Windows 10: Service Host:Local Service Windows Audio uses a lot of CPU

Discus and support Service Host:Local Service Windows Audio uses a lot of CPU in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For a few days now I've been noticing a high usage for my CPU, when i open task manager i see "Service Host:Local Service" at the top with 20% and very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MihaiSoroiu, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Service Host:Local Service Windows Audio uses a lot of CPU

For a few days now I've been noticing a high usage for my CPU, when i open task manager i see "Service Host:Local Service" at the top with 20% and very high power usage.This happens randomly during the day and i need to restart the computer or use cmd commands to temporarily fix it.It began to annoy me since my pc will start to lag while in games due to 100% usage On average games use 20-50% of my CPU but with this problem added it gets to 100%I want to find a permanent solution for this problem, if you have suggestion, i will try.

:)

MihaiSoroiu, Oct 14, 2021
  2. pm89 Win User

Windows 10 "Service Host: Local Service (No Network)" drains CPU constantly

I've had this problem for at least several months.
    I noticed a lot of threads without a happy ending:

1. High CPU Usage from "Service Host: Local Service [...]
    2. Service Host: Local Service (No Network) (3) and Service Host: Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) causing High CPU
    3. svchost.exe Service Host: Local Service (No Network) - Permanent CPU usage
    4. service host: Local Service (No Network) (5) taking up all my CPU resources (i5-4690k)

And I did try all the suggestions made in these threads including:

1. Updating the windows to the latest version
    2. Troubleshoot network, update, etc
    3. killing all other software, changing MSISUPPORTED of my SSD disk in regedit etc.

One thing I noticed is that the problem disappears in safemode.

3. brybautry Win User
    windows 10 Service Host: Local Service (No Network) (3) is consuming a lot of CPU how do i resolve?

windows 10 Service Host: Local Service (No Network) (3) is consuming a lot of CPU how do i resolve?

brybautry, Oct 14, 2021
  4. Service Host:Local Service Windows Audio uses a lot of CPU

Service Host: Windows Biometric Service and Service Host: Local System (2) high cpu usage

Service Host: Windows Biometric Service and Service Host: Local System (2) high CPU usage. I don't open many apps but this two service occupy most of my CPU availability. The CPU usage is very high and my computer always hot because of this, even after
    sleep.

Please help me to solve this!

YoungYoung29, Oct 14, 2021
Thema:

Service Host:Local Service Windows Audio uses a lot of CPU

1. Service Host:Local Service Windows Audio uses a lot of CPU - Similar Threads - Service Host Local

2. Service Host: Diagnostic Policy using a lot of CPU and Disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Diagnostic Policy using a lot of CPU and Disk usage: As you can guess from the title, I've been having lots of issues with this specific service. It's been using disk a lot and some CPU as well, nothing to overheat my computer but it often ends up consuming CPU that I need as well. Typically it uses something around 10%-20% of...
  3. Service Host: Diagnostic Policy using a lot of CPU and Disk usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host: Diagnostic Policy using a lot of CPU and Disk usage: As you can guess from the title, I've been having lots of issues with this specific service. It's been using disk a lot and some CPU as well, nothing to overheat my computer but it often ends up consuming CPU that I need as well. Typically it uses something around 10%-20% of...
  4. Service Host Local Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host Local Service: I opened my task manager one day and now I have like a million "Service Host Local Service". Can you shed any insight on this? I attached a snap shot of my task manager and they processes shown are only a little bit. They go on and on and on. This seems extremely suspect....
  5. Service Host Local Service

Service Host Local Service: I opened my task manager one day and now I have like a million "Service Host Local Service". Can you shed any insight on this? I attached a snap shot of my task manager and they processes shown are only a little bit. They go on and on and on. This seems extremely suspect....
  6. Service Host Local Service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. High cpu usage from Service Host: Local Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High cpu usage from Service Host: Local Service: Does anyone know why this is happening?my CPU usage ranges from 90 - 100svchost.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-cpu-usage-from-service-host-local-service/e91993ae-c330-4ba4-a9a7-c47755dbe7f1
  8. High cpu usage from Service Host: Local Service

High cpu usage from Service Host: Local Service: Does anyone know why this is happening?my CPU usage ranges from 90 - 100svchost.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-cpu-usage-from-service-host-local-service/e91993ae-c330-4ba4-a9a7-c47755dbe7f1
  9. Service host : Server using lots of CPU and RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service host : Server using lots of CPU and RAM: Hi, Today I found out that the RAM and CPU of my laptop are being overutilized. Service host is using a lot of resources. Steps followed till now: 1 Ran DISM restore health. 2 Disabled some startup programs and updated drivers. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  10. service host: local service

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    service host: local service: My Lenovo laptop is running slowly because of Service host: local network. Is there any way of removing these to allow the laptop to run more quickly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-local-service/a2f5e3a9-ee7a-46c3-af1c-c1bf1b06cc12