Windows 10: Service Host Updates

Discus and support Service Host Updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; *Mad Is anyone else getting a ridiculous number of Service Host Updates? I'm talking about minimum 15 minutes to a full hour, every stinking day, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dragonrook, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Service Host Updates

*Mad Is anyone else getting a ridiculous number of Service Host Updates? I'm talking about minimum 15 minutes to a full hour, every stinking day, and it's completely locking me off the net! My Disk usage is clocking between 97 and 100% during these Service Host floods, and it's gotten to the point I HATE to try and go online, God forbid I'm in a hurry! These do not come up as part of the normal updates, and the Task Manager shows them as Windows processes, so someone PLEASE, clue me in here. My eBay business has been decimated by this nonsense, it's been happening for over a month now, and I am not paying all this money for internet so I can wait an hour to go online! This is like 1990's dial-up all over again! Appreciate any info, and thanks for your time.

:)

dragonrook, Jun 29, 2016

2. ServiceHost UniStack Service Group - ???Services: 1122a6 & are they related to Update Failures?

Hi Momma Bear,

Svchost.exe is a generic host process name for services that run from dynamic-link libraries. The
    Unistack Service Group consists of at least 3-4 operating services:
    User Data Storage, User Data Access, Contact Data, and
    Sync Host.

When one service in a service host fails, all services in the service host fail. In other words, the service host process is terminated resulting in termination of all running services within that process. Individual service failure actions are then run.
    As you may have noticed in Task Manager before, service hosts can contain a lot of services.

Services are organized into logical groups that are all somewhat related, and then a single Service Host instance is created to host each group. For example, one Service Host process runs the three services related to the firewall. Another Service Host process
    might run all the services related to the user interface, and so on.

That being said, it is not bad having too many Service Host processes showing in the Task Manager. The number of
    Service Host process running in your Task Manager depends on the number of applications, programs, and services that are running or working on your computer.

Too many Service Host process running on your PC is not related to the Windows update installation failure. to isolate the issue with your Windows Update issue, we would like to ask the following:

• Have you encountered any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. After running the troubleshooter, try
    running the Windows Update again and install any available updates.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Jun 29, 2016
  3. Service Host: Network Service (5), Service Host: Local System (22), and WMI Provider Host uses 100% CPU after Windows 10 November Update

I am apprehensive to share log files.

Any other solutions?

AnkitSheth, Jun 29, 2016
Thema:

Service Host Updates

1. Service Host Updates - Similar Threads - Service Host Updates

2. Service Host Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host Windows Update: K So, I'm Not Exactly Sure What This Process Is For, But I Do Know That It Shouldn't Be Taking 10% CPU Right?I Don't Know What's Happening, Might Be A Virus Though I Tend To Be Very Secure. I'm Wondering If I Should Reset My PCFactory Reset.I Know This Is A Last Resort Type...
  3. Service Host Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host Windows Update: K So, I'm Not Exactly Sure What This Process Is For, But I Do Know That It Shouldn't Be Taking 10% CPU Right?I Don't Know What's Happening, Might Be A Virus Though I Tend To Be Very Secure. I'm Wondering If I Should Reset My PCFactory Reset.I Know This Is A Last Resort Type...
  4. Service Host: Network Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Network Service: Service Host: Network Service was using about 23 MB/s, so i used the delivery optimization and set it to .3 on both sides. The thing im bothered by is that it still bypasses that block randomly and causes inconsistent internet speeds, it manages to jump form 0 MB/s to 16 MB/s...
  5. Service Host: Network Service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Service Host: Network Service: Service Host: Network Service was using about 23 MB/s, so i used the delivery optimization and set it to .3 on both sides. The thing im bothered by is that it still bypasses that block randomly and causes inconsistent internet speeds, it manages to jump form 0 MB/s to 16 MB/s...
  6. Service Host Local Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host Local Service: I opened my task manager one day and now I have like a million "Service Host Local Service". Can you shed any insight on this? I attached a snap shot of my task manager and they processes shown are only a little bit. They go on and on and on. This seems extremely suspect....
  7. Service Host Local Service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Service Host Local Service: I opened my task manager one day and now I have like a million "Service Host Local Service". Can you shed any insight on this? I attached a snap shot of my task manager and they processes shown are only a little bit. They go on and on and on. This seems extremely suspect....
  8. Service Host

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Service Host: hi, I want to know that why service host Network services or other network services Consumes much Data ? What if i End task of them using Task Manager ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host/fb6970a1-fec3-490f-97de-2c7ab3f61d92
  9. Windows update and Service host process

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update and Service host process: Hi. Can anyone tell me: Why is the process 'Service host: Network Service, Delivery Optimization' running constantly 24/7, hogging 30% of processing power and how do I stop it? And Is this somehow linked to the fact that neither windows 10 update or its trouble...
  10. service host

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    service host: I have an issue with 'service host' taking up most of my disk space ,and my pc has been encountering issues ever since 'service host' has been showing up in my task manager in large numbers. What can i do about it ;to free up my disk space. My pc has also been crashing...