Windows 10: Service host eating my pc memory

Discus and support Service host eating my pc memory in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys, I recently built my own PC. Generally it worked ok and was a huge improvement compared with my previous pc. However, I noticed that there are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/devilwing0218, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Service host eating my pc memory

Hi guys, I recently built my own PC. Generally it worked ok and was a huge improvement compared with my previous pc. However, I noticed that there are many service host processes in task manager. The processes don’t take up too much memory immediately after I turn on the PC, but they begin to eat lots of memory when the PC is on for one or two hours, taking up to 60% of the memory (16g in total). I read something online and it seems that windows 10 run these processes to keep the computer stable. But they take up too much memory, and I didn’t observe similar issue in my laptop. So this makes me wonder whether this is caused by incompatible hardware in my PC. I would appreciate it if you guys can give me some advice or something I can do to figure out the root cause.

submitted by /u/devilwing0218
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/devilwing0218, Mar 13, 2020
  2. SkyDuong Win User

service host intrusion eating resources

REMOVE ALL UNNECESSARY USELESS service host processes, they are intrusive and eating resources. how fking dumb can u be microsoft? nobody wants those dumb XBOX ****, candycrush rubbish. holyshit windows 7 so much better but you chose to not provide further
    updates.

SkyDuong, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Service Host applications EATING up Memory

Hey,

I have exactly the same problem with this person *, only his solution does not work for me. I tried a lot of other things and it just seems to get worse. It has now been 4-5 days since it has started. It seemed to start when I was connecting xbox with my
    computes to be able to play minecraft with friends (crossplay) after playing I got a black screen and many of my open app and my screen fell out. since then I have been very careful before my computer crashed.

* Service Host applications EATING up Memory
    Service host eating my pc memory 20693eb7-0d94-4bb9-b8fb-51d269004987?upload=true.png

ZippyBox1019, Mar 13, 2020
  4. royroy Win User

Service host eating my pc memory

Service Host memory leak?

Hi,
    I'm new to win 10 and it is a grand adventure I have to say.
    Today I figured why my computer has been shutting down/lagging.

The processes under Service Host (all of them) consume ungodly amount of ram, and they increase usage over time. The PC can idle and this will still happen to the point of running out of memory and eventually shutting down.

Any remedy for this?
    Service host eating my pc memory [​IMG]

Service host eating my pc memory [​IMG]

royroy, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Service host eating my pc memory

1. Service host eating my pc memory - Similar Threads - Service host eating

2. Antimalware Service Executable eating memory and disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antimalware Service Executable eating memory and disk: upgraded from windows 10 to 11 on Dell 3670 and having memory and disk issues. was better for a little while but getting worse. any direction appreciated. thanks, bob...
  3. Service host applications EATING memory.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Service host applications EATING memory.: [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]Why are these service host applications eating memory and HOW does this happen??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-applications-eating-memory/5d52274e-abe4-425f-9bdd-9e83bcb3d547
  4. Service host eating my RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service host eating my RAM: I'm currently using a Huawei Matebook 13, it has 8 gigs of RAM and it runs pretty well, but I've faced a single, big problem with it. The RAM usually overloads and collapses after some usage time, which makes everything start crashing, making me force restarting my laptop....
  5. Service Host eats 90% of my memory

Service Host eats 90% of my memory: Hi, I am facing a serious problem that the service host processes take up most of my PC memory 16G. It all starts low, but would gradually increase as time passes, and in about 3 to 4 hours, it will take as much as 90% of the memory. This is definitely not reasonable. and...
  6. Service Host processes eating my memory

Service Host processes eating my memory: Over the past week, applications, games and web pages keep crashing after about an hour or two after I start my computer. I checked task Manager and saw my memory usage was ridiculous high for what I was running. Something like 95% just for running Discord. There are at least...
  7. Service Host applications EATING up Memory

Service Host applications EATING up Memory: Hey, I have exactly the same problem with this person *, only his solution does not work for me. I tried a lot of other things and it just seems to get worse. It has now been 4-5 days since it has started. It seemed to start when I was connecting xbox with my computes to be...
  8. Service Host tasks are eating up all my memory.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service Host tasks are eating up all my memory.: [ATTACH] I recently updated to Windows 10 version 1903 and now there are about a hundred different instances of service host that are all taking small chunks of my 8gb memory. Individually, they're small, but together they're using about 95% at idle. It's crippling my...
  9. Service Host applications EATING up Memory

Service Host applications EATING up Memory: When I start my computer I have a good 60+ service host applications running and after about an 1 or 2 of just having my computer on or playing on it in general all 60+ of those service host application are taking up all of my memory. I have a custom built pc with 24gbs of...
  10. Service Host memory leak?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Service Host memory leak?: Hi, I'm new to win 10 and it is a grand adventure I have to say. Today I figured why my computer has been shutting down/lagging. The processes under Service Host (all of them) consume ungodly amount of ram, and they increase usage over time. The PC can idle and this will...