Windows 10: Service Host : Local Session Manager is using so much CPU.

Discus and support Service Host : Local Session Manager is using so much CPU. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! A while ago the program Service Host : Local Session Manager was using around 80-90% of my CPU in my windows 10. And my fan was moving like a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FMHasan, Feb 22, 2021.

1. FMHasan Win User

Service Host : Local Session Manager is using so much CPU.

Hello! A while ago the program Service Host : Local Session Manager was using around 80-90% of my CPU in my windows 10. And my fan was moving like a maniac. When I restarted my computer, the problem was gone. Now I want to know why that had happened and how can I solve it if it happens again. I will be very grateful if you answer me! And it should be mentioned that I have a intel core-i3 laptop that has 4 GB of RAM and 1 TB of hard disk.

:)

FMHasan, Feb 22, 2021
  2. mwy0920 Win User

Service Host- Local Session Manager using too much memory

My Dell 7010 Desktop recently always showing :

Service Host : Local Session Manager is using so much CPU. FIX-Your-Computer-Is-Low-On-Memory-Warning-In-Windows-10.png

I have 12 GB memory which was updated from 4 GB since this warning first time coming. After updated, Warning still coming. I checked the Task Manager and find Service Host- Local Session Manager always using too much memory. Who can give me a suggestion?
    Please!!

mwy0920, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Local Sessions Manager

Hi Carol,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forums.

Did you make any changes on your computers recently?

Are the computers on domain?

Do the computers boot to desktop or get stuck at
    "Waiting for Local Session Manager" screen?

Local Session Manager (LSM) is a Win32 service, which starts automatically when the operating system starts. It is a core Windows Service that manages local user sessions. Stopping or disabling this service
    will result in system instability.

Local Session Manager cannot be started if the following services are disabled, deleted or working improperly.

DCOM Server Process Launcher.

Remote Procedure Call (RPC).

RPC Endpoint Mapper.

To help you better with this issue, please get back to us with answers to the questions listed above.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Service Host : Local Session Manager is using so much CPU.

svchost.exe / service host : local system ( network restricted ) high usage memory and CPU

When you open Task Manager a little bit, you’ll see that svchost.exe service host: local system (network restricted) is causing the problem of high CPU usage. To improve your Windows performance, and get rid of the high CPU usage, you
    have to disable Superfetch service. Superfetch used to pre-load data from hard disk into RAM memory. So let's follow this steps.

Fix svchost.exe service host: local system (network restricted)

dedyprasetiyo724, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Service Host : Local Session Manager is using so much CPU.

1. Service Host : Local Session Manager is using so much CPU. - Similar Threads - Service Host Local

2. Service host : Storage services taking too much CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service host : Storage services taking too much CPU: One day I was playing Assetto Corsa casually with my friends. Suddenly my fps went down to 4 from 62. I checked task manager and found out that this process is taking 61 % of my cpu, 345 to 500 MBs of my ram and power usage at Very High. Can anyone help ?My SSD drivers are up...
  3. Service host : Storage services taking too much CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service host : Storage services taking too much CPU: One day I was playing Assetto Corsa casually with my friends. Suddenly my fps went down to 4 from 62. I checked task manager and found out that this process is taking 61 % of my cpu, 345 to 500 MBs of my ram and power usage at Very High. Can anyone help ?My SSD drivers are up...
  4. Windows Using so Much CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Using so Much CPU: soo my problem is windows 7 and windows 10 is using sooooo much ram when i was using any program simple the windows programs it is good no High CPU usage when i turned on minecraft it give 100% cpu usage i thought i have to upgrade my cpu processor or ram i upgraded it now...
  5. Windows Using so Much CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Using so Much CPU: soo my problem is windows 7 and windows 10 is using sooooo much ram when i was using any program simple the windows programs it is good no High CPU usage when i turned on minecraft it give 100% cpu usage i thought i have to upgrade my cpu processor or ram i upgraded it now...
  6. Service host: local system using so much data

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service host: local system using so much data: Hello, i have only a 2gb of data for my online class but service host local system is using so much data that i am not able to be in my online class. What should ido...
  7. Service host local session manager is using so much CPU, what do I do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Service host local session manager is using so much CPU, what do I do?: Hi, I have a Acer Extensa 15 that has a core i3 processor and 4 GB of RAM. I included a screenshot where you can see a process called Service Host: Local Session Manager is using so much CPU, the fans are moving like crazy to keep the laptop cool. What do I do? I need an...
  8. Service local system using so much ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service local system using so much ram: My name is arjun and i bought a new laptop from asus online .but it has a problem my laptop is using so much ram and when i looked at my task manager a system called service host local system is using so much ram and makes my computer slow can anybody help me...
  9. Local Session Manager Is taking too much of CPU

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Session Manager Is taking too much of CPU: Local session manager is using unusual amount CPU resource, using more than 8-9% in idle more than other heavy applications such browsers. Any methods to reduce this?...
  10. task manager - local system service host with high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    task manager - local system service host with high CPU usage: Can anyone explain what is happening here? From the moment I switch ON my desktop until switching OFF (working for 12 hours) the local system service host is always between 30% to 40% regarding CPU usage. Why? How to stop it? This does not happen in my Microsoft Surface...