Windows 10: Service Request status

Discus and support Service Request status in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Last week I contact Microsoft about a printing problem. The person I spoke with, Kate, could not resolve it so she created a ticket for a level two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by theoldwizard1, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Service Request status

Last week I contact Microsoft about a printing problem. The person I spoke with, Kate, could not resolve it so she created a ticket for a level two technician to call me. The call time is now 4 hours passed due. 1483668577

How can I follow up on this call ?

:)

theoldwizard1, Oct 6, 2019
  2. SgtRiggs91, Oct 6, 2019
  3. EdTittel Win User
    a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Service Request status

The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

Hi Eric,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might be occurred due to corrupted Windows services and updates.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• In which account are you facing this issue?
    • Are you connected to Domain?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    You may login to other account and check if the RegEdit works.

I suggest you to modify the registry to increase the default time-out value for the service control manager. To increase this value to 60 seconds, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + R, type regedit, and hit
      enter.
    • Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
    • In the right pane, locate the ServicesPipeTimeout entry.
    Note: If the Services PipeTimeout entry does not exist, you must create it. To do this, follow these steps:

• On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click
      DWORD Value.

• Type ServicesPipeTimeout, and then press ENTER.
    • Right-click Services PipeTimeout, and then click Modify.
    • Click Decimal, type 60000, and then click OK.
    • This value represents the time in milliseconds before a service times out.
    • Restart the computer.
    Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Note: Install all the pending updates logging into Microsoft account and check.

I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps you regarding this issue.

Refer: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Service Request status

1. Service Request status - Similar Threads - Service Request status

2. Service request is not owned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service request is not owned: Hi.For some reason, when I try to use the support chat, I get this message instead of the chat window. Does someone know why I need Microsoft's support about starting a Microsoft support chat?...
  3. Service request is not owned

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service request is not owned: Hi.For some reason, when I try to use the support chat, I get this message instead of the chat window. Does someone know why I need Microsoft's support about starting a Microsoft support chat?...
  4. Service request xxxxxxxxxx is not owned by you.

Service request xxxxxxxxxx is not owned by you.: Service request xxxxxxxxxx is not owned by you. What's the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-request-xxxxxxxxxx-is-not-owned-by-you/51728093-136e-49a6-a9f2-6aaecfb6c4ce
  5. Default Status of Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Status of Service: Hi Team!I have reset my system and made some changes. I would like to know the default service status of Windows Update Service and Cryptographic Services. Is it Automatic by default or Manual?...
  6. Default Status of Service

Default Status of Service: Hi Team!I have reset my system and made some changes. I would like to know the default service status of Windows Update Service and Cryptographic Services. Is it Automatic by default or Manual?...
  7. Microsoft Family Safety service status

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety service status: Dear Tech Support,Please let me know where can I check the Microsoft Family Safety service status. The web admin where I control child screen time is currently not loading.I would like to understand the service status and see the page with any issues identified and some ETA...
  8. Microsoft Family Safety service status

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety service status: Dear Tech Support,Please let me know where can I check the Microsoft Family Safety service status. The web admin where I control child screen time is currently not loading.I would like to understand the service status and see the page with any issues identified and some ETA...
  9. Microsoft Family Safety service status

10. • Service Request #: 1012746617

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    • Service Request #: 1012746617: I received notification as follows: Hello, Thank you for using Microsoft products and services, we appreciate your business. This email is to confirm that your support case has been closed, the details of the service request case are as follows: Service Request #:...