Windows 10: Service "Windows Search".

Discus and support Service "Windows Search". in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; # Hello everyone. I have Windows 10 Pro for Workstation Insider Preview. Version: 1903 OS Compilation: 18965.1005 I have a problem: Clicking on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by José Daniel N. Dias, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Service "Windows Search".

#
    Hello everyone.

I have Windows 10 Pro for Workstation Insider Preview.
    Version: 1903
    OS Compilation: 18965.1005

I have a problem:
    Clicking on the "magnifying glass" does nothing. Does not open the box.

The "Service Windows", is activated.

I appreciate help.
    Thank you.
    #

Service "Windows Search". d693f70b-c872-4b91-9887-a42d041e8fc7?upload=true.png

Service "Windows Search". 7eb13eb9-9bc4-487c-aa79-18a2dea5594d?upload=true.png

:)

José Daniel N. Dias, Aug 27, 2019

2. Help with the Windows Search Service failed

Hi,

Having some damaged system components is one of the possible causes why the services in the system are failing. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to your computer before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest refreshing the Windows Search service. To do so, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R to pull-up the Run box.
    • In the Run box, type services.msc and then hit the Enter key.
    • In the Services window, look for Windows Search, right-click on it and then choose Stop.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Pull-up the Services window again.
    • Look for Windows Search, right-click on it and then choose Start.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Service "Windows Search".

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Service "Windows Search".

1. Service "Windows Search". - Similar Threads - Service Search

2. Windows could not start the windows search service on Local Computer Error 21: The device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows could not start the windows search service on Local Computer Error 21: The device...: Windows could not start the windows search service on Local ComputerError 21: The device is not ready.I will add pictures, i can't directly upload here it gives me some error, sorry for that , i uploaded to prnt.scPhotoWhen i go to the event viewer i see the error i get...
  3. Windows could not start the windows search service on Local Computer Error 21: The device...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows could not start the windows search service on Local Computer Error 21: The device...: Windows could not start the windows search service on Local ComputerError 21: The device is not ready.I will add pictures, i can't directly upload here it gives me some error, sorry for that , i uploaded to prnt.scPhotoWhen i go to the event viewer i see the error i get...
  4. Windows could not start the windows search service on Local Computer Error 21: The device...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. windows search service not running.

in Cortana
    windows search service not running.: i was using my pc and one day the search bar stopped working suddenly, i thought it was just a pc glitch so i didnt acknowledge it. Until i tried using the search bar even after restarting and updating everything to no avail. ive tried all the trouble shooting but all it said...
  6. I cant start Windows Search service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant start Windows Search service: Windows Search service is set to start "Automatic".But it doesn't start automatically,If I try to start it manually, I get an error saying Windows could not start the Windows Search service on Local Computer Error 1722 The RPS server is unavailable".Remote Procedure call RPS...
  7. I cant start Windows Search service

I cant start Windows Search service: Windows Search service is set to start "Automatic".But it doesn't start automatically,If I try to start it manually, I get an error saying Windows could not start the Windows Search service on Local Computer Error 1722 The RPS server is unavailable".Remote Procedure call RPS...
  8. How do I reinstall the Windows Search Service?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall the Windows Search Service?: About a week ago, I started seeing a message in windows search saying that search indexing was turned off. I clicked turn indexing back on, and it took me to Indexing Options, where there were no listed directories and the modify and pause buttons were grayed out. I ran the...
  9. How do I reinstall the Windows Search Service?

How do I reinstall the Windows Search Service?: About a week ago, I started seeing a message in windows search saying that search indexing was turned off. I clicked turn indexing back on, and it took me to Indexing Options, where there were no listed directories and the modify and pause buttons were grayed out. I ran the...
  10. Windows could not start the search service on local computer. Error 2: The system cannot...

Windows could not start the search service on local computer. Error 2: The system cannot...: So recently I had problems with my windows search and tried to fix it. So I accidentally deleted the reg key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Search\And after I deleted the "Windows Search" Reg key, my windows search service stopped and this showed up when i...