Windows 10: Services.msc database

Discus and support Services.msc database in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can anyone please advise if there exists a database for Windows Services covering Windows 10 and also Windows 7? It should at least give me an idea of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by meridius, Dec 4, 2018.

1. meridius Win User

Services.msc database

Can anyone please advise if there exists a database for Windows Services covering Windows 10 and also Windows 7? It should at least give me an idea of what services are safe to disable. Also is there a big performance difference resulting in disabling certain services? Is it not advisable to change the service to Manual if unsure? I normally only look at services from services.msc in the Control Panel and not from the Task Manager.

I normally only use msconfig > Start-up and disable applications from there to improve boot times. Apparently it is also safe to disable all applications from Startup in CCleaner. Some applications are left over as enabled in CCleaner even after I disable all applications in msconfig and I am not sure where they originate from.

:)

meridius, Dec 4, 2018
  2. DRDNA Win User

Recover access database

Did you try this yet? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283849

Run the Compact and Repair utility. To do so, follow these steps:
    • If the database is open, close it.
    • On the Tools menu, point to Database Utilities, and then click Compact and Repair Database.
    • In the Database to Compact From dialog box, select the file that you want to compact, and then click Compact.
    • In the Compact Database Into dialog box, enter a new file name, and then click Save.

If the compact and repair does not succeed, you will receive a message stating so. This means the damage is so severe that it cannot be corrected.

DRDNA, Dec 4, 2018
  3. Chipset Database

Another category I would be sure to add is whether or not it supports Hyper Threading.

This may be jumping the gun a bit *Big Grin Services.msc database :D, as you are still working to establish a solid format for the database, but here goes a suggestion to list in the DB:
    This is a very versatile chipset, especially for all the people looking to upgrade, but keep some older components, with the whole conroe craze etc. A true "stepping stone" chipset:

Basics:
    VIA PT880 Ultra
    it supports Core 2's, P D's, P 4's, Celeron D's (conroe, presler, smithfield, prescott, cedar mill)
    it supports AGP & PCIe graphics
    it supports both DDR & DDR2

error_f0rce, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Services.msc database

No printers work after Windows 10 anniversary update

Since you have reinstalled the drivers from HP several times, we would suggest that try to check if the print spooler dependency services are running.

Here are some steps for you to follow:

• Click Start, type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Scroll down to Print spooler.
    • Right click and click properties, click the tab “Dependencies
    • Note all of the dependent services listed, and then close the Print Spooler Properties window.
    • Repeat the above steps for the dependent services noted.

Thank you.

Marivel Man, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

Services.msc database

1. Services.msc database - Similar Threads - Services msc database

2. Disabled all my msc services on accident

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled all my msc services on accident: My game was crashing off boot of the game so I went on YouTube to try and fix it clicked on the wrong video long story short disabled all my msc services restarted my pc and I can’t login knowing the smart choice I went here in need of answers so I tried to boot up my bios no...
  3. Disabled all my msc services on accident

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabled all my msc services on accident: My game was crashing off boot of the game so I went on YouTube to try and fix it clicked on the wrong video long story short disabled all my msc services restarted my pc and I can’t login knowing the smart choice I went here in need of answers so I tried to boot up my bios no...
  4. The Cryptographic Services service failed to initialize the Catalog Database. The ESENT...

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Cryptographic Services service failed to initialize the Catalog Database. The ESENT...: my pc crashes and i get this error The Cryptographic Services service failed to initialize the Catalog Database. The ESENT error was: -550. - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> -<System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2"...
  5. windows was unable to open service control manager database

windows was unable to open service control manager database: I tried connecting to a remote server and got access denied. That's ok. But now if I go to start services.msc it tries to connect to that remote server and does not give me the option to connect to the server that I am on. How do I reset this? Couldn't find anything in the...
  6. Pinning .msc Items to "Start".

Pinning .msc Items to "Start".: Ok so, I know that I can right click on something in the Start Menu and click "Pin To Start". . . Is there any possible way that I could pin "gpedit.msc" to Start? 136694
  7. Still having problems with MSC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still having problems with MSC: I am still having problems with Microsoft solitaire collection I have asked every source I know It is so strange that I can click on the M.S.C. 5 or 6 times and it goes through the act of starting and then fades away then on the 6TH time it will stay open and I can play as...
  8. How to unlock services database

in Windows 10 Support
    How to unlock services database: I was trying to manage my partitions, and it always used to work with, Windows Disk Management and with mini tool Partition Wizard and also with EasUS Partitions Manager. Suddenly one day they all stopped working! Windows Disk Management would open, but would stay on the...
  9. 100% disk usage and unable to open .msc, e.g services devicemanager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% disk usage and unable to open .msc, e.g services devicemanager: Hi, Just need some help Basically i am unable to open any applications that end in .msc such as services or device manager, it comes up saying that i cant to open mmc.exe even though i am administrator, would really like some help and can specify more thoroughly if needed....
  10. Running msc files in Admin ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Running msc files in Admin ?: If I want to run Group Policy editor in administration mode, what command must be used before gpedit.msc so the group policy editor runs in Administrator mode ? 49226
Tags: