Windows 10: Services.exe using high memory but little CPU

Discus and support Services.exe using high memory but little CPU in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I checked task manager before I went to sleep for the night for some unknown reason, and lo and behold I see my memory usage at 69%. I go and check and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by osly, Jun 2, 2019.

1. osly Win User

Services.exe using high memory but little CPU

I checked task manager before I went to sleep for the night for some unknown reason, and lo and behold I see my memory usage at 69%. I go and check and see that a process called "services and controller app" aka services.exe is casually using up 7000+ mb of my 16gb of RAM in my laptop. I ended the process tree when I looked into the "details" tab of Task manager, and then my laptop BSOD. On reboot, it seems to be working fine. I've seen other people with the same issue and it may be something with the Event Log service? I can't seem to find it in services.msc and don't know how to disable it? What caused it, and how can I prevent it from happening again? Could this have damaged my laptop?

:)

osly, Jun 2, 2019

2. svchost.exe / service host : local system ( network restricted ) high usage memory and CPU

When you open Task Manager a little bit, you’ll see that svchost.exe service host: local system (network restricted) is causing the problem of high CPU usage. To improve your Windows performance, and get rid of the high CPU usage, you
    have to disable Superfetch service. Superfetch used to pre-load data from hard disk into RAM memory. So let's follow this steps.

Fix svchost.exe service host: local system (network restricted)

dedyprasetiyo724, Jun 2, 2019
  3. DenetteBoyd-King, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Paul.Woz Win User

TokenBroker services causes high CPU utilization?

We have Windows 10 Pro version 1703, 64bit.

We see CPU stay at 50-60%, and spike up to 99-100% for extended times. We have been able to isolate the high CPU to the Token Broker service by using the Windows Performance Recorder and Analyzer.

We understand this service has something to do with the Windows Store and Authentication and was added in with the Anniversary update. With it turned off, we return to normal CPU utilization, but we are unsure if this service is a requirement.

Microsoft is a bit ambiguous on this service, even the description for the service reads "<Failed to Read Description, Error Code:1500 >"

• Because there isn't a lot of documentation on this we are unsure if we even need this service. Can we simply disable this service permanently?
    • Is anyone aware of the Token Broker service causing high CPU like this?

Paul.Woz, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Services.exe using high memory but little CPU - Similar Threads - Services exe using

2. Windows 11 Services using high CPU %

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Services using high CPU %: Since December 14, 2023, following a Windows 11 Update, "Services" has been using a 21-25% of CPU , which runs the cooling fan ragged, makes a lot of noise and slows the pc down as soon as it starts. When I launch any software, the fan upticks again in speed. before slowing...
  3. AntiMalware Service Executable using high memory.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AntiMalware Service Executable using high memory.: I have no idea why but AntiMalware Service Executable is using high memory. I have tried turning off Real time Protection and clearing any possible viruses off my computer but just seems to stay at a high memory usage averaging around 50% memory....
  4. AntiMalware Service Executable using high memory.

AntiMalware Service Executable using high memory.: I have no idea why but AntiMalware Service Executable is using high memory. I have tried turning off Real time Protection and clearing any possible viruses off my computer but just seems to stay at a high memory usage averaging around 50% memory....
  5. High CPU, disk and memory use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU, disk and memory use: I have a dell computer, the model is Inspiron 3455 and there has been a lot of issues with high uses in task manager, playing games is very laggy and crashes a lot. I was wondering if there’s any fix to this? My pc is on windows 10...
  6. High CPU, disk and memory use

High CPU, disk and memory use: I have a dell computer, the model is Inspiron 3455 and there has been a lot of issues with high uses in task manager, playing games is very laggy and crashes a lot. I was wondering if there’s any fix to this? My pc is on windows 10...
  7. High CPU, disk and memory use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. High CPU and Memory taking by antimalware service executable services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU and Memory taking by antimalware service executable services: High CPU and Memory taking by antimalware service executable services. What should i do for this unnecessary and unwanted services and my games also lag by this services because this service taking half of my memory and high CPU Usages. this service slow down my PC. im facing...
  9. High CPU and Memory taking by antimalware service executable services

High CPU and Memory taking by antimalware service executable services: High CPU and Memory taking by antimalware service executable services. What should i do for this unnecessary and unwanted services and my games also lag by this services because this service taking half of my memory and high CPU Usages. this service slow down my PC. im facing...
  10. Service Host: SysMain using high memory.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Host: SysMain using high memory.: So Service Host: SysMain is using high ram for some reason 96%. Not only that but other Applications are using higher ram than usual, im not sure what this means. All of this happened out of no where, if you know what this means please let me know. Thank you....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Win 7 after update services.exe services and controller app consuming ram