, I've been experiencing consistent CPU Usage (13-14%) by a Windows Process (Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service). I can't figure out why is this process taking...
  10. Diagnostic Policy Service - high CPU

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Diagnostic Policy Service - high CPU: HP laptop problem In the last few days, this laptop started having poor performance, with Task manager showing Diagnostic Policy Service taking up to 30% or more of CPU. HP Spectre x360 - 13-4197dx (ENERGY STAR) [img] In the last few days it started having poor...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. diagnostic policy service getting to high in ram

2. diagnostic policy service usingt 30% of cpu

3. diagnostic policy service using cpu

4. windows 10 service host: Diagnostic Service Host and Diagnostic Policy Service high cpu,
  5. service host diagnostic policy service