Windows 10: Service to track of a computer is asleep/awake

Discus and support Service to track of a computer is asleep/awake in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've set up a desktop as a media server running Plex. When I access it using RDC, it pops up really fast and I'm not sold the thing is going to sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dmw13, Mar 27, 2018.

1. dmw13 Win User

Service to track of a computer is asleep/awake

I've set up a desktop as a media server running Plex. When I access it using RDC, it pops up really fast and I'm not sold the thing is going to sleep properly even though I've checked to make certain powercfg -request is coming up clear. There are services to track when online sites are working, so I'm wondering if there's something similar to report on when this PC is asleep/awake.

Thanks

:)

dmw13, Mar 27, 2018

2. Windows 10 Computer will not Wake once asleep by moving mouse

PC will not come to awake once asleep with mouse. I have to go "Control-Alt-Delete" then sign in again. Moving mouse will not awake PC as before.

Timson72_67, Mar 27, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Falls Asleep Despite "Never" Sleep Settings

This did not fix the issue.

I since installed a program called "Don't Sleep" and it keeps the computer awake. But without that program, Windows will fall asleep on its own.

ClaytonInHouston, Mar 27, 2018
  4. lx07 Win User

You could look in the event log when you sign on. Event ID 1 in System log will tell you when PC went to sleep, when it awoke and what woke it.

Service to track of a computer is asleep/awake [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Service to track of a computer is asleep/awake - Similar Threads - Service track computer

2. Computer not staying asleep. Wakes up on own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer not staying asleep. Wakes up on own: Lately I've been having an issue where my computer will wake itself up sometime in the morning. I can't pin down an exact time the computer wakes itself up. I have noticed a few things however in regards to this annoyance. 1) The computer will turn itself on as well as...
  3. computer falls asleep

computer falls asleep: OK....there are thousands and thousands of posts dating back at least 4 years about computers going into sleep mode (if this is what it is) after a few minutes of user inactivity in spite of the power settings and screen saver settings being set for longer times. AND THERE...
  4. Diagnostic Tracking Service & dmwappushsvc

Diagnostic Tracking Service & dmwappushsvc: Hi everyone *Smile Is it safe to set the Diagnostic Tracking Service and dmwappushsvc to Disable or Manual? If so which of the two setting is better? Regards. 25861
  5. powercfg and ps keeping my computer awake??

powercfg and ps keeping my computer awake??: How do I stop the process nw.exe from keeping my computer from going to sleep. I know it's a powercfg command but I'm not sure of the options so any help would really be appreciated *Smile Code: C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -requests DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER]...
  6. Computer awakes by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer awakes by itself: A few days ago I downloaded win 10 and everything is going pretty well except.. every night at 12:15 exactly the computer will awake from sleep by itself. I never had this issue with win 7 which I just upgraded from. Any suggestions are much appreciated. *Think 15798
  7. My computer is asleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer is asleep.: I put windows 10 to sleep and can't wake it up! I can't find where anyone has found a solution. What can I do? I can't use my computer! 36343
  8. Computer Will Not Go to Sleep or Stay Asleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Will Not Go to Sleep or Stay Asleep: Computers and proper sleep have been the bane of my existence for years. Sleep issues prove extra difficult to diagnose, in spite of hours and hours of research, because you have to wait and see what happens. I am an experienced builder, and a relatively competent...
  9. Why won't my computer stay completely asleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why won't my computer stay completely asleep?: Hello, I've got a new Levono desktop which works fine. But it's noisy, so I always put it to sleep when I don't use it. Yet, although it stays in sleep mode, it makes noise. Fans are blowing, so I assume the computer is working on something in sleep mode, whatever that may...
  10. Freeze on awake

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze on awake: Hey, Sometimes when my PC comes back up from hibernation (hybrid sleep enabled) it freezes so stiff that even the reset button stops working. The screen updates once so the clock widget on my taskbar shows the current time for a second. Sometimes the HDD light stays lit,...