Windows 10: Service Host Memory Leak Windows 10

Discus and support Service Host Memory Leak Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, Recently my RAM has been getting used up by the 50 or so service host processes. I can see the processes slowly increase their memory usage over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by noterik6, Aug 22, 2019.

1. noterik6 Win User

Service Host Memory Leak Windows 10

Hi,

Recently my RAM has been getting used up by the 50 or so service host processes. I can see the processes slowly increase their memory usage over time. This is my task manger soon after startup, and then 40 minutes later, without running any applications.

Service Host Memory Leak Windows 10 [​IMG]

After a few hours of this my applications start crashing until I restart my PC and repeat. I believe this started after I uninstalled the Avast antivirus in favor of windows.

:)

noterik6, Aug 22, 2019
  2. royroy Win User

Service Host memory leak?

Hi,
    I'm new to win 10 and it is a grand adventure I have to say.
    Today I figured why my computer has been shutting down/lagging.

The processes under Service Host (all of them) consume ungodly amount of ram, and they increase usage over time. The PC can idle and this will still happen to the point of running out of memory and eventually shutting down.

Any remedy for this?

royroy, Aug 22, 2019
  3. royroy Win User

are you serious?

did you even read my post?
    edit- i can't believe you are a senior member here... i guess i better look for help elsewhere

royroy, Aug 22, 2019
  4. royroy Win User

starting with 5mb after boot and slowly creeping up, 30mb, 50mb, 100mb, 150mb foe EACH process doesn't sound like mem leak to you?

edit- im done restating the OP with every post. the ram usage will keep going up till all ram is consumed and machine will shut down. and all this ram will go to Service Host. thanks for your time i guess? im out

royroy, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Service Host Memory Leak Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Service Host Memory

2. Windows 10 - Memory Leaks

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Memory Leaks: I'm trying to determine what is causing a memory leak on my Work PC - its an old machine running Win 10 Pro - i7-5930, 64GB ram, Gigabyte X99 motherboard. The issue has only started a few months ago, but can't for the life of me work out what the issue is. I thought it could...
  3. Windows 10 memory leak

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 memory leak: I recently purchased a new laptop and when transferring my old files from my previous one I used a new backup program and accidentally cloned my old laptop onto the new one. This gave me a whole bunch of errors and my new key was lost so I torrented a copy of windows and did...
  4. Memory leak?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory leak?: Hello. As the title states, my pc idles at around 2gb (mostly 1,8-1,9gb). Tried resetting, updating windows, drivers , nothing helps. What could be the issue? Edit1: Opening discord adds another 1 GB. Opening league of legends adds 2 GBs. (Game runs on very low capped on 60...
  5. Memory Leak in svchost Lanman Service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Leak in svchost Lanman Service: Hello, I am facing a very annoying issue in Win 10 pro maybe related to last update couple of weeks back. After using the machine for some time sometimes mins sometimes over an hour the memory usage keeps growing and eventually takes up the whole 12 GB Ram in my machine....
  6. Windows Memory Leak

Windows Memory Leak: I've recently gotten a memory leak which prevented me from playing any games all together i'm not sure on whats causing this leak but I need help on how to fix this [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows 10 - memory leak

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 - memory leak: I just recently started to notice that my ram usage went up without any apparent reason and my PC started to lag and even to freeze, something that didn't happened before. So i did some digging and found out this strange behavior using RAMMap something i couldn't see with a...
  8. is this memory leak?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is this memory leak?: [ATTACH] Please see my paged pool and non paged pool. This is the screenshot after I restarted my laptop and directly go to the task manager to see memory. and i found this. Is this possible? And then I download media creation from Microsoft and reinstall the window but...
  9. WIndows 10 Memory leak

WIndows 10 Memory leak: Good day , In the last week, my pc start presenting memory issues and i have been investigating and trying to solve them. the first one appeared was High use of memory like 98% when having nothing running, just pc in stand by. the problem of that was NonPaged Memory was...
  10. Service Host memory leak?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Service Host memory leak?: Hi, I'm new to win 10 and it is a grand adventure I have to say. Today I figured why my computer has been shutting down/lagging. The processes under Service Host (all of them) consume ungodly amount of ram, and they increase usage over time. The PC can idle and this will...