Windows 10: Services/other stuff that can be safely uninstalled/disabled that cause high Network Usage?

Discus and support Services/other stuff that can be safely uninstalled/disabled that cause high Network Usage? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I noticed that svchost was using a lot of bandwidth, and I watched a tutorial on how to stop it. Now that the problem is fixed, I was wondering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ManyTypesOfCheeses, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Services/other stuff that can be safely uninstalled/disabled that cause high Network Usage?

Hello. I noticed that svchost was using a lot of bandwidth, and I watched a tutorial on how to stop it. Now that the problem is fixed, I was wondering if there's anything else on my PC that is similar in the form of high network usage. Are there other things that can be disabled?

submitted by /u/ManyTypesOfCheeses
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ManyTypesOfCheeses, Aug 7, 2020

2. Is it safe to disable service Server?

Thanks for sharing!

However I was rather interested in that service that has display name Server and service name LanmanServer. I wanted to know if it is safe to disable it and if I do disable it, what else would break that I might not expect to break? I also was curious to know that online lists of services that are safe to disable usually dont mention it, and tutorials on dsabling network shares also usually dont mention that service. That made me ask if there was some good reason for that?

MakeW10Great, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Uninstall OneDrive in services or other

I would like to uninstall OneDrive cloud application from Windows 10. The note at Microsoft
    help seemed incomplete.

Can this be uninstalled in Services? What other 'write back' services are there to disable?

I have seen Black Viper's new Services list but do not know the things I might miss
    as a new user of Windows 10. Even Black Viper shows the Windows Update write backs
    as enabled. I prefer to have none active.

loninappleton, Aug 7, 2020
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Services/other stuff that can be safely uninstalled/disabled that cause high Network Usage?

[Request] List of services that can be safely disabled

This is my list of service to disable:
    Start List

End List.

I do not recommend disabling any services.

LMiller7, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Services/other stuff that can be safely uninstalled/disabled that cause high Network Usage?

1. Services/other stuff that can be safely uninstalled/disabled that cause high Network Usage? - Similar Threads - Services stuff safely

2. Problems with High network usage by service host : Network service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with High network usage by service host : Network service: Hi, Ive been having the problem with Service Host : Network Service, in which its using far too much network, up to 16 - 20 Mbps in some instances, as can be seen in this screenshot Okay it wont let me add screenshots for some reason, but its still high usage. I have disabled...
  3. Problems with High network usage by service host : Network service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with High network usage by service host : Network service: Hi, Ive been having the problem with Service Host : Network Service, in which its using far too much network, up to 16 - 20 Mbps in some instances, as can be seen in this screenshot Okay it wont let me add screenshots for some reason, but its still high usage. I have disabled...
  4. Service Host Network Service High network usage in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host Network Service High network usage in Windows 10: I am experiencing very bad internet connections as of today. I run task manager to check network usage and see that Service Host Network is using a lot internet. It can easily reach to 12mbs however it is constantly fluctuating. My windows 10 is up to date. I don't have very...
  5. Service Host Network Service High network usage in Windows 10

Service Host Network Service High network usage in Windows 10: I am experiencing very bad internet connections as of today. I run task manager to check network usage and see that Service Host Network is using a lot internet. It can easily reach to 12mbs however it is constantly fluctuating. My windows 10 is up to date. I don't have very...
  6. Storage Service Causing High CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Service Causing High CPU usage: We have implemented a VMware VDI system. We are running Windows 10 version 21H1 with the latest updates.We are having machines lock up and the CPU usage goes to 100%When we open Task manager, the service is : Service Host Local service Network Restricted.Once expanded it...
  7. Storage Service Causing High CPU usage

Storage Service Causing High CPU usage: We have implemented a VMware VDI system. We are running Windows 10 version 21H1 with the latest updates.We are having machines lock up and the CPU usage goes to 100%When we open Task manager, the service is : Service Host Local service Network Restricted.Once expanded it...
  8. Storage Service Causing High CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Service Host: Network Service high network usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service Host: Network Service high network usage.: As the title says, this application is eating up all my bandwidth, and we have a lot. I have turned off "allow downloads from other PCs" already, and it did nothing. Is there any known fix to this? I have searched only to find the same answers, with no resolution. submitted...
  10. "Service Host: Network service" high network usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Service Host: Network service" high network usage: Yesterday i updated windows, after the update "Service Host: Network service" has been running and having a really high network usage. Is there a way to fix this, or do i just have to wait for it to go away? submitted by /u/elmoishorny [link] [comments]...