Windows 10: Service host processes using high RAM

Discus and support Service host processes using high RAM in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've had my pc for about 3 months now and since a month it keeps on crashing. When the pc is in idle without any programs open it will use 50-70... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Finn3139, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Finn3139 Win User

Service host processes using high RAM

Hi,

I've had my pc for about 3 months now and since a month it keeps on crashing. When the pc is in idle without any programs open it will use 50-70 percent of my RAM. There are a lot of 50-100 mb service hosts running. As shown in the pictures below.

Service host processes using high RAM e921a73f-922e-41f1-adfd-ba8540734e63?upload=true.png Service host processes using high RAM d3bc8596-4745-4e92-a54f-88c9ca8d2881?upload=true.png

The specs are:

CPU: ryzen 5 3600

Motherboard: MSI B450 gaming plus max

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super Ventus XS OC

PSU: 550W

RAM: Corsair DDR4 Vengeaence LPX 2x8 GB 3200 C16

SSD: Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Windows 10 64 bit education

As shown in the pictures there are lots of service host processes running. I disabled some services and changed settings I found on other forums and video's but it still isn't fixed. When I restart the pc it is okay around 20 percent usage but around an hour in its up to 50 percent again without any programs opened. When I do open games or other programs it goes up to 80 percent or even higher until the pc crashes.

Could anybody help me fix this problem?

Kind regards,

Finn

:)

Finn3139, Mar 27, 2020
  2. REXRICH Win User

Host process for windows services high, CPU, Ram, Disc and Network Usage

Host process for windows services high, CPU, Ram, Disc, Network Usage (and or) ..

See a lot of people having these problems with Windows 7 through 10. Seems when they get on the web and ask the skilled they get all sorts of technical procedures to find and then fix the issues. Over many years I usually continue to read on to find as with
    most Windows user problems, the technical ways aren't the solving their problems. The problem 90% of the time is simple and if the simple way don't work, really its pretty easy to just clean install your OS.

Host process for windows services high, CPU, Ram, Disc and Network Usage..

Completely Uninstall JAVA.. Problem Solved.

What should I do next? Don't ask me I'm not a tech!

;D

REXRICH, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Rehok Win User
    Service Host Process High CPUI

So as the title suggests. I currently see 3 bundles of processes that start with Service Host and they are all sitting around 15%-30%(sometimes has hit 40%) CPU all the time. so i can really feel that my PC is running slow, Anyone else having this? are
    there any fixes i can do?

see here: http://i.imgur.com/UT6brW2.png?1

3rd one went down a bit when taking screenshot but its claled "Service Host: Local Service (No Network) (5)

Rehok, Mar 27, 2020
  4. VnC1 Win User

Windows update and Service host process

Hi.

Can anyone tell me:

• Why is the process 'Service host: Network Service, Delivery Optimization' running constantly 24/7, hogging 30% of processing power and how do I stop it?

And

• Is this somehow linked to the fact that neither windows 10 update or its trouble shooter appear to be working? windows 10 appears to be permanently checking for updates.

I'm Running a brand new HP laptop, i5 processor and 8Gb Ram with windows 10 64bit (1903). This has only started happening in the last week or so

Thanks

Wurze

Thema:

1. Service host processes using high RAM - Similar Threads - Service host processes

2. High data usage of 'host process for windows services'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High data usage of 'host process for windows services': Recently i bought a new acer aspire laptop. For the first week it was ok but after that the data usage was abnormal i am on limited mobile data. I thought it would stop after some days but its not. My whole 2gb data is getting over in a minute. The windows data usage shows...
  3. High data usage of 'host process for windows services'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High data usage of 'host process for windows services': Recently i bought a new acer aspire laptop. For the first week it was ok but after that the data usage was abnormal i am on limited mobile data. I thought it would stop after some days but its not. My whole 2gb data is getting over in a minute. The windows data usage shows...
  4. Service Host: Local Service Network Restricted HIGH RAM USAGE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Local Service Network Restricted HIGH RAM USAGE: Hello, I have several virtual machine on a VMware environment which have the same problem: the process Service Host: Local Service Network Restricted takes up a lot of RAM memory es: almost 2GB on a total of 4GB of memory!!!The services on this process...
  5. Service host: Network Service using high bandwidth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service host: Network Service using high bandwidth: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lokendrayadav [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iqkw85/service_host_network_service_using_high_bandwidth/
  6. High RAM and disk usage by service host and antimalware service executable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High RAM and disk usage by service host and antimalware service executable: My laptop's RAM and disk usage is very high due to service host and other suspicious activity and there are 140+ processes active, however there are no applications running why so?[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. High ram usage due to service hosts

High ram usage due to service hosts: I am using a HP laptop with a 4 GB of ram installed in it After the April update there are many many SERVICE HOSTS running that significantly reduce the performance of my pc and can use upto 85-90% of RAM due to which other applications don't work properly and after a usage...
  8. High ram usage by the program Service host:

High ram usage by the program Service host:: Okay so, Specs: Rx 580 Ryzen 2400g Vega 11 graphics 8GB ram Alright so I'll be honest here yesterday as of 2/19/2020 somewhere in 3:00 to 4:00 pm I noticed my ram was getting eating up Noticed via task So i did some housekeeping in my pc thinking it was a dataleak or...
  9. service host using high amount of ram

service host using high amount of ram: The ram keeps increases after turning on the computer untill the computer finally shuts down.most of the ram is used my services hosts.please give me a solution. [ATTACH]...
  10. Host process for windows services high, CPU, Ram, Disc and Network Usage

Host process for windows services high, CPU, Ram, Disc and Network Usage: Host process for windows services high, CPU, Ram, Disc, Network Usage (and or) .. See a lot of people having these problems with Windows 7 through 10. Seems when they get on the web and ask the skilled they get all sorts of technical procedures to find and then fix the...