Windows 10: Service Host tasks are eating up all my memory.

Discus and support Service Host tasks are eating up all my memory. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I recently updated to Windows 10 version 1903 and now there are about a hundred different instances of service host that are all taking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SpyingSpice, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Service Host tasks are eating up all my memory.

Service Host tasks are eating up all my memory. VKdoJmphyU01HThkJAbmOPy32UTJ1wfCCQjlhVU3Arw.jpg

I recently updated to Windows 10 version 1903 and now there are about a hundred different instances of service host that are all taking small chunks of my 8gb memory. Individually, they're small, but together they're using about 95% at idle. It's crippling my ability to do work on my PC. How can I stop these tasks safely to regain memory?

https://preview.redd.it/9qjufdhiqxz...bp&s=eb8fa18f11fd470d24b3ad991159f71501483051

submitted by /u/SpyingSpice
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SpyingSpice, Nov 20, 2019
  2. Crakky Win User

Memory usage of Service Host: Local System keeps growing

My computer was very fine but today, something caused the memory to max out and made the game i was playing crash, then i was not able to start the game again. I checked the task manager and found out that Service Host: Local System is eating up 85%+ of
    the memory, and the memory it ate was still growing really quickly. Restarting didnt help at all.. it just resets the value then it starts growing again. is there any way it can be fixed?

Crakky, Nov 20, 2019
  3. SkyDuong Win User
    service host intrusion eating resources

REMOVE ALL UNNECESSARY USELESS service host processes, they are intrusive and eating resources. how fking dumb can u be microsoft? nobody wants those dumb XBOX ****, candycrush rubbish. holyshit windows 7 so much better but you chose to not provide further
    updates.

SkyDuong, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Service Host tasks are eating up all my memory.

High Memory Usage by "Service Host: Windows Notifications User Service_3c1f5"

For us to know if it's a faulty or outdated driver, can you send us a screenshot of associated file. Here are the steps:

• Type in Task Manager in the search bar
    • Right-click Service Host: Windows Push Notifications User Service_3c1f5
    • Click Properties and go to the General tab
    • Send us a screenshot of the Properties

We'll wait for your response.

Marilou Ser, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Service Host tasks are eating up all my memory.

1. Service Host tasks are eating up all my memory. - Similar Threads - Service Host tasks

2. Service Host: Inventory and Compatibility Appraisal Service is eating up all the available...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Inventory and Compatibility Appraisal Service is eating up all the available...: After updating my Windows11 a few days ago, the Service Host: Inventory and Compatibility Appraisal Service starts eating up all the available memory. It slowly uses more and more memory until it reaches 99% at which point browsers and other programs cannot function anymore...
  3. Service Host: Inventory and Compatibility Appraisal Service is eating up all the available...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host: Inventory and Compatibility Appraisal Service is eating up all the available...: After updating my Windows11 a few days ago, the Service Host: Inventory and Compatibility Appraisal Service starts eating up all the available memory. It slowly uses more and more memory until it reaches 99% at which point browsers and other programs cannot function anymore...
  4. Service host applications EATING memory.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Service host applications EATING memory.: [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]Why are these service host applications eating memory and HOW does this happen??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-applications-eating-memory/5d52274e-abe4-425f-9bdd-9e83bcb3d547
  5. Service Host eats 90% of my memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Host eats 90% of my memory: Hi, I am facing a serious problem that the service host processes take up most of my PC memory 16G. It all starts low, but would gradually increase as time passes, and in about 3 to 4 hours, it will take as much as 90% of the memory. This is definitely not reasonable. and...
  6. Service host eating my pc memory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service host eating my pc memory: Hi guys, I recently built my own PC. Generally it worked ok and was a huge improvement compared with my previous pc. However, I noticed that there are many service host processes in task manager. The processes don’t take up too much memory immediately after I turn on the PC,...
  7. Service Host processes eating my memory

Service Host processes eating my memory: Over the past week, applications, games and web pages keep crashing after about an hour or two after I start my computer. I checked task Manager and saw my memory usage was ridiculous high for what I was running. Something like 95% just for running Discord. There are at least...
  8. Service Host applications EATING up Memory

Service Host applications EATING up Memory: Hey, I have exactly the same problem with this person *, only his solution does not work for me. I tried a lot of other things and it just seems to get worse. It has now been 4-5 days since it has started. It seemed to start when I was connecting xbox with my computes to be...
  9. Service hosts taking up all the memory.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service hosts taking up all the memory.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/zeez_brah [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eg9bw3/service_hosts_taking_up_all_the_memory/
  10. Service Host applications EATING up Memory

Service Host applications EATING up Memory: When I start my computer I have a good 60+ service host applications running and after about an 1 or 2 of just having my computer on or playing on it in general all 60+ of those service host application are taking up all of my memory. I have a custom built pc with 24gbs of...