Windows 10: Service Host: Network Service - Continuosly using bandwidth for over a month

Discus and support Service Host: Network Service - Continuosly using bandwidth for over a month in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Service Host: Network Service has been using bandwidth for well over a month at this point, its currently limited to 0.5Mbps, as i managed to limit its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nerfix, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Nerfix Win User

Service Host: Network Service - Continuosly using bandwidth for over a month

Service Host: Network Service has been using bandwidth for well over a month at this point, its currently limited to 0.5Mbps, as i managed to limit its usage by turning background down loads down to 5%, if i undo this it increases how much it uses.

at 0.5Mbps it doesn't really impact anything as its hard to low, regardless of how bad my net is. However I don't see how is could actually be downloading still over this amount of time, when i first noticed it i left it going all day trying to get whatever the update was out of the way but it never stopped.

If i manually check for updates, its up to date. According to the activity monitor I've downloaded 30GB of date from the start of this month (16 days at this point)

I have zero idea how to check to see what is downloading/uploading or anything like that, i simply know it is doing something.

I also have all p2p stuff turned off and it hasn't used any data for that reason as that is also limited to 5GB and still have 5GB left.

So does anyone have an idea of what windows is trying to do?

:)

Nerfix, Mar 16, 2019

2. Windows 10, new computer, Service Host: Local System uses all household bandwidth for minutes at a time

Hi

I just purchased a new computer. It sits on a 1.5 MBPS DSL line, unfortunately. Every so often, the Service Host: Local System uses the entire bandwidth of the household for minutes at a time (10-45 minutes). As BulldogXX pointed out, Service Host is
    a shell. When I expand it, the resource monitor does not indicate what sub-process is using the bandwidth. Is there a way to determine the offending sub-process? Is there a way to throttle the bandwidth Service Host uses to enable the network to be used
    for other things? Or is there a way to suspect Service Host until a more convenient time? OR is there a way to schedule it to run at a more convenient time?

Any suggestions are appreciated,

Patrick

PatrickBaumann22, Mar 16, 2019
  3. pm89 Win User
    Windows 10 "Service Host: Local Service (No Network)" drains CPU constantly

I've had this problem for at least several months.
    I noticed a lot of threads without a happy ending:

1. High CPU Usage from "Service Host: Local Service [...]
    2. Service Host: Local Service (No Network) (3) and Service Host: Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) causing High CPU
    3. svchost.exe Service Host: Local Service (No Network) - Permanent CPU usage
    4. service host: Local Service (No Network) (5) taking up all my CPU resources (i5-4690k)

And I did try all the suggestions made in these threads including:

1. Updating the windows to the latest version
    2. Troubleshoot network, update, etc
    3. killing all other software, changing MSISUPPORTED of my SSD disk in regedit etc.

One thing I noticed is that the problem disappears in safemode.

4. moza1961 Win User

Service Host Local Service (No Network)

I have been struggling trying to addrss an issue with my tablet that several days ago started to become unresponsive and slow. I am running Windows 10 Home that was upgraded from 8.1 a few months back.

In task manager the number one resource using between 30-50%processor is "Service Host: Local Service (No Network) (4)". Under this are four services:

1. Widows Firewall

2. Diagnostic Policy Service

3. CoreMessaging

4. Base Filtering Engine

I have done searches and run SFC and
    dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    and

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    but the problem persists. I REALLY don't want to reimage this thing so any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Rick

moza1961, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Service Host: Network Service - Continuosly using bandwidth for over a month - Similar Threads - Service Host Network

2. Windows Processes: Service Host

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Processes: Service Host: Hello, I have noticed suspicious activity on my computer and I was wanting to know if there was a Service Host that allows people from the Microsoft Corporation to sign in to peoples computers. If this is so, may I ask what the Service Host is? Thanks!...
  3. Over use of internet bandwidth.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Over use of internet bandwidth.: My windows 10 PC has started using a lot of upload internet bandwidth. Is this being caused by backup having been turned on in a recent update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/over-use-of-internet-bandwidth/95898d15-64c6-48cd-a227-99aae2a7df33
  4. Service Host Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Service Host Updates: *Mad Is anyone else getting a ridiculous number of Service Host Updates? I'm talking about minimum 15 minutes to a full hour, every stinking day, and it's completely locking me off the net! My Disk usage is clocking between 97 and 100% during these Service Host floods, and...
  5. "Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service" using almost 50% of CPU

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service" using almost 50% of CPU: Hello, Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service using almost 50% of CPU according to task manager. Wouldn't really care if it didn't seem to lock up my desk top for minutes at just the wrong time. Can I, or better yet, should I turn this off? New to forum, hope this...
  6. Service Host: Local Service (Network Restricted) High CPU usage?

Service Host: Local Service (Network Restricted) High CPU usage?: My PC has Intel and Realtek, and the two have carved out separate responsibilities in terms of audio inputs and outputs. In your case, NVidia seems to be 'benched'. There was an NVidia update March 27th. Since gaming is primary, perhaps see if there is a VIA update from...
  7. service host windows 10

service host windows 10: Hi all slow computer windows 10. it know what it is windows update service host and the one using the most CPU I go in there and disable it then press stop, green band comes across. ....now the computer is faster.... turn it off come back later and its slow again update is...
  8. svchost Service Host: Local Service (No Network) - CPU (10-15%) usage

in Windows 10 Support
    svchost Service Host: Local Service (No Network) - CPU (10-15%) usage: Hi guys,I just can't figure out why is this module using my CPU continuously (10%-15% usage).I've attached a screenshot and the ETL file for you to analyze this.You can download the ETL file from here. (Google Drive link)My PC specs:OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bitCPU: Intel Core i7...
  9. Windows 10 Service Host: Local Service (Network Restricted)

Windows 10 Service Host: Local Service (Network Restricted): Hello forum, Hello guys I've had this issue that has really been getting on my nerves for the past couple of weeks now ever since upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7. For some odd reason at random times this Service Host: Local Service (Network Restricted) (6) will...
  10. Background Intelligent Transfer Service using max bandwidth

in Windows 10 Support
    Background Intelligent Transfer Service using max bandwidth: Hi. I have noticed that the BITS process is using maximum bandwitdh regardless of what I'm doing in my PC. It is my understanding (after doing some research online) that this process is in charge of downloading updates for Windows in the background and it is supposed to be...