Windows 10: 'Service Host: Windows Camera Frame Server' turns on on its own

Discus and support 'Service Host: Windows Camera Frame Server' turns on on its own in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a 2017 Surface Pro, recently my computer has been making a sound like the ticking of a watch. When I check my task manager 'Service Host:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LauraStreib, Jun 18, 2020.

1. 'Service Host: Windows Camera Frame Server' turns on on its own

I have a 2017 Surface Pro, recently my computer has been making a sound like the ticking of a watch. When I check my task manager

'Service Host: Windows Camera Frame Server' is turned on, when I force quit this program the clicking stops. This happens when I haven't been using my camera or anything with video capture, so this program shouldn't be on. After I force quit the program, it often turns itself back on, sometimes immediately. One of my computers cameras also turned itself on recently, noticed by the red light, and I had to restart my computer to get it to turn off. The 'Service Host: Windows Camera Frame Server' takes up a significant chunk of my memory. This is a problem because I've been having trouble with programs crashing, even Google Chrome crashes saying I don't have enough memory. When this started happening I deleted unused files and programs, so I don't think I've actually run out of memory. What can I do to stop 'Service Host: Windows Camera Frame Server' from turning itself on?

:)

LauraStreib, Jun 18, 2020

2. Browser /connection security, hosts file and DNS service

You're saying that Open DNS(and other services like it) house their own list of known 'bad' sites, and by using their DNS servers, it will filter out sites based on that list?

Would you believe I was already using Open DNS servers.
    This means the hosts file is moot?

And furthering that, if there's any bespoke sites I want to manually add, I could do it through my router directly.

Thus I can empty my local hosts file and turn my DNS service back on?

newconroer, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

I will try changing their settings sometime, the one thing I've noticed about this guide is that it doesn't list the Windows services that NEED to be left as local system, so some people might not be too sure what they're doing and worry about any that aren't listed. Just a suggestion that you might want to include in any future revisions. *Smile 'Service Host: Windows Camera Frame Server' turns on on its own :)

The non-default ones I have that you have not listed are:

.Net Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86
    Ati HotKey Poller
    ATI Smart
    AVG E-mail Scanner
    AVG7 Alert Manager Server
    AVG7 Update Service
    BlueSoleil Hid Service
    Bluetooth Support Service
    ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard
    iPod Service
    Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service
    Service Layer
    Windows Defender Service

The problem is that the only ones of these I actually use are The AVG and Windows Defender services and occasionally the "Service Layer" service (related to Nokia PC Suite) and the "Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service" (related to WindowsLive Messenger). Anyway, I'll see how much I can secure those and post back how I get on. I'll try to test it sometime this week just I'm a bit waring of changing the AVG settings because the only way to test if it was still working would be for a virus to be detected... and I' rather I didn't get viruses!

Jimmy 2004, Jun 18, 2020
  4. scoob101 Win User

'Service Host: Windows Camera Frame Server' turns on on its own

Win10 Pro - Hyper-V hosting a Server 2012 R2 Server + Gaming on Host?

Hi,

I run a home server for Hosting file shares, a Plex server, an LMS Squeezebox server, and Ubiquiti management server. The hardware is about 8 years old and I`m looking to upgrade.

One thing I would like to do is some VR gaming (Elite Dangerous specifically) and I`m thinking about leveraging the new hardware to host the server in a Hyper-V VM on the Windows 10 Pro machine, and then install Elite Dangerous on the host operating system for some VR gaming action.

As the 2012 R2 server hosts a number of essential services for the home, it needs to be running reliably 24/7, even when Im gaming on the host (which will be infrequently). The services running on the 2012 server take very little resources.

My question is - assuming I spec a good multi-core system, with plenty of RAM and a fast SSD for the OS - are there any issues with the approach I`m suggesting?

Would VR gaming work reliably in this configuration?

scoob101, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

'Service Host: Windows Camera Frame Server' turns on on its own

1. 'Service Host: Windows Camera Frame Server' turns on on its own - Similar Threads - 'Service Host Camera

2. Why Windows Camera Frame Server service auto start and auto disable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Windows Camera Frame Server service auto start and auto disable?: Hi,what is the possible cause the Windows Camera Frame Server service to auto start and auto disable?I look around the internet but unable to find the answer that i was looking for.looking for expertise help!!!!...
  3. Why Windows Camera Frame Server service auto start and auto disable?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why Windows Camera Frame Server service auto start and auto disable?: Hi,what is the possible cause the Windows Camera Frame Server service to auto start and auto disable?I look around the internet but unable to find the answer that i was looking for.looking for expertise help!!!!...
  4. Windows Camera Frame Server service errors, how to resolve?

Windows Camera Frame Server service errors, how to resolve?: ThinkPad E14 Gen 4 Intel/Windows 10, internal camera app works but it cuts out then back on quickly in 5 minute intervals. Checked event viewer and noticed lots of Windows Camera Frame Server service errors. Confirmed drivers are up to date downloaded driver install from...
  5. Windows Camera Frame Server service errors, how to resolve?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Camera Frame Server service errors, how to resolve?: ThinkPad E14 Gen 4 Intel/Windows 10, internal camera app works but it cuts out then back on quickly in 5 minute intervals. Checked event viewer and noticed lots of Windows Camera Frame Server service errors. Confirmed drivers are up to date downloaded driver install from...
  6. Windows Camera Frame Server service errors, how to resolve?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Camera Frame Server excessive CPU

Windows Camera Frame Server excessive CPU: I just noticed that the light for my Webcam is showing the camera on after a reboot. It never did this before. In Task Manager the Windows Camera Frame Server is using 10-13% of the CPU after a reboot before I started any applications other than the autostart Apps including...
  8. The Windows Camera Frame Server service terminated unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Windows Camera Frame Server service terminated unexpectedly: Windows 10 64-bit Pro, 20H2 Event viewer started to show this error many times today 9 times so far. In the middle, the system shuts down unexpected once. What could be the issue? How do I fix it? Thanks...
  9. Camera is turning on and off on its own

Camera is turning on and off on its own: Something it is happening with my camera. It starts turning on or off on its own, without any interference on my side. What kind of issue it is? I have Acer Predator Helios and Windows 10. Thank you...
  10. Windows camera frame server stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows camera frame server stopped working: I have a second hand laptop for the last month which repeatedly gives the problem with svchost.exe_frameserver every day. appcrash It seems this issue has been occurring since 2016 when a virus definition update occurred and has not been resolved. It has something to do...