Windows 10: Service Host: Server service is consuming more than 5G memory in Windows 10

Discus and support Service Host: Server service is consuming more than 5G memory in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; "Service Host: Server" service gradually consumes around 5G memory in Windows 10. I have 8GB RAM installed but due to this service my laptop functions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by yash_m, Jul 18, 2020.

1. yash_m Win User

Service Host: Server service is consuming more than 5G memory in Windows 10

"Service Host: Server" service gradually consumes around 5G memory in Windows 10. I have 8GB RAM installed but due to this service my laptop functions slowly. Could anyone please assist in fixing this issue?

:)

yash_m, Jul 18, 2020
  2. Cybot Win User

Service Host: Local Service consuming all availible physical memory at login

I have a laptop with 8.0 Gb of memory, but I have noticed after login while the desktop is loading up all the way the SVCHOST.exe entry for Local Service consumes almost all my memory available, growing to 4Gb in size. but after everything settles down,
    and everything is loaded up (startup programs, etc.) the size used by the process shrinks down to around 11.0 Mb. I have watched it during this activity and 7.9 Gb gets consumed in total before it starts to settle down. normal amount of memory consumed by
    the system (at idle on the desktop) is around 3.2 Gb with 4.6Gb available. Is it normal for so much memory to be consumed after logging into windows?

Processes controlled by Service Host: Local Service

COM+ Event System

Connected Device Platform

Diagnostic Service Host

Function Discovery Provider Host

Network List Service

Network Store Interface Service

Windows Font Cache Service

Windows License Manager Service

WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service

Cybot, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Service Host memory leak?

Yes, close Opera. That is your main 'consumer of memory'. At 46 processes (tabs?) and 1.3GB or RAM it uses more memory than all the other process put together. You Service Host processes are innocent bystanders.

4. royroy Win User

Service Host memory leak?

are you serious?

Service Host: Server service is consuming more than 5G memory in Windows 10 [​IMG]

did you even read my post?
    edit- i can't believe you are a senior member here... i guess i better look for help elsewhere

royroy, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Service Host: Server service is consuming more than 5G memory in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Service Host Server

2. Service Host: Network Service is consuming lots of data.How to stop it permanently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Network Service is consuming lots of data.How to stop it permanently.: i've checked that my pc is not doing any updates , i did do a disc clean up and restarted my pc afterwards yet the service host keeps popping up and keeps consuming all my bandwith. What other options are left ?...
  3. Service Host: Network service consuming HUGE amounts of data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Network service consuming HUGE amounts of data: Service Host: Network service is hogging all of my bandwidth. I have tried every suggestion I could find on google, to no avail. All of my updates are off and bandwidth limited. Windows 10 is up to dateConnection set to metered.Background Intelligent Transfer is...
  4. Service Host: Network service consuming HUGE amounts of data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host: Network service consuming HUGE amounts of data: Service Host: Network service is hogging all of my bandwidth. I have tried every suggestion I could find on google, to no avail. All of my updates are off and bandwidth limited. Windows 10 is up to dateConnection set to metered.Background Intelligent Transfer is...
  5. Service Host: Network service consuming HUGE amounts of data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. service host is consuming a lot of data.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    service host is consuming a lot of data.: Service host is consuming a lot of data while updating windows and otherwise also. is service host is necessary for updating the windows or we can end it without any problem?...
  7. What is Service Host: Server?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is Service Host: Server?: Hi all, My new company requires us all to use Citrix Workspace for office related work. Ever since I've installed this software, I've noticed that my machine is super laggy. Even when I log off of Citrix Workspace and exit the application, I notice it is super slow. I...
  8. Service Host Memory Leak Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Service Host Memory Leak Windows 10: Hi, Recently my RAM has been getting used up by the 50 or so service host processes. I can see the processes slowly increase their memory usage over time. This is my task manger soon after startup, and then 40 minutes later, without running any applications. [img] [img]...
  9. Service Host memory leak?

Service Host memory leak?: Hi, I'm new to win 10 and it is a grand adventure I have to say. Today I figured why my computer has been shutting down/lagging. The processes under Service Host (all of them) consume ungodly amount of ram, and they increase usage over time. The PC can idle and this will...
  10. Antimalware Service Executable using more memory than usual

Antimalware Service Executable using more memory than usual: The status quo for me is for WD to be using in the range of 50 to 80 megabytes of memory, but right now it is using 115 megabytes of memory. Yeah it varies a lot. If Windows is doing some background maintenance, WD can use a lot of RAM. Same goes for Windows Apps updates...