Windows 10: Service to track of a computer is asleep/awake

Discus and support Service to track of a computer is asleep/awake in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've set up a desktop as a media server running Plex. When I access it using RDC, it pops up really fast and I'm not sold the thing is going to sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dmw13, Mar 27, 2018.

1. dmw13 Win User

Service to track of a computer is asleep/awake

I've set up a desktop as a media server running Plex. When I access it using RDC, it pops up really fast and I'm not sold the thing is going to sleep properly even though I've checked to make certain powercfg -request is coming up clear. There are services to track when online sites are working, so I'm wondering if there's something similar to report on when this PC is asleep/awake.

Thanks

:)

dmw13, Mar 27, 2018

2. Windows 10 Computer will not Wake once asleep by moving mouse

PC will not come to awake once asleep with mouse. I have to go "Control-Alt-Delete" then sign in again. Moving mouse will not awake PC as before.

Timson72_67, Mar 27, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Falls Asleep Despite "Never" Sleep Settings

This did not fix the issue.

I since installed a program called "Don't Sleep" and it keeps the computer awake. But without that program, Windows will fall asleep on its own.

ClaytonInHouston, Mar 27, 2018
  4. lx07 Win User

You could look in the event log when you sign on. Event ID 1 in System log will tell you when PC went to sleep, when it awoke and what woke it.

Service to track of a computer is asleep/awake [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Service to track of a computer is asleep/awake - Similar Threads - Service track computer

2. Computer no longer staying awake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer no longer staying awake: Greetings, I can’t find a forum for the command line, so I hope this is the right place. I can’t find anyone else with the same problem.I am having trouble keeping my computer awake. I have created a batch file to back up my laptop. It takes several hours for the script to...
  3. Computer no longer staying awake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer no longer staying awake: Greetings, I can’t find a forum for the command line, so I hope this is the right place. I can’t find anyone else with the same problem.I am having trouble keeping my computer awake. I have created a batch file to back up my laptop. It takes several hours for the script to...
  4. Computer crashes while asleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes while asleep: When I wake up the computer after a long sleep overnight, for example, it sometimes opens such that:-Chrome has been closed-Most edge tabs have been closed-All open Notepad files have been replaced by Unnamed files-All Word files have been closed, even if they weren't...
  5. Computer crashes while asleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes while asleep: When I wake up the computer after a long sleep overnight, for example, it sometimes opens such that:-Chrome has been closed-Most edge tabs have been closed-All open Notepad files have been replaced by Unnamed files-All Word files have been closed, even if they weren't...
  6. Windows Service Auditor: audit and track services on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Service Auditor: audit and track services on Windows: Windows Service Auditor is a free portable program for Microsoft Windows devices to track and audit services on the machine it is run on. The application offers assistance to system administrators who need to figure out why services started, stopped, or were updated or...
  7. computer falls asleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer falls asleep: OK....there are thousands and thousands of posts dating back at least 4 years about computers going into sleep mode (if this is what it is) after a few minutes of user inactivity in spite of the power settings and screen saver settings being set for longer times. AND THERE...
  8. Diagnostic Tracking Service & dmwappushsvc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Diagnostic Tracking Service & dmwappushsvc: Hi everyone *Smile Is it safe to set the Diagnostic Tracking Service and dmwappushsvc to Disable or Manual? If so which of the two setting is better? Regards. 25861
  9. Computer awakes by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer awakes by itself: A few days ago I downloaded win 10 and everything is going pretty well except.. every night at 12:15 exactly the computer will awake from sleep by itself. I never had this issue with win 7 which I just upgraded from. Any suggestions are much appreciated. *Think 15798
  10. My computer is asleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer is asleep.: I put windows 10 to sleep and can't wake it up! I can't find where anyone has found a solution. What can I do? I can't use my computer! 36343