Windows 10: Service host : Server using lots of CPU and RAM

Discus and support Service host : Server using lots of CPU and RAM in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Today I found out that the RAM and CPU of my laptop are being overutilized. Service host is using a lot of resources. Steps followed till now:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kartikpeddinti, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Service host : Server using lots of CPU and RAM

Hi,

Today I found out that the RAM and CPU of my laptop are being overutilized. Service host is using a lot of resources.

Steps followed till now:

1 Ran DISM restore health.
    2 Disabled some startup programs and updated drivers.
    Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Service host : Server using lots of CPU and RAM 09701f8b-9d77-4921-829f-991b686da4aa?upload=true.png

:)

kartikpeddinti, Nov 5, 2020

2. High CPU usage: Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher

So for quite a while now, I have been having issues with my pc.
    After using it for a couple of hours (playing games, browsing the internet, using it for university work, etc.) its performance is noticably lower than just after startup. Task Manager tells me that

svchost.exe Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher

is using about 25% of my CPU and 30% of my RAM. This seems incredibly high to me. Restarts solve the issue but I would rather not have to of course.
    I've googled the problem already, but a lot of forum posts are from people using Windows 7 or are unsolved.
    Standard Microsoft procedure has you using RAM checkers and all that. I did that, and the results were that my RAM is fine.
    It is also not Windows update sharing as some suggest as I have that turned off.
    I'm really hoping someone can help me here.

woofwoofus, Nov 5, 2020
  3. REXRICH Win User
    Host process for windows services high, CPU, Ram, Disc and Network Usage

Host process for windows services high, CPU, Ram, Disc, Network Usage (and or) ..

See a lot of people having these problems with Windows 7 through 10. Seems when they get on the web and ask the skilled they get all sorts of technical procedures to find and then fix the issues. Over many years I usually continue to read on to find as with
    most Windows user problems, the technical ways aren't the solving their problems. The problem 90% of the time is simple and if the simple way don't work, really its pretty easy to just clean install your OS.

Host process for windows services high, CPU, Ram, Disc and Network Usage..

Completely Uninstall JAVA.. Problem Solved.

What should I do next? Don't ask me I'm not a tech!

;D

REXRICH, Nov 5, 2020
  4. pm89 Win User

Service host : Server using lots of CPU and RAM

Windows 10 "Service Host: Local Service (No Network)" drains CPU constantly

I've had this problem for at least several months.
    I noticed a lot of threads without a happy ending:

1. High CPU Usage from "Service Host: Local Service [...]
    2. Service Host: Local Service (No Network) (3) and Service Host: Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) causing High CPU
    3. svchost.exe Service Host: Local Service (No Network) - Permanent CPU usage
    4. service host: Local Service (No Network) (5) taking up all my CPU resources (i5-4690k)

And I did try all the suggestions made in these threads including:

1. Updating the windows to the latest version
    2. Troubleshoot network, update, etc
    3. killing all other software, changing MSISUPPORTED of my SSD disk in regedit etc.

One thing I noticed is that the problem disappears in safemode.

pm89, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Service host : Server using lots of CPU and RAM

1. Service host : Server using lots of CPU and RAM - Similar Threads - Service host Server

2. XTU Service using a lot of RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    XTU Service using a lot of RAM: So sometimes the xtu service in task manager uses more than 1.7gb of ram, usually it will only use a couple hundred megabytes. Why does this happen? If I end the task to free up ram, will it affect CPU performance? submitted by /u/Ok_Ride6186 [link] [comments]...
  3. Service Host: Diagnostic Policy using a lot of CPU and Disk usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Host: Diagnostic Policy using a lot of CPU and Disk usage: As you can guess from the title, I've been having lots of issues with this specific service. It's been using disk a lot and some CPU as well, nothing to overheat my computer but it often ends up consuming CPU that I need as well. Typically it uses something around 10%-20% of...
  4. Service Host: Diagnostic Policy using a lot of CPU and Disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Diagnostic Policy using a lot of CPU and Disk usage: As you can guess from the title, I've been having lots of issues with this specific service. It's been using disk a lot and some CPU as well, nothing to overheat my computer but it often ends up consuming CPU that I need as well. Typically it uses something around 10%-20% of...
  5. Service Host: Diagnostic Policy using a lot of CPU and Disk usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Antimalware service executable using lots of ram

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware service executable using lots of ram: So this has been happening for weeks now. Antimalware service executable keeps using so much ram. I do know that it is a windows defender process but I do not think that it uses this much ram. It keeps using 400-500 MB RAM all the time. I've tried all the other fixes like...
  7. Service Host: "Server" - using 50% of CPU all the time

Service Host: "Server" - using 50% of CPU all the time: [ATTACH] Hi All Wondering if anyone else has had this problem where Service Host: Server using around 50% of CPU all the time. Really starting to bug me now as making mouse cursor jitter now and then when running other programs/games and CPU load stays at 100%. I looked...
  8. service host: windows push notification user service using a lot of ram. Please help

service host: windows push notification user service using a lot of ram. Please help: I posted this a couple days ago but no one responded so im reposting cause it really is killing my computer: Hello, I recently updated my computer and redownloaded windows 10. service host: windows push notification user service is using 6.5gbs of ram no matter what I do....
  9. service host: windows push notification user service using a lot of ram (6.5gbs)

service host: windows push notification user service using a lot of ram (6.5gbs): Hello, I recently updated my computer and redownloaded windows 10. service host: windows push notification user service is using 6.5gbs of ram no matter what I do. I've tried disabling push notifications and restarting, ive tried disabling it in services (which says "this...
  10. WMI Provider Host using lots of CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WMI Provider Host using lots of CPU: Hi, I am using a less than 2 month old Lenovo V110 laptop that is running an AMD A9-9410 Radeon R5 processor, and I have been having problems with a loud fan, and overheating. I checked the task manager, and found out that the WMI Provider Host is using large amounts of CPU...