Windows 10: Service host taking too much ram

Discus and support Service host taking too much ram in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How do I fix this as I barely have 3-4 GB ram left out of 8GB [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SaharshSaxena, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Service host taking too much ram

How do I fix this as I barely have 3-4 GB ram left out of 8GB Service host taking too much ram e2fb4b59-c6be-4741-a55a-e0b37ebc769d?upload=true.png

:)

SaharshSaxena, Apr 5, 2020

2. Service Host Applications are taking up every bit of my RAM

I have 16GB of memory installed in my system and there are an ungodly amount of Service Host Applications that appear in task manager that are taking up almost constantly 95% of my RAM. I get that it is a feature in newer Windows 10, but I would like to
    be able to play a game without it freezing every 4 seconds because I am out of RAM.

AdrastosCrius, Apr 5, 2020
  3. High usage of ram in my asus rog strix g laptop......the laptop is in idle mode but service hosts are taking up full 8gb of ram..

High usage of ram in my asus rog strix g laptop......the laptop is in idle mode but service hosts are taking up full 8gb of ram....changed os several times...bt issue is not fixed...updated all the drivers, still there is no hope.. Currently i'm using
    windows 10 pro 1909 version...help me to fix the high usage of ram taking up by the service host...

PritamRoy1, Apr 5, 2020
  4. NHKomaiha Win User

Service host taking too much ram

High RAM usage (up to 96% !) "Service Host" and "System"

i have installed Windows 10 Pro, it was working normally, but idk how it changed suddenly and became taking RAM highly

main RAM takers:

Service Host: Local System

Service Host: Local Service

System

when i close any (except System) RAM gets empty fast (from +90% to ~20%)

and when System takes RAM highly, i cant do anything, i immediately restart pc

these processes keep taking RAM ascending

1. i tried to run:

sfc /scannow

it found errors but cant fix and here is the
    LOG
    file

Service host taking too much ram e0880c5d-3903-4a98-95bd-8b94e1b50326.png

2. cleen boot didnt change anything (turn off all non-microsoft services)

NHKomaiha, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Service host taking too much ram

1. Service host taking too much ram - Similar Threads - Service host taking

2. Why my Service Host: Network Service is taking too much of internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my Service Host: Network Service is taking too much of internet: I connected my laptop from my phones hotspot then after that just within mins my internet was exhausted.Kindly help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-service-host-network-service-is-taking-too/954f652d-3649-450d-9070-0a4687d83467
  3. Why my Service Host: Network Service is taking too much of internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my Service Host: Network Service is taking too much of internet: I connected my laptop from my phones hotspot then after that just within mins my internet was exhausted.Kindly help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-service-host-network-service-is-taking-too/954f652d-3649-450d-9070-0a4687d83467
  4. Service host : Storage services taking too much CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service host : Storage services taking too much CPU: One day I was playing Assetto Corsa casually with my friends. Suddenly my fps went down to 4 from 62. I checked task manager and found out that this process is taking 61 % of my cpu, 345 to 500 MBs of my ram and power usage at Very High. Can anyone help ?My SSD drivers are up...
  5. Service host : Storage services taking too much CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service host : Storage services taking too much CPU: One day I was playing Assetto Corsa casually with my friends. Suddenly my fps went down to 4 from 62. I checked task manager and found out that this process is taking 61 % of my cpu, 345 to 500 MBs of my ram and power usage at Very High. Can anyone help ?My SSD drivers are up...
  6. DWM.exe taking too much RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DWM.exe taking too much RAM: few days ago, i post "desktop windows manager taking too much RAM" and i fixed the problem by updating my drivers using support assist. few days later, today DWM.exe start to taking lots of RAM again. i dont know whats the problem, i updated all windows version, updated...
  7. Too much RAM taking up, for no reason.

Too much RAM taking up, for no reason.: Well Since a few days, my RAM has always been at 60% or more, even when I just start my computer, at the starting, only RAM always displays 60% or sometimes even more with no apps even being opened. I have a few apps installed only, which are the Basic apps Windows 10...
  8. Service Host open too much taking all my RAM

Service Host open too much taking all my RAM: My ram has been at super high usage and crashing other programs. After looking into task manager the main issue seems to be system host is open over 50 times taking an average of 100mbs.[ATTACH]...
  9. Service host using too much bandwidth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service host using too much bandwidth: Hello, Recently my pc has started using anywhere from 0.5 mbps to 1.0 mbps on “Service Host: Network Service”. To many people this wouldn’t be an issue but that is a lot of usage for my internet as I am lucky to get a total of 3 mbps. This hasn’t been an issue until recently...
  10. Windows Photos takes too much RAM !

Windows Photos takes too much RAM !: Hello ! I am having problem with Windows Photos. First when I open two images and minimize them, the RAM Usage starts to grow each 10 seconds. So for 10 minutes it goes from 200MB to 10GB and my PC Becomes unusable even when I have 64GB, untill I kill the process. This is...