Windows 10: Service Host Updates

Discus and support Service Host Updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; *Mad Is anyone else getting a ridiculous number of Service Host Updates? I'm talking about minimum 15 minutes to a full hour, every stinking day, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dragonrook, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Service Host Updates

*Mad Is anyone else getting a ridiculous number of Service Host Updates? I'm talking about minimum 15 minutes to a full hour, every stinking day, and it's completely locking me off the net! My Disk usage is clocking between 97 and 100% during these Service Host floods, and it's gotten to the point I HATE to try and go online, God forbid I'm in a hurry! These do not come up as part of the normal updates, and the Task Manager shows them as Windows processes, so someone PLEASE, clue me in here. My eBay business has been decimated by this nonsense, it's been happening for over a month now, and I am not paying all this money for internet so I can wait an hour to go online! This is like 1990's dial-up all over again! Appreciate any info, and thanks for your time.

:)

dragonrook, Jun 29, 2016

2. ServiceHost UniStack Service Group - ???Services: 1122a6 & are they related to Update Failures?

Hi Momma Bear,

Svchost.exe is a generic host process name for services that run from dynamic-link libraries. The
    Unistack Service Group consists of at least 3-4 operating services:
    User Data Storage, User Data Access, Contact Data, and
    Sync Host.

When one service in a service host fails, all services in the service host fail. In other words, the service host process is terminated resulting in termination of all running services within that process. Individual service failure actions are then run.
    As you may have noticed in Task Manager before, service hosts can contain a lot of services.

Services are organized into logical groups that are all somewhat related, and then a single Service Host instance is created to host each group. For example, one Service Host process runs the three services related to the firewall. Another Service Host process
    might run all the services related to the user interface, and so on.

That being said, it is not bad having too many Service Host processes showing in the Task Manager. The number of
    Service Host process running in your Task Manager depends on the number of applications, programs, and services that are running or working on your computer.

Too many Service Host process running on your PC is not related to the Windows update installation failure. to isolate the issue with your Windows Update issue, we would like to ask the following:

• Have you encountered any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. After running the troubleshooter, try
    running the Windows Update again and install any available updates.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Jun 29, 2016
  3. Service Host: Network Service (5), Service Host: Local System (22), and WMI Provider Host uses 100% CPU after Windows 10 November Update

I am apprehensive to share log files.

Any other solutions?

AnkitSheth, Jun 29, 2016
Thema:

Service Host Updates

1. Service Host Updates - Similar Threads - Service Host Updates

2. service host: local service

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    service host: local service: My Lenovo laptop is running slowly because of Service host: local network. Is there any way of removing these to allow the laptop to run more quickly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-local-service/a2f5e3a9-ee7a-46c3-af1c-c1bf1b06cc12
  3. Service Host memory leak?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Service Host memory leak?: Hi, I'm new to win 10 and it is a grand adventure I have to say. Today I figured why my computer has been shutting down/lagging. The processes under Service Host (all of them) consume ungodly amount of ram, and they increase usage over time. The PC can idle and this will...
  4. service host >windows update- stuck on installing update Feature?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    service host >windows update- stuck on installing update Feature?: hi there, I troubleshooted in settings of Update & Security. Gladly it responded with prompting me to download/install 3 more updates which are: Feature update to win10 v1903, word2013, and cumulative for .NET x64. Apparently the last 2 installed instantly, however the...
  5. Service Host: Local System

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Service Host: Local System: will ending Service Host: Local System effect my pc or like turn it off or something bad will happen to my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-local-system/e0493e83-05a4-46a8-9b82-7b59c2960143
  6. Service Host: Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Host: Task Scheduler: Hello, I have a problem described on below Image with Service host: Tash Scheduler. I tried to End Task, and stop the service from services but did not work out, Now the windows is hanging must of the time. Could you please help me resolve this issue permanently....
  7. service host

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    service host: I have an issue with 'service host' taking up most of my disk space ,and my pc has been encountering issues ever since 'service host' has been showing up in my task manager in large numbers. What can i do about it ;to free up my disk space. My pc has also been crashing...
  8. Windows Processes: Service Host

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Processes: Service Host: Hello, I have noticed suspicious activity on my computer and I was wanting to know if there was a Service Host that allows people from the Microsoft Corporation to sign in to peoples computers. If this is so, may I ask what the Service Host is? Thanks!...
  9. Window 10 Service Host Superfetch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 Service Host Superfetch: I thought I had disabled superfetch in the past but after the last windows 10 update, it is appearing again as service host superfetch. When I disabled it thought it was just superfetch (w/o service host). When I click on properties, it is just showing svchost.exe. This...
  10. service host windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    service host windows 10: Hi all slow computer windows 10. it know what it is windows update service host and the one using the most CPU I go in there and disable it then press stop, green band comes across. ....now the computer is faster.... turn it off come back later and its slow again update is...