Windows 10: Service Host: Network Service - Continuosly using bandwidth for over a month

Discus and support Service Host: Network Service - Continuosly using bandwidth for over a month in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Service Host: Network Service has been using bandwidth for well over a month at this point, its currently limited to 0.5Mbps, as i managed to limit its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nerfix, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Nerfix Win User

Service Host: Network Service - Continuosly using bandwidth for over a month

Service Host: Network Service has been using bandwidth for well over a month at this point, its currently limited to 0.5Mbps, as i managed to limit its usage by turning background down loads down to 5%, if i undo this it increases how much it uses.

at 0.5Mbps it doesn't really impact anything as its hard to low, regardless of how bad my net is. However I don't see how is could actually be downloading still over this amount of time, when i first noticed it i left it going all day trying to get whatever the update was out of the way but it never stopped.

If i manually check for updates, its up to date. According to the activity monitor I've downloaded 30GB of date from the start of this month (16 days at this point)

I have zero idea how to check to see what is downloading/uploading or anything like that, i simply know it is doing something.

I also have all p2p stuff turned off and it hasn't used any data for that reason as that is also limited to 5GB and still have 5GB left.

So does anyone have an idea of what windows is trying to do?

:)

Nerfix, Mar 16, 2019

2. Windows 10, new computer, Service Host: Local System uses all household bandwidth for minutes at a time

Hi

I just purchased a new computer. It sits on a 1.5 MBPS DSL line, unfortunately. Every so often, the Service Host: Local System uses the entire bandwidth of the household for minutes at a time (10-45 minutes). As BulldogXX pointed out, Service Host is
    a shell. When I expand it, the resource monitor does not indicate what sub-process is using the bandwidth. Is there a way to determine the offending sub-process? Is there a way to throttle the bandwidth Service Host uses to enable the network to be used
    for other things? Or is there a way to suspect Service Host until a more convenient time? OR is there a way to schedule it to run at a more convenient time?

Any suggestions are appreciated,

Patrick

PatrickBaumann22, Mar 16, 2019
  3. pm89 Win User
    Windows 10 "Service Host: Local Service (No Network)" drains CPU constantly

I've had this problem for at least several months.
    I noticed a lot of threads without a happy ending:

1. High CPU Usage from "Service Host: Local Service [...]
    2. Service Host: Local Service (No Network) (3) and Service Host: Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) causing High CPU
    3. svchost.exe Service Host: Local Service (No Network) - Permanent CPU usage
    4. service host: Local Service (No Network) (5) taking up all my CPU resources (i5-4690k)

And I did try all the suggestions made in these threads including:

1. Updating the windows to the latest version
    2. Troubleshoot network, update, etc
    3. killing all other software, changing MSISUPPORTED of my SSD disk in regedit etc.

One thing I noticed is that the problem disappears in safemode.

4. moza1961 Win User

Service Host Local Service (No Network)

I have been struggling trying to addrss an issue with my tablet that several days ago started to become unresponsive and slow. I am running Windows 10 Home that was upgraded from 8.1 a few months back.

In task manager the number one resource using between 30-50%processor is "Service Host: Local Service (No Network) (4)". Under this are four services:

1. Widows Firewall

2. Diagnostic Policy Service

3. CoreMessaging

4. Base Filtering Engine

I have done searches and run SFC and
    dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    and

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    but the problem persists. I REALLY don't want to reimage this thing so any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Rick

moza1961, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Service Host: Network Service - Continuosly using bandwidth for over a month - Similar Threads - Service Host Network

2. Service Host: Network Service using too much bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Network Service using too much bandwidth: Just got my new computer with Windows 11, and noticed that the internet was weirdly slow. Task manager says 'Service Host: Network Service' was using 30% of my internet. I limited it through Delivery Optimization, and while the percentage has gone down, the amount it is using...
  3. Service Host: Network Service using too much bandwidth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host: Network Service using too much bandwidth: Just got my new computer with Windows 11, and noticed that the internet was weirdly slow. Task manager says 'Service Host: Network Service' was using 30% of my internet. I limited it through Delivery Optimization, and while the percentage has gone down, the amount it is using...
  4. Service Host Network Service uses up all my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host Network Service uses up all my bandwidth: I've seen multiple threads about this issue but none have been as bad as mine so far and I can't seem to find a solution that works, I've tried everything that has been recommended to no avail. My service host has been running constantly for the last 5 months or so, using a...
  5. Service Host Network Service uses up all my bandwidth

Service Host Network Service uses up all my bandwidth: I've seen multiple threads about this issue but none have been as bad as mine so far and I can't seem to find a solution that works, I've tried everything that has been recommended to no avail. My service host has been running constantly for the last 5 months or so, using a...
  6. Service Host: Network Service - Continuosly using bandwidth - FIX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Network Service - Continuosly using bandwidth - FIX: So I had a lot of issues with this. But scanning the PC and turn of stuff in the system isn't the solution. My fix was to turn off App updates in both Microsoft Store and in the Xbox app. That suddenly took the 18mb/s network usage to 0.1mb/s. So the issue for me was the auto...
  7. Service Host: Network Service - Continuosly using bandwidth - FIX

Service Host: Network Service - Continuosly using bandwidth - FIX: So I had a lot of issues with this. But scanning the PC and turn of stuff in the system isn't the solution. My fix was to turn off App updates in both Microsoft Store and in the Xbox app. That suddenly took the 18mb/s network usage to 0.1mb/s. So the issue for me was the auto...
  8. Service Host: Network Service - Continuosly using bandwidth - FIX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Service host: Network Service using high bandwidth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service host: Network Service using high bandwidth: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lokendrayadav [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iqkw85/service_host_network_service_using_high_bandwidth/
  10. Service host using too much bandwidth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service host using too much bandwidth: Hello, Recently my pc has started using anywhere from 0.5 mbps to 1.0 mbps on “Service Host: Network Service”. To many people this wouldn’t be an issue but that is a lot of usage for my internet as I am lucky to get a total of 3 mbps. This hasn’t been an issue until recently...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. service host network service

2. service host: network service

3. service host:network service

4. what is service host network service,
  5. service host network service using network,
  6. service host network service using internet,
  7. windows 10 service host network service,
  8. service host network service high cpu,
  9. service host : network service,
  10. host network service,
  11. network service using bandwidth,