Windows 10: (Services) StateRepository & tiledatamodelsvc LTSB 2016 1607 14393 x64

Discus and support (Services) StateRepository & tiledatamodelsvc LTSB 2016 1607 14393 x64 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm having rather strange issues when disabling/stopping the following services: State Repository Service (StateRepository) Tile Data model server... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wininstall, Jan 29, 2019.

1. (Services) StateRepository & tiledatamodelsvc LTSB 2016 1607 14393 x64

I'm having rather strange issues when disabling/stopping the following services:

State Repository Service (StateRepository)

Tile Data model server (tiledatamodelsvc)

As for StateRepository, its dependencies are:

AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) and Tile Data model server (tiledatamodelsvc).

Tile Data model server dependencies:

State Repository Service (StateRepository).

Excuse my weird expression, but basically I would say that if you're gonna attempt to disable either of them, you better disable both at the same time.

I've tried to disable one at the time and reboot, strange things happen, such as explorer.exe not working as intended, the Start Menu is unable to open and parts of the notification area is frozen.

Disabling both at the same time does pretty much the same thing, however, ctrl+alt+del and task manager is working and I can launch applications by creating new tasks, Firefox is not responding too well though.

How come the computer behaves this strangely when I disable/stop these?

It's enough by just stopping one of them, no need to disable or restart, the issues start once one of them is stopped.

I'm asking because I've seen people pull this trick on the same operating system as myself:

Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB 1607 Build 14393 x64

As far as I can tell, it has to be something regarding the default Start Menu and taskbar, seeing all of the above mentioned services are tied to apps and tiles found on and within the Start Menu.

FYI, I don't have any tiles running on the Start Menu, there are some programs pinned, but no tiles.

FYI, there are no apps installed, only Settings but I wouldn't say that's an app, it can still be executed.

The computer is not completely strange when disabling these, as mentioned, but as to why Firefox is not responding once opened with these disabled, that's another question touching their side.

One particular system that was able to disable these services ran a 3rd-party Start Menu, hence maybe why he/she was able to successfully disable these services.

To tell you the truth, I run 26 services at startup, obviously disabling the above gives me only 24, just as many as when running Safe Mode (minimal), the system as blazing fast as a result.

I do have important services running, such as BFE, WinDefend, WdNisSvc, Sense, MpsSvc.

I update WinDefend definitions by mpam-fel.exe (no need for Windows Update (wuauserv)

Yeah, almost forgot, I have another strange issue regarding the following service:

User Manager (UserManager).

As far as I can tell, this service is tied to the following:

Xbox Live Game Save (XblGameSave)

Xbox Game Monitoring (xbgm) not found within 1607.

Web Account Manager (TokenBroker) not found within 1607.

From my very limited experience touching services, I would say that disabling the following would cause more severe and understanding issues:

User Profile Service (ProfSvc) as this would completely make you unable to login/logout of the system.

The issue I'm having when disabling User Manager (UserManager) is that it takes forever to login to the system, I run one user only (built-in administrator) and the rest deleted/disabled, there is no password for the active user and there's an automated login process upon boot.

To sum things up, I think I should be able to disable these services, I cannot see why they shouldn't be able to be disabled.

As far as Start Menu goes, fine, I might need to run a 3rd-party Start Menu for things to cooperate.

Xbox though, please?..

Thanks for reading and if someone has similar knowledge about services, thanks for saying hello.

:)

wininstall, Jan 29, 2019
  2. Mystere Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB

I just noticed this pop up on my MSDN downloads:

Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB

Looks like it may be 14393, as it was just released. But, this appears to be a new moniker (2016) rather than 1607.

Mystere, Jan 29, 2019
  3. erpster4 Win User
    No Updates for LTSB since 1-15

it looks like you are using Win10 LTSB 2016 (v1607) as Windows Update is listing some updates to the 1607 LTSB release.

the previous LTSB release was the 2015 version (the v1507 or RTM release of Win10 LTSB)

erpster4, Jan 29, 2019
  4. HarrisonS Win User

(Services) StateRepository & tiledatamodelsvc LTSB 2016 1607 14393 x64

No Keyboard and Mouse Responses after Sysprep of Win10 x64 LTSB 1607

Additional info: Mouse and Keyboard are all USB based Dell devices; MB is SuperMicro X9SRi-F (total 4 USB ports). BIOS is SuperMicro BIOS 3.2a. OS: WIN10 x64 LTSB (version 1607).

HarrisonS, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

(Services) StateRepository & tiledatamodelsvc LTSB 2016 1607 14393 x64

1. (Services) StateRepository & tiledatamodelsvc LTSB 2016 1607 14393 x64 - Similar Threads - Services StateRepository tiledatamodelsvc

2. Service 'tiledatamodelsvc' not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service 'tiledatamodelsvc' not found: Hi, today I started having a problem where I couldn't right-click on the task bar. I look up a solution that says to restart 'tiledatamodelsvc'. When I go to check, I notice that my system lacks this service and that even using PS Get-Service -Name 'tiledatamodelsvc' results...
  3. Service 'tiledatamodelsvc' not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service 'tiledatamodelsvc' not found: Hi, today I started having a problem where I couldn't right-click on the task bar. I look up a solution that says to restart 'tiledatamodelsvc'. When I go to check, I notice that my system lacks this service and that even using PS Get-Service -Name 'tiledatamodelsvc' results...
  4. Service 'tiledatamodelsvc' not found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. windows 10 enterprise ltsb 2016 version 1607 to windows 10 enterprise ltsb version 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 enterprise ltsb 2016 version 1607 to windows 10 enterprise ltsb version 1903: How to upgrade from windows 10 enterprise ltsb 2016 version 1607 to windows 10 enterprise ltsb version 1903? 1. Does it require fresh installation from DVD or can be done online if connected to internet? 2. What is the latest version of windows 10 enterprise LTSB?...
  6. I want to download Windows 10 LTSB 1607 x64

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to download Windows 10 LTSB 1607 x64: Hello, I want to download Windows 10 LTSB 1607 x64 I want a safe link and a safe source to download You went to the Microsoft site But I could not find the old versions How can I find it submitted by /u/t5ny [link] [comments]...
  7. Upgrade path from 1607 14393

Upgrade path from 1607 14393: An upgrade from 1607 14393.2214 to 1903 18999.1 fails without any error detail Do I need to upgrade in steps and if so what's the details? Should I be able to go from 1607 directly to 1903 in this manner? Any ideas? 142522
  8. Download Anniversary update ISO 14393 1607

Download Anniversary update ISO 14393 1607: I have a lot of Dell Latitude 10 ST2 tablets that were just donated to the thrift store. They came with Windows 8.0 and I want to update then to Windows 10. Unfortunately they have the Intel Atom Clover Trail processor which Microsoft no longer supports after the Anniversary...
  9. Download 1nniversary update ISO 14393 1607

Download 1nniversary update ISO 14393 1607: I have a lot of Dell Latitude 10 ST2 tablets that were just donated to the thrift store. They came with Windows 8.0 and I want to update then to Windows 10. Unfortunately they have the Intel Atom Clover Trail processor which Microsoft no longer supports after the Anniversary...
  10. No Keyboard and Mouse Responses after Sysprep of Win10 x64 LTSB 1607

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Keyboard and Mouse Responses after Sysprep of Win10 x64 LTSB 1607: I am trying to create a Win10 x64 (LTSB, 1607) image for deployment. After all the configuration work was done, I tried to Sysprep the machine by using the command "Sysprep.exe /generalize /oobe /reboot /quiet". But after the server booted up and the screen showed the...