Windows 10: Service Host: "Server" - using 50% of CPU all the time

Discus and support Service Host: "Server" - using 50% of CPU all the time in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi All Wondering if anyone else has had this problem where Service Host: Server using around 50% of CPU all the time. Really starting to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hellocatdog19, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Service Host: "Server" - using 50% of CPU all the time

Service Host: "Server" - using 50% of CPU all the time 1Cro_rGEGF0R3h0SkgI8xMCd_YGoUwOpf4bUyQEeBhE.jpg

Hi All

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem where Service Host: Server using around 50% of CPU all the time. Really starting to bug me now as making mouse cursor jitter now and then when running other programs/games and CPU load stays at 100%.

I looked at the service "server" and it shows service name as LanmanServer. I tried stopping the service and CPU goes back to normal, but the service keeps restarting even when i set to startup type Disabled, as changes to automatic after some time.

https://preview.redd.it/idi81ngxvgo...bp&s=5d5aea1c20752999974012bc28ac688aa6fb6a22

https://preview.redd.it/albqba5zvgo...bp&s=03a6e426453cadf2a81e156edf93821690fb8a89

I have a mapped drive to a NAS but this still works after stopping the service. Not sure if this is related just going by the service description?

Have scanned my PC using Malware bytes and it did not pickup anything,

Cheers

submitted by /u/hellocatdog19
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hellocatdog19, Sep 21, 2020
  2. Rakhul Win User

High CPU Usage by Service Host

After windows update, two processes, Service Host: Local network and Service Host: Internet Connection Sharing, triggers high CPU usage which sometimes jumps to 50 or more percent. Any solution for this?

Rakhul, Sep 21, 2020
  3. #Leonardo Win User
    Service Host "Windows Time" hogging CPU

Thanks. As I stated the service host is Windows Time.

#Leonardo, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Captmatt Win User

Service Host: "Server" - using 50% of CPU all the time

"Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service" using almost 50% of CPU

Hello,
    Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service using almost 50% of CPU according to task manager. Wouldn't really care if it didn't seem to lock up my desk top for minutes at just the wrong time. Can I, or better yet, should I turn this off? New to forum, hope this appropriate place for question.
    Thanks

Captmatt, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Service Host: "Server" - using 50% of CPU all the time

1. Service Host: "Server" - using 50% of CPU all the time - Similar Threads - Service Host Server

2. WinGet COM Server using 50% of my cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinGet COM Server using 50% of my cpu: Today, i heard my fans went fast as hell. Then when i went to taskbar, i saw "Winget COM Servers" using 50-98% of my cpu. Then. I tried doing solutions but none worked.. pls help....
  3. WinGet COM Server using 50% of my cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinGet COM Server using 50% of my cpu: Today, i heard my fans went fast as hell. Then when i went to taskbar, i saw "Winget COM Servers" using 50-98% of my cpu. Then. I tried doing solutions but none worked.. pls help....
  4. Shell Infrastructure Host using ~50% of CPU in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shell Infrastructure Host using ~50% of CPU in Windows 10: For over a day now, the Shell Infrastructure Host service is using around 50% of my CPU - causing the fan on my laptop to run constantly. I am running Windows 10 Professional on a Thinkpad T460P with an Intel i5-6440 CPU, 16 GB of RAM and a Samsung 1 TB SSD. I have confirmed...
  5. Shell Infrastructure Host using ~50% of CPU in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shell Infrastructure Host using ~50% of CPU in Windows 10: For over a day now, the Shell Infrastructure Host service is using around 50% of my CPU - causing the fan on my laptop to run constantly. I am running Windows 10 Professional on a Thinkpad T460P with an Intel i5-6440 CPU, 16 GB of RAM and a Samsung 1 TB SSD. I have confirmed...
  6. Service host : Server using lots of CPU and RAM

Service host : Server using lots of CPU and RAM: Hi, Today I found out that the RAM and CPU of my laptop are being overutilized. Service host is using a lot of resources. Steps followed till now: 1 Ran DISM restore health. 2 Disabled some startup programs and updated drivers. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  7. Host Process for Windows Service using Microphone all the time....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Host Process for Windows Service using Microphone all the time....: Hello, I have been having troubles with my Bluetooth headphones playing regular audio when selected stereo function vs. AG- Hands free. And I narrowed down the issue to being that a process is constantly using the microphone and so the audio is not out-putting. I figure...
  8. Service Host "Windows Time" hogging CPU

Service Host "Windows Time" hogging CPU: Today I had a system that has been observed running the Windows Time service host at 56% CPU. I couldn't find a lot of literature on the topic and I couldn't resolve. I took a break and the service was back to 0. Someone else is also having the issue. What can cause this and...
  9. Why service host DCOM is using more than 50 % CPU????

Why service host DCOM is using more than 50 % CPU????: It's hanging my laptop, once its started it takes more time release the CPU usage. Is there any fix for this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/why-service-host-dcom-is-using-more-than-50-cpu/da65e35a-5f1e-4f5d-9f70-f7c81aaf44b6
  10. "Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service" using almost 50% of CPU

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service" using almost 50% of CPU: Hello, Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service using almost 50% of CPU according to task manager. Wouldn't really care if it didn't seem to lock up my desk top for minutes at just the wrong time. Can I, or better yet, should I turn this off? New to forum, hope this...