Windows 10: Services slowing start up after reinstall of W10 v. 1803?

Discus and support Services slowing start up after reinstall of W10 v. 1803? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I naively removed window 10's ability to install updates and had to reinstall Windows v.1803. The install seems to be very successful in that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by flycaster, Feb 25, 2019.

1. flycaster Win User

Services slowing start up after reinstall of W10 v. 1803?

I naively removed window 10's ability to install updates and had to reinstall Windows v.1803. The install seems to be very successful in that the computer didn't loose anything that hold dear, but its start up was extremely slow. I now note that on start up, tons of resources are being used by Compatelrunner.exe. Furthermore, for this service and for other services (viz., conhost, csrss, ctfmon and dasthost) when passing the cursor over them, shows: "Path: Error opening process." Working with services is beyond my level of understanding. So, I ask, how should I handle this situation? Thanks.

:)

flycaster, Feb 25, 2019
  2. jbl1985 Win User

Hyper V Integration Services are not Available

I followed the instructions below, and when I go to hit the action menu after I connect to the VM to install Integration services, there is no such option under the Action Menu to Insert Integration Services Setup Disk . The instructions
    seem so simple but I seem to be missing something. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Step 4: Install or upgrade integration services
    Hyper-V includes a software package for supported guest operating systems that improves integration between the physical computer and the virtual machine. This package is referred to as integration services. To learn more, see Integration
    Services

This step can't be automated or done within a Windows PowerShell session.

To install integration services

• Open Hyper-V Manager. From the Server Manager Tools menu, click Hyper-V Manager.

• Connect to the virtual machine. Right-click the name of the virtual machine and click Connect.

• From the Action menu of Virtual Machine Connection, click Insert Integration Services Setup Disk. This action loads the setup disk in the virtual DVD drive. Depending on the guest operating system installed, you may need to start the installation
      manually.

• After the installation finishes, all integration services are available for use.

jbl1985, Feb 25, 2019
  3. EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Services slowing start up after reinstall of W10 v. 1803?

original settings of services in W10

Hi Everyone. to cure a problem on my laptop I changed every services to Automatic. I did not note down before the change the original configuration of each services that were either Automatic, Automatic delayed, disable etc. I cannot locate on the web
    a basic listing what W10 individual configuration should be for each services. I do not want to reinstall W10. Grateful for any help in locating answer.

dick brennan, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Services slowing start up after reinstall of W10 v. 1803?

1. Services slowing start up after reinstall of W10 v. 1803? - Similar Threads - Services slowing start

2. Slow start up !!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow start up !!: It must be the age old question "Why is my Windows 10 PC slow to start" ? I have had my Lenovo G700 LAPTOP about 7/8 years now and it is highly maintained. I check for updates each morning, I have little or nothing in my start up programmes, no background apps running apart...
  3. Slow start up !!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow start up !!: It must be the age old question "Why is my Windows 10 PC slow to start" ? I have had my Lenovo G700 LAPTOP about 7/8 years now and it is highly maintained. I check for updates each morning, I have little or nothing in my start up programmes, no background apps running apart...
  4. Slow start up !!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. W10 won't start up

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 won't start up: I'm working on a PC that won't start up any more. I get the blue screen with the menu's, but not the Windows screen. System restore wouldn't work properly, or at least, didn't solve the problems. Tried to do a repair by taking out the HD and check the disk on another PC. It...
  6. slow start up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    slow start up: Hi, I am on windows 10 and i have two accounts on my PC computer..mine and my wifes. When I start up the computer my account loads in about 30 secs....but when I then log into my wifes account it takes 5 or 6 mins...even when I disable all the start up programs hers still...
  7. Start up issues after reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start up issues after reinstall: I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop. Now my system is not loading. Every time I get the below page. When i click next and give my wifi details, it loads for about 5-10 mins. Then system restarts and comes back to the below page. Its going in loop. Any idea why its...
  8. Slow Start-up

Slow Start-up: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Pro (version 1903) on my laptop PC. The issue is that start up takes a long time every time I boot it. Once the lock screen appears, it remains blank for a few seconds until time and notifications appear. Once I hit the space bar, it takes another...
  9. Slow start up

Slow start up: I am having major issues with occasional slow start up with windows 10. Does this have to do with updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-start-up/77889e81-2666-48f5-bdcb-b03d7306799c
  10. Slow Start Up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow Start Up: Hi there, Lately my laptop has become very slow and is taking very long to start up. Could anybody suggest ways to speed up the start up. My laptop is Dell 4520 and is running on Windows8.1 upgraded to Windows10 and has MSOffice2007 Regards Shambhu...