Windows 10: Service Startup how to set at system bootup or user login

Discus and support Service Startup how to set at system bootup or user login in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; on windows 10 Looking in services I see startup automatically. However seems like there are 2 types. One may want a service to start at system boot up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Oxnard_M, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Oxnard_M Win User

Service Startup how to set at system bootup or user login

on windows 10

Looking in services I see startup automatically. However seems like there are 2 types. One may want a service to start at system boot up or one may want a service to start at user login.

My question is: How do you set a service to startup at system boot up and how do you set a service to start at user login?

Thanks

:)

Oxnard_M, Sep 7, 2019

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Sep 7, 2019
  3. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you with the user accounts on Windows 10.

Let's try the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type
    net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note: Create a Microsoft account. Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.
    Hope this helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 7, 2019
  4. AvantGuy Win User

Via bootup screen, unable to choose which services startup

It seems Microsoft has eliminated a feature I once used prolifically: Hardware Profiles. Windows-10 does have a "hardware profile", but it is nothing like what was in XP (or in Win-7, as I understand it). I want to know if there is an alternative in Windows-10 that allows me to control which Services are enabled or disabled from one session to the next, based on the currently selected profile (XP also had User Profile, but that's a different beast, and that still seems to exist in Win-10).

In the older O/S'es (XP, 2ooo, and NT for sure), you could set up multiple "hardware profiles" (silly name because it related as much to controlling Services as it did to controlling Devices). You give each profile a name, and set which one is the default startup if you let the screen time out. This is like the timeout in a multi-boot menu, and it's a menu that comes up right after the O/S menu if you are multi-booted. If you're single boot, it comes up at that same moment in the boot process.

Then, in the properties dialog for an individual Service, in the Logon tab (if I recall correctly, or maybe it was a "Startup" tab), those profile names you made will show up as a list allowing you to set enable at bootup or disable at bootup for each profile in that list.

Am I to understand that this cannot be done under Win-10 ? !!
    Is there a workaround?
    A third party utility?
    A registry tweak?

AvantGuy, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Service Startup how to set at system bootup or user login - Similar Threads - Service Startup set

2. User Profile Service Failed The Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Profile Service Failed The Login: Hello!I just recently bought a new PC from my friend, and decided my first course of action would be to factory reset it to wipe all the data from it to start clean. After the reset, I went to log back in and was met with the “User Profile Services failed the Log-In”...
  3. User Profile Service Failed The Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Service Failed The Login: Hello!I just recently bought a new PC from my friend, and decided my first course of action would be to factory reset it to wipe all the data from it to start clean. After the reset, I went to log back in and was met with the “User Profile Services failed the Log-In”...
  4. Login from bootup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login from bootup: Hi, I have an Alianware Aurora R8 which has been running Win 10 ok for 9 months. I started the PC yesterday and the welcom screen showed [ATTACH] The PIN is incorrect This was without any input from me! I clicked OK few times and and briefly noticed that the input box was...
  5. Windows 10 user login and startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 user login and startup: Community: On my DELL XPS 8900, running Windows 10, once previously and today, the lock screen would not dismiss to the sign on screen after multiple interrupts, mouse taps, key hits, for 25 minutes of waiting and tapping. Previously I rebooted, today just about...
  6. Startup menu items disappear, system is incredibly slow on bootup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startup menu items disappear, system is incredibly slow on bootup: Hey everyone. I encountered the weirdest problem today. My 2019 machine (on the last build before 2004) started acting weird this morning. All my startup programs, like my mouse software, battery tender, backup, etc. stopped opening up on boot. Furthermore, typing and...
  7. Windows 10 user login and startup

Windows 10 user login and startup: Dell XPS 8900, freezes in starting Desktop, Slideshow pane appears but taskbar does not, mouse and keyboard clicks do not respond, Windows button does not respond, have to power down and restart...
  8. How to Bootup to Login Screen

How to Bootup to Login Screen: Hello, Re: Dell Inspiron 3670, Intel Core, i5. Windows Home 10, 1803 First, my computer takes almost 2 minutes to bootup. During the bootup process first it goes to the Dell logo screen then to the login screen. Is there anything I can do to make my computer bootup to...
  9. Bootup without login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bootup without login: I have a Windows 10 Pro machine that is in a secure location. Using the User Accounts settings (netplwiz) , I unchecked the option, "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer." For over a year now, with Windows 10, that has worked just fine. The machine...
  10. Via bootup screen, unable to choose which services startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Via bootup screen, unable to choose which services startup: It seems Microsoft has eliminated a feature I once used prolifically: Hardware Profiles. Windows-10 does have a "hardware profile", but it is nothing like what was in XP (or in Win-7, as I understand it). I want to know if there is an alternative in Windows-10 that allows me...