Windows 10: Services stopping when computer goes into Sleep Mode

Discus and support Services stopping when computer goes into Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently upgraded all clients in my office to Windows 10. I have had issues with one client stopping a service when in Sleep mode. The service is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BNA_AS, Nov 5, 2018.

1. BNA_AS Win User

Services stopping when computer goes into Sleep Mode

I recently upgraded all clients in my office to Windows 10. I have had issues with one client stopping a service when in Sleep mode.

The service is for EDI integration. The problem is that once the user is back in, the service shows that it is running, however it is not.

The only solution I currently have to either restart the client or restart the service as the admin.

Any suggestions of how to fix the issue?

:)

BNA_AS, Nov 5, 2018
  2. BNA_AS Win User

I recently upgraded all clients in my office to Windows 10. I have had issues with one client stopping a service when in Sleep mode.

The service is for EDI integration. The problem is that once the user is back in, the service shows that it is running, however it is not.

The only solution I currently have to either restart the client or restart the service as the admin.

Any suggestions of how to fix the issue?

BNA_AS, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

iTunes stops playing when the computer go to sleep

Hi Ross,

Sleep mode is designed to stop all actions on a computer as it puts the device to a low-power state. Since you want to continue using a program even while your computer is locked, we suggest turning off Sleep mode by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Choose Power & Sleep from the left pane.
    • Under Sleep, choose Never.

Services stopping when computer goes into Sleep Mode a56ef514-cf53-4631-8917-a239182dc84a.png

Let us know if you have any other concerns about your computer.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Services stopping when computer goes into Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Services stopping computer

2. Computer goes to sleep when printing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer goes to sleep when printing: Hi ExpertsI have a Windows10 computer, and it connected to a printer by USB or WIFI.When I am printing a big file, like 100 color pages or above, the printing job was spooling in the queue and then sent to the printer.The issue is, the inkjet printer will take a long time to...
  3. Computer goes to sleep when printing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer goes to sleep when printing: Hi ExpertsI have a Windows10 computer, and it connected to a printer by USB or WIFI.When I am printing a big file, like 100 color pages or above, the printing job was spooling in the queue and then sent to the printer.The issue is, the inkjet printer will take a long time to...
  4. Computer goes to sleep when printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Computer goes to Lock Screen instead of Sleep Mode when pressing Sleep Button.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer goes to Lock Screen instead of Sleep Mode when pressing Sleep Button.: Hello, for the past year or so I have been experiencing an issue when trying to go to sleep mode on my Windows 10 Device. Most times putting my computer to sleep makes it go to sleep, but after a few times, it will go to the lock screen and just stay there even If I don't...
  6. Computer goes to Lock Screen instead of Sleep Mode when pressing Sleep Button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer goes to Lock Screen instead of Sleep Mode when pressing Sleep Button.: Hello, for the past year or so I have been experiencing an issue when trying to go to sleep mode on my Windows 10 Device. Most times putting my computer to sleep makes it go to sleep, but after a few times, it will go to the lock screen and just stay there even If I don't...
  7. Computer goes to Lock Screen instead of Sleep Mode when pressing Sleep Button.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Ubiquity Wifi Network crash when computer goes on sleep mode

Ubiquity Wifi Network crash when computer goes on sleep mode: Hi, I have my computer connected to a LAN cable on an internal network. The network is connected through a LAN cable to a UNIFI AP-AC-LR rounter. The wireless network crashes everytime the computer goes into sleep mode. IT works fine while the computer is either off or not...
  9. Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off

Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off: My laptop sleeps when the screen goes off regardless of the sleep time settings. I followed all the steps described in thisthread to fix it but to no avail. Perhaps a fresh reinstall of Windows would fix it? HP ENVY X360 - 13-ar0005na...
  10. Computer goes to sleep when stop typing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer goes to sleep when stop typing: My computer goes to sleep in two minutes when I stop typing. I have to relog several times a day. It is really very annoying. Please suggest a troubleshooting method...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do windows services go to sleep

2. pc sleep mode run windows service