Windows 10: Service Host: Windows Event Log using 12GB of RAM fix?

Discus and support Service Host: Windows Event Log using 12GB of RAM fix? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Everytime I start up my computer Windows Event Log slowly over the course of a few minutes starts eating all of my RAM. After a while it usually slowly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FatheredPuma81, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Service Host: Windows Event Log using 12GB of RAM fix?

Everytime I start up my computer Windows Event Log slowly over the course of a few minutes starts eating all of my RAM. After a while it usually slowly goes down to the usual few MB although on this boot it seems to have stayed. If I force close it it doesn't comes back and stays at 6MB. Noticed it started happening a few weeks ago.Misc: BitDefender, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scans only, Malwarebytes Adwcleaner scans only, Windows 10 v1909 Have to fix bootloader to update, W10 Privacy, Winaero tweaks, and Sledgehammer.Any ideas?Screenshot: Screenshot by Lightshot prnt.sc

:)

FatheredPuma81, Aug 3, 2021

2. "Windows Event Log" service not starting

When I start the "Windows Event Log" service I get the following error:

Windows could not start the Windows Event Log service on Local Computer.

Error 15008: The specified xml text was not well-formed. See Extended Error for more details.

Any suggestion on how to make this sevice work again?

Thanks,

AndreaSchiavinato, Aug 3, 2021
  3. WilliamDz Win User
    Disk usage 100% constantly.. "Service Host: Windows Event Log" seems to be the culprit.

Hi and thanks for reaching out. My name is William. I'm a Windows technical expert. I'll be happy to help you out today.

So, as you know this service host instance is host to the Event logs. The root of the issue lies in a problem with WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) being borked on your system. WMI is a core component of the OS, and as such the event log is only doing
    what it knows how to do: reporting the issue. You will need to fix WMI.

There is great article from "ask the performance experts" here on how to fix:
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/ask-the-...

WilliamDz, Aug 3, 2021
  4. ronkolda Win User

Service Host: Windows Event Log using 12GB of RAM fix?

Upgrading RAM to 12GB or 16GB?

Hi everyone:

I have this machine:

Intel DB75EN...........it has 8GB of DDR3 RAM..... it's an older i5-2400 at 3ghz.

I acidentally (nice) discovered there's still a chance to improve RAM...I can't buy or afford a newer PC.

Amazon has Crucial DDR3 and they fit my machine in the specs checker they have.

I recently added an Crucial SSD and have Windows 10 installed there. It boots better and folders open faster than the HDD.

However, apps aren't faster at all. Just Windows.

The machine has 2 sticks of 4GB installed which make the 8GB. Going from 8GB to 12GB........will it make a difference?

Or it's better to go to 16GB?.

If I could I would to go to 32GB.......the machine specs says it supports up to 32GB RAM (however I can't afford it), since they're DDR3, they are older and are NOT cheap. I can only afford up to 16GB.

Should I make the effort to get 16GB or will 12GB be good?

Thanks so much for your suggestions.

ronkolda, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

Service Host: Windows Event Log using 12GB of RAM fix?

1. Service Host: Windows Event Log using 12GB of RAM fix? - Similar Threads - Service Host Event

2. Service Host: Windows Event Log Using a Lot of Disk Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Windows Event Log Using a Lot of Disk Space: Service Host: Windows Event Log is using 50% to 80% of my disk space and is bogging down my computer. Through some research I found somewhere that showed me how to verify the repository in cmd and it came back with and error 0x80041003I tried following these instructions:...
  3. Service Host: Windows Event Log Using a Lot of Disk Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host: Windows Event Log Using a Lot of Disk Space: Service Host: Windows Event Log is using 50% to 80% of my disk space and is bogging down my computer. Through some research I found somewhere that showed me how to verify the repository in cmd and it came back with and error 0x80041003I tried following these instructions:...
  4. Service Host: Windows Event Log Using a Lot of Disk Space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Search using 12GB of RAM

in Cortana
    Search using 12GB of RAM: So I restart my computer, and a few minutes later, I notice my fan speed going up and my temperatures rising, So my first instinct is to open task manager and I see "search" no process name there just "Search" using a concerningly high amount of CPU and it started at about...
  6. Search using 12GB of RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search using 12GB of RAM: So I restart my computer, and a few minutes later, I notice my fan speed going up and my temperatures rising, So my first instinct is to open task manager and I see "search" no process name there just "Search" using a concerningly high amount of CPU and it started at about...
  7. Search using 12GB of RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Disco 100% with Host Service: Event Logs

Disco 100% with Host Service: Event Logs: My pc are getting 100% disc use with an recorrent error: Não é possível iniciar o servidor DCOM: Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost_10.0.18362.449_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy!Windows.Security.Authentication.Web.Core.BackgroundGetTokenTask.ClassId.WebAccountProvider...
  9. Service host processes using high RAM

Service host processes using high RAM: Hi, I've had my pc for about 3 months now and since a month it keeps on crashing. When the pc is in idle without any programs open it will use 50-70 percent of my RAM. There are a lot of 50-100 mb service hosts running. As shown in the pictures below. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. service host using high amount of ram

service host using high amount of ram: The ram keeps increases after turning on the computer untill the computer finally shuts down.most of the ram is used my services hosts.please give me a solution. [ATTACH]...