Windows 10: Service Host taking up lots of memory

Discus and support Service Host taking up lots of memory in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am unsure what is wrong with my laptop however Service Host is taking up almost 40% of my memory without anything else other than chrome open and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JBJiggle, Feb 28, 2022.

1. JBJiggle Win User

Service Host taking up lots of memory

I am unsure what is wrong with my laptop however Service Host is taking up almost 40% of my memory without anything else other than chrome open and I am unsure why.Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Windows 11 Home

:)

JBJiggle, Feb 28, 2022
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Service Host: Local Service (No Network) (3) is consuming a lot of memory when Mobile Hotspot is on

Based on the screenshot, there are three services that are grouped to Service Host: Local Service (No Network). One of those services may be the reason why Service Host: Local Service (No Network) is taking up most of your memory usage. We recommend that
    you expand Service Host: Local Service (No Network) to see what are those services. If possible, kindly send us a screenshot of those services.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Feb 28, 2022
  3. Service Host: ____ taking up way to much memory

When i check task manager, i see a bunch of processes called "Service Host: " that are taking up my memory. They are using from 2 MB to 150 MB per service. When I restart my computer they calm down for a bit but the longer my computer is on, the more
    and more memory they start to take up. It gets to a point where when nothing is open on my computer, they take up 70-80% of my memory. I have 8 GB of RAM. This has been going on for about a week and I'm not sure what to do about it.

eshandhaliwal, Feb 28, 2022
  4. Service Host taking up lots of memory

Service Host: Local Service

The steps you gave do not work unfortunately. It is still taking up tons of memory. Antimalware Service Executable is also taking up a lot of memory. I'm almost completely certain I do not have any viruses as I have scanned my computer multiple times
    with different antivirus programs.

vortexman100, Feb 28, 2022
Thema:

Service Host taking up lots of memory

1. Service Host taking up lots of memory - Similar Threads - Service Host taking

2. Service Host takes all memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host takes all memory: Recently my pc is acting weird. I don't know what to do but what I know is that a service host is eating all my memory. Can someone help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-takes-all-memory/abce05cb-dbf0-44ed-a934-ac9469c045c8
  3. Service Host takes all memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host takes all memory: Recently my pc is acting weird. I don't know what to do but what I know is that a service host is eating all my memory. Can someone help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-takes-all-memory/abce05cb-dbf0-44ed-a934-ac9469c045c8
  4. Windows taking up lots of RAM or memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taking up lots of RAM or memory: Recently I've found my laptop to be using lots of memory when i don't even have anything open. It often goes to 100% CPU on start up. I have a pretty good laptop too Dell inspiron2n1 7306. I believe this has caused some other issues too. Any ideas? - ive tried most of the...
  5. Windows taking up lots of RAM or memory

Windows taking up lots of RAM or memory: Recently I've found my laptop to be using lots of memory when i don't even have anything open. It often goes to 100% CPU on start up. I have a pretty good laptop too Dell inspiron2n1 7306. I believe this has caused some other issues too. Any ideas? - ive tried most of the...
  6. Service Host taking up lots of memory

Service Host taking up lots of memory: I am unsure what is wrong with my laptop however Service Host is taking up almost 40% of my memory without anything else other than chrome open and I am unsure why.Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable System type 64-bit...
  7. Service Hosts Taking up so much memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Hosts Taking up so much memory: Its Been really bad lately with service hosts taking up an extreme amount of memory, resetting my computer does not help. If I leave my computer on for a certain amount of time, this happens[ATTACH]...
  8. Service host taking up my MEMORY OVERTIME.

Service host taking up my MEMORY OVERTIME.: When I start up my computer everything is fine. But within after over an hour, my service host keeps taking .1 MB while time passes by. I have to keep restarting my computer when it starts having issues because at that time I have 99% memory while I'm in a game. It gets...
  9. Service Host: ____ taking up way to much memory

Service Host: ____ taking up way to much memory: When i check task manager, i see a bunch of processes called "Service Host: " that are taking up my memory. They are using from 2 MB to 90 MB per service. When I restart my computer they calm down for a bit but the longer my computer is on, the more and more memory they...
  10. Service hosts taking up all the memory.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service hosts taking up all the memory.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/zeez_brah [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eg9bw3/service_hosts_taking_up_all_the_memory/