Windows 10: service host is consuming a lot of data.

Discus and support service host is consuming a lot of data. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Service host is consuming a lot of data while updating windows and otherwise also. is service host is necessary for updating the windows or we can end... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nileshsingariya, Dec 7, 2020.

1. service host is consuming a lot of data.

Service host is consuming a lot of data while updating windows and otherwise also.

is service host is necessary for updating the windows or we can end it without any problem?

:)

nileshsingariya, Dec 7, 2020

2. Metred connection, still consuming a lot of data

Hi All,

My laptop is a new DELL laptop, preinstalled with Windows10. Every time I connect my laptop to my mobile internet connection through the mobile hotspot, the laptop is consuming a lot of internet data. I set the connection as metered, still it is consuming
    a lot of data. This needs to be stopped at the earliest.

Below are the actions taken so far as per my own understanding:

• Connection is already set as metered.
    • I have stopped the Windows Update service, before I start my data connection. Instead, I am manually checking and installing updates.
    Can someone please advise ASAP?

RatnakharMeka, Dec 7, 2020
  3. brybautry Win User
    windows 10 Service Host: Local Service (No Network) (3) is consuming a lot of CPU how do i resolve?

windows 10 Service Host: Local Service (No Network) (3) is consuming a lot of CPU how do i resolve?

brybautry, Dec 7, 2020
  4. service host is consuming a lot of data.

Service host local system consuming most of my data

Hi Abhay,

Service Host (svchost.exe) is a generic service hosting container. There are lots of system services that are running on it and it's not advisable to remove it. To help resolve your concern, you may try to perform a clean boot to check which programs or applications
    that are causing the issue. To do this, follow the steps provided in this link:
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

service host is consuming a lot of data.

1. service host is consuming a lot of data. - Similar Threads - service host consuming

2. Service Host: Network Service is consuming lots of data.How to stop it permanently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host: Network Service is consuming lots of data.How to stop it permanently.: i've checked that my pc is not doing any updates , i did do a disc clean up and restarted my pc afterwards yet the service host keeps popping up and keeps consuming all my bandwith. What other options are left ?...
  3. Service Host: Network Service is consuming lots of data.How to stop it permanently.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Service Host: Network Service is consuming lots of data.How to stop it permanently.: i've checked that my pc is not doing any updates , i did do a disc clean up and restarted my pc afterwards yet the service host keeps popping up and keeps consuming all my bandwith. What other options are left ?...
  4. Service Host: Network Service is consuming lots of data.How to stop it permanently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Service Host: Network service consuming HUGE amounts of data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Network service consuming HUGE amounts of data: Service Host: Network service is hogging all of my bandwidth. I have tried every suggestion I could find on google, to no avail. All of my updates are off and bandwidth limited. Windows 10 is up to dateConnection set to metered.Background Intelligent Transfer is...
  6. Service Host: Network service consuming HUGE amounts of data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host: Network service consuming HUGE amounts of data: Service Host: Network service is hogging all of my bandwidth. I have tried every suggestion I could find on google, to no avail. All of my updates are off and bandwidth limited. Windows 10 is up to dateConnection set to metered.Background Intelligent Transfer is...
  7. Service Host: Network service consuming HUGE amounts of data

8. svchost.exe Service Host: Network Service is consuming lots of data.How to stop it permanently.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    svchost.exe Service Host: Network Service is consuming lots of data.How to stop it permanently.: svchost.exe Service Host: Network Service is consuming my data,so that i am not able to do my other activities due to low speed.It is even taking time to open any webpage.How to stop data consumption from 'Service Host: Network Service' in task manager....
  9. Service Host: Network service Delivery Optimization consuming too much data

Service Host: Network service Delivery Optimization consuming too much data: Hi sir, In my widnwos 10 the Serivce Host Delivery Optimization is consuming too much data from my metered connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-network-service-delivery-optimization/c49187b4-873f-4121-8eac-264286310d34
  10. ICloudPhoto.exe consuming a lot of data

ICloudPhoto.exe consuming a lot of data: Hello, I have found threads about iclouphoto.exe consuming a lot of data because it is syncing to a server (in my case 120GB in a day)but I haven't found a permanent solution to the problem. Can anyone help? Thanks...