Windows 10: service host: local service

Discus and support service host: local service in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Lenovo laptop is running slowly because of Service host: local network. Is there any way of removing these to allow the laptop to run more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RichardBoyce1, Aug 7, 2019.

1. service host: local service

My Lenovo laptop is running slowly because of Service host: local network.

Is there any way of removing these to allow the laptop to run more quickly?

:)

RichardBoyce1, Aug 7, 2019

2. Browser /connection security, hosts file and DNS service

You're saying that Open DNS(and other services like it) house their own list of known 'bad' sites, and by using their DNS servers, it will filter out sites based on that list?

Would you believe I was already using Open DNS servers.
    This means the hosts file is moot?

And furthering that, if there's any bespoke sites I want to manually add, I could do it through my router directly.

Thus I can empty my local hosts file and turn my DNS service back on?

newconroer, Aug 7, 2019
  3. service host: local system

Hi,

If Windows Defender did not detect any threat on your PC, we suggest you refer to the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Deepak Krishnan R on this
    thread

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Kenneth Mon, Aug 7, 2019
  4. pm89 Win User

service host: local service

Windows 10 "Service Host: Local Service (No Network)" drains CPU constantly

I've had this problem for at least several months.
    I noticed a lot of threads without a happy ending:

1. High CPU Usage from "Service Host: Local Service [...]
    2. Service Host: Local Service (No Network) (3) and Service Host: Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) causing High CPU
    3. svchost.exe Service Host: Local Service (No Network) - Permanent CPU usage
    4. service host: Local Service (No Network) (5) taking up all my CPU resources (i5-4690k)

And I did try all the suggestions made in these threads including:

1. Updating the windows to the latest version
    2. Troubleshoot network, update, etc
    3. killing all other software, changing MSISUPPORTED of my SSD disk in regedit etc.

One thing I noticed is that the problem disappears in safemode.

pm89, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

service host: local service

1. service host: local service - Similar Threads - service host local

2. Service Host Local Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host Local Service: I opened my task manager one day and now I have like a million "Service Host Local Service". Can you shed any insight on this? I attached a snap shot of my task manager and they processes shown are only a little bit. They go on and on and on. This seems extremely suspect....
  3. Service Host Local Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host Local Service: I opened my task manager one day and now I have like a million "Service Host Local Service". Can you shed any insight on this? I attached a snap shot of my task manager and they processes shown are only a little bit. They go on and on and on. This seems extremely suspect....
  4. Service Host Local Service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. High cpu usage from Service Host: Local Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High cpu usage from Service Host: Local Service: Does anyone know why this is happening?my CPU usage ranges from 90 - 100svchost.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-cpu-usage-from-service-host-local-service/e91993ae-c330-4ba4-a9a7-c47755dbe7f1
  6. High cpu usage from Service Host: Local Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High cpu usage from Service Host: Local Service: Does anyone know why this is happening?my CPU usage ranges from 90 - 100svchost.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-cpu-usage-from-service-host-local-service/e91993ae-c330-4ba4-a9a7-c47755dbe7f1
  7. Windows Service Host: Local System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Service Host: Local System: Windows Service host: Local System: I deleted this after it was using up too much bandwidth, how do I reinstall it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-service-host-local-system/6bbfb196-77c2-4e1a-88ac-5c98ff5a3af0
  8. Service host: Local system -> Microsoft Store Install service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service host: Local system -> Microsoft Store Install service: HI, Of recent, my laptop has been running quite hot, due to which the fans have been running all the time, creating a nuisance. When I looked for the culprit in the task manager, I found out it to be Service host: Local system, its been consuming nearly 30% of the CPU,...
  9. Service Host: Local System

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Service Host: Local System: will ending Service Host: Local System effect my pc or like turn it off or something bad will happen to my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-local-system/e0493e83-05a4-46a8-9b82-7b59c2960143
  10. Windows 10 Service Host: Local Service (Network Restricted)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Service Host: Local Service (Network Restricted): Hello forum, Hello guys I've had this issue that has really been getting on my nerves for the past couple of weeks now ever since upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7. For some odd reason at random times this Service Host: Local Service (Network Restricted) (6) will...