Windows 10: Service starts and then stops immediately.

Discus and support Service starts and then stops immediately. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a program that needs a service running to work. The service won't start automatically as it should and when I start it manually it starts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LeonTheron1, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Service starts and then stops immediately.

Hi,

I have a program that needs a service running to work. The service won't start automatically as it should and when I start it manually it starts and then stops immediately. Error message says some services stop when not being used.

How do I overcome this. my program won't run.

It used to work fine before a system re-install. I did re-install the program.

:)

LeonTheron1, Mar 4, 2021

2. Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Windows Update - Service registration is missing or corrupt

Hi Nitya,

Upon analyzing the details and the troubleshooting steps you have done so far, we suggest that you
    manually reset your Windows Update Components
    by following these
    troubleshooting steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator

• Stop
      BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and Windows Update Services. To do this,
      type the following command:

• Net stop wuauserv

• Net stop cryptSvc

• Net stop bits

• Net stop msiserver

• Rename
      SoftwareDistribution
      and
      Catroot2
      folder. To do this, type the following commands:

• Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

• Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

• Restart
      BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and Windows Update Services. To do this,
      type the following command:

• Net start wuauserv

• Net start cryptSvc

• Net start bits

• Net start msiserver

• Restart
      your computer and try to
      install Windows Update.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards

Kem Mon, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Service starts and then stops immediately.

unable to start the Windows time service on Windows 10

Hi Enriq,

As you are facing issue with starting the Windows Time Service, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly happens when you try to turn on the service?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Method 1: I suggest you to run a SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to
    fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)” to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Method 2: I suggest you to Restart Windows Time Service and check if it helps.

Windows Time Service maintains date and time synchronization on all clients and servers in the network. If this service is stopped date and time synchronization will be unavailable. If this service is disabled,
    any services that explicitly depends on it will fail to start.

Step 1: Stop the service:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc, Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Time service and stop.
    • To do so, right click on each service select Stop
    • Restart the device.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Time service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of accessing the Windows Time Service for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Service starts and then stops immediately.

1. Service starts and then stops immediately. - Similar Threads - Service starts stops

2. browserhost.exe is run and then stop immediately

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    browserhost.exe is run and then stop immediately: my browserhost.exe on chrome won't work correctly like usuall they stop and then start again stop again the process is looping making the CPU usage high how to fix it plssss...
  3. The Diagnostic Policy Service starts and then stops, cannot be started.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Diagnostic Policy Service starts and then stops, cannot be started.: The Diagnostic Policy Service DPS is set to automatic, but it won't run. It starts and immediately stops. When I try to start the service manually, I get the message that "The Diagnostic Policy Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped. The windows network...
  4. The Diagnostic Policy Service starts then stops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Diagnostic Policy Service starts then stops: When I try and troubleshoot my network I get greeted with the message “Diagnostics Policy Service is not running” and when I press try these repairs as administrator it doesn’t do anything. Then when I tried manually turning it on it told me “The Diagnostic Policy Service on...
  5. Cannot stop and start the Dhcp service.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot stop and start the Dhcp service.: Hello, for something I'm working on I need to be able to stop and start the DHCP service. However, I am unable to do so because when I tried to attempt to stop the service I get "Access is denied" and "System error 5 has occurred". I do not believe the problem is because...
  6. Task Scheduler service won't start starts and stops for not being used!?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler service won't start starts and stops for not being used!?: So I've done absolutely nothing and all of a sudden when I opened my pc, Task Scheduler and other functions were missing windows search, keyboard language. I fixed search and language by running C:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe but I simply cannot start task scheduler. I've...
  7. Stop music cd from starting to play immediately on loading

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop music cd from starting to play immediately on loading: A simple question, I guess. When I insert a music CD into my built-in CD-ROM the bl.....dy music starts playing right away. It's getting on my nerves because what I actually want to see is an Explorer type of page listing the individual files. I know there must be a setting...
  8. Stopping services

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stopping services: Hello, Dear Sir/Madam i have Windows 10 pro and want to give me a list of the services within the Windows 10 that can be switched off in order to have a better performance to your computer. I don't use all services and eat resources in vain in Windows 10 pro expect answer!...
  9. Win 10: Services stuck on starting/stopping, programs not starting

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10: Services stuck on starting/stopping, programs not starting: Hi all! I'm facing this issue that is really annoying since I can't find out what is the cause. It started about one week ago, I notices some programs were not starting at windows start (ex: Coretemp, Malwarebytes). Moreover, the pc always got stuck on the reboot or...
  10. Start, Stop, and Disable Services in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Start, Stop, and Disable Services in Windows 10: How to: Start, Stop, and Disable Services in Windows 10 How to Start, Stop, Restart, Enable, and Disable Services in Windows 10 [img] Information A service is an application type that runs in the system background without a user interface and is similar to a UNIX...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. service starts but stops