Windows 10: Service Host: Disk Defragmenter always popping up on startup and using CPU?

Discus and support Service Host: Disk Defragmenter always popping up on startup and using CPU? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This began today, where every time I would turn on my PC, this service would open and start using up CPU power, I don't know what's causing it. Should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by retrobit64, May 10, 2022.

1. Service Host: Disk Defragmenter always popping up on startup and using CPU?

This began today, where every time I would turn on my PC, this service would open and start using up CPU power, I don't know what's causing it. Should I be concerned?

:)

retrobit64, May 10, 2022

2. High CPU on Runtime Broker, Service Host: SysMain and Disk Defragmenter.

apparently the service host: disk defragmenter, runtime broker and service host: SysMain are using a lot of cpu on my laptop. i also have 6 runtime brokers. what do i do?

DonaldDiehl, May 10, 2022
  3. The Service Host: Disk Defragmenter

How can I uninstall Defragmenter? It is part of Service Hosts.

Thanks

BridgetRosen, May 10, 2022
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Service Host: Disk Defragmenter always popping up on startup and using CPU?

Defragmentation not working, and new update causing crashes

Hi,

It is possible that Disk Defragmenter service has been disabled or not properly running on your PC, causing defragmentation issues. To troubleshoot this, kindly try these following methods:

Run System File Checker

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. To do so, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Run this command: SFC /scannow
    • This may take several minutes to finish. If Command Prompt shows Verification 100% complete, close the command prompt and check if your issue has been fixed.

Check Disk Defragmenter service

Disk Defragmenter service is required to perform disk defragmentation. If Disk Defragmenter service and other services that is required to perform disk defragmentation is disabled, you may encounter issues doing defragmentation. To troubleshoot this, follow
    these steps:

• In the search box, search and open Services.
    • Find Disk Defragmenter service, right-click it, and select Properties.
    • Make sure that Disk Defragmenter service Startup type is set to Manual.
    • Go back to the Services window and make sure that the Startup type of these services is set to Automatic:
      • Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
      • DCOM Server Process Launcher
      • RPC Endpoint Mapper

Regarding your issue with the Windows Update, kindly answer these following questions for us to assist:

• What is the update that you are trying to install (KB16XXXX)?
    • What are the specifications of your PC?
    • Do you receive any error messages when encountering a system crash?

We'll be looking forward for your response.

Regards.

Allan Mej, May 10, 2022
Thema:

Service Host: Disk Defragmenter always popping up on startup and using CPU?

1. Service Host: Disk Defragmenter always popping up on startup and using CPU? - Similar Threads - Service Host Disk

2. I can't find Disk defragmentation in Services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't find Disk defragmentation in Services: I could not find the Disk defragmenter service in the services section opened with services.msc. Does this service go by another name? Or maybe why, why doesn't it happen?...
  3. Service Host: Diagnostic Policy using a lot of CPU and Disk usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Host: Diagnostic Policy using a lot of CPU and Disk usage: As you can guess from the title, I've been having lots of issues with this specific service. It's been using disk a lot and some CPU as well, nothing to overheat my computer but it often ends up consuming CPU that I need as well. Typically it uses something around 10%-20% of...
  4. Service Host: Diagnostic Policy using a lot of CPU and Disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Diagnostic Policy using a lot of CPU and Disk usage: As you can guess from the title, I've been having lots of issues with this specific service. It's been using disk a lot and some CPU as well, nothing to overheat my computer but it often ends up consuming CPU that I need as well. Typically it uses something around 10%-20% of...
  5. Service Host: Diagnostic Policy using a lot of CPU and Disk usage

6. Service Host: Disk Defragmenter always popping up on startup and using CPU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Disk Defragmenter always popping up on startup and using CPU?: This began today, where every time I would turn on my PC, this service would open and start using up CPU power, I don't know what's causing it. Should I be concerned?...
  7. Service Host: Disk Defragmenter always popping up on startup and using CPU?

Service Host: Disk Defragmenter always popping up on startup and using CPU?: This began today, where every time I would turn on my PC, this service would open and start using up CPU power, I don't know what's causing it. Should I be concerned?...
  8. Always pop up windows script host

in Windows 10 Customization
    Always pop up windows script host: Hi all,Need u help and advice why always pop up windows script host when I log in profile account. but when I click the button close nothing happens. appreciate your help....
  9. High CPU on Runtime Broker, Service Host: SysMain and Disk Defragmenter.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU on Runtime Broker, Service Host: SysMain and Disk Defragmenter.: apparently the service host: disk defragmenter, runtime broker and service host: SysMain are using a lot of cpu on my laptop. i also have 6 runtime brokers. what do i do?...
  10. Service Host: Disk Defragmenter taking up huge amounts of CPU 24/7

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Service Host: Disk Defragmenter taking up huge amounts of CPU 24/7: Seriously, it's starting to concern me how it's permanently taking up this much of my CPU... Here's a link showing how much of the CPU it's taking up, it's been like this for days now. https://i.imgur.com/k94cXGa.png 73560

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. service host disk defragmenter