Windows 10: Service host using too much bandwidth

Discus and support Service host using too much bandwidth in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, Recently my pc has started using anywhere from 0.5 mbps to 1.0 mbps on “Service Host: Network Service”. To many people this wouldn’t be an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CJM377222, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Service host using too much bandwidth

Hello,

Recently my pc has started using anywhere from 0.5 mbps to 1.0 mbps on “Service Host: Network Service”. To many people this wouldn’t be an issue but that is a lot of usage for my internet as I am lucky to get a total of 3 mbps. This hasn’t been an issue until recently and I was hoping someone could help me.

submitted by /u/CJM377222
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CJM377222, Dec 14, 2019

2. Windows 10, new computer, Service Host: Local System uses all household bandwidth for minutes at a time

Hi

I just purchased a new computer. It sits on a 1.5 MBPS DSL line, unfortunately. Every so often, the Service Host: Local System uses the entire bandwidth of the household for minutes at a time (10-45 minutes). As BulldogXX pointed out, Service Host is
    a shell. When I expand it, the resource monitor does not indicate what sub-process is using the bandwidth. Is there a way to determine the offending sub-process? Is there a way to throttle the bandwidth Service Host uses to enable the network to be used
    for other things? Or is there a way to suspect Service Host until a more convenient time? OR is there a way to schedule it to run at a more convenient time?

Any suggestions are appreciated,

Patrick

PatrickBaumann22, Dec 14, 2019
  3. GianRyu Win User
    service host consumes all of my bandwidth

Hello,

My internet is running slow because the service host consumes all of my bandwidth. I have tried disabling background intelligent transfer service, I also tried to download and install feature update to windows 10 1703. The download
    was finished but the installation keeps on failing. Please help thank you.

GianRyu, Dec 14, 2019
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Service host using too much bandwidth

Windows 10, new computer, Service Host: Local System uses all household bandwidth for minutes at a time

Service Host doesn't use any bandwidth. As the name implies, it's merely a host for other services. Similarly, if your house guest takes long showers, you as the host are not to blame for the shortage of hot water.

You need to determine what services are being hosted and which one of those services is hogging bandwidth. Let's hope it isn't malware.

Also, to be honest, 1.5 MB/sec of bandwidth is going to make Windows (or MacOS) a frustrating experience. Were I in the same position I would prefer a tablet with Android or iOS. Those operating systems, and the apps they run, are optimized for low bandwidth
    applications.

BulldogXX, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Service host using too much bandwidth

1. Service host using too much bandwidth - Similar Threads - Service host using

2. Service Host: Network Service using too much bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Network Service using too much bandwidth: Just got my new computer with Windows 11, and noticed that the internet was weirdly slow. Task manager says 'Service Host: Network Service' was using 30% of my internet. I limited it through Delivery Optimization, and while the percentage has gone down, the amount it is using...
  3. Service Host: Network Service using too much bandwidth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host: Network Service using too much bandwidth: Just got my new computer with Windows 11, and noticed that the internet was weirdly slow. Task manager says 'Service Host: Network Service' was using 30% of my internet. I limited it through Delivery Optimization, and while the percentage has gone down, the amount it is using...
  4. Service Host: Network Service - Continuosly using bandwidth - FIX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Service Host: Network Service - Continuosly using bandwidth - FIX: So I had a lot of issues with this. But scanning the PC and turn of stuff in the system isn't the solution. My fix was to turn off App updates in both Microsoft Store and in the Xbox app. That suddenly took the 18mb/s network usage to 0.1mb/s. So the issue for me was the auto...
  5. Service host : Storage services taking too much CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service host : Storage services taking too much CPU: One day I was playing Assetto Corsa casually with my friends. Suddenly my fps went down to 4 from 62. I checked task manager and found out that this process is taking 61 % of my cpu, 345 to 500 MBs of my ram and power usage at Very High. Can anyone help ?My SSD drivers are up...
  6. Service host : Storage services taking too much CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service host : Storage services taking too much CPU: One day I was playing Assetto Corsa casually with my friends. Suddenly my fps went down to 4 from 62. I checked task manager and found out that this process is taking 61 % of my cpu, 345 to 500 MBs of my ram and power usage at Very High. Can anyone help ?My SSD drivers are up...
  7. Service host: Network Service using high bandwidth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service host: Network Service using high bandwidth: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lokendrayadav [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iqkw85/service_host_network_service_using_high_bandwidth/
  8. Service Host: Network Service using too much network bandwidth. I can't watch YouTube...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service Host: Network Service using too much network bandwidth. I can't watch YouTube...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DarshakC [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvogz9/service_host_network_service_using_too_much/
  9. Service host taking too much ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service host taking too much ram: How do I fix this as I barely have 3-4 GB ram left out of 8GB [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-taking-too-much-ram/aa6f3e12-641d-4daf-9bc3-43d47487d72a
  10. windows 10 using too much paid for bandwidth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 using too much paid for bandwidth: I just got this pc and it has windows 10 and is always running something in the background that is using all my costly wireless broadband. I had windows 7 before and never had this problem...please help. 60617

Users found this page by searching for:

1. service host: network service using high bandwidth