Windows 10: Services that log on as local system account cannot complete HTTP requests

Discus and support Services that log on as local system account cannot complete HTTP requests in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have an application that is installed for the computer, it installs a service which runs as the local system account. It collects data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/arbitmcdonald, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Services that log on as local system account cannot complete HTTP requests

Services that log on as local system account cannot complete HTTP requests k9Zx7uAKHWDoL2uPq8W2Tnir4Ns5Kz401f_gO_G1dGw.jpg

I have an application that is installed for the computer, it installs a service which runs as the local system account. It collects data from the device and publishes the data to an IoT service in AWS.

The same application works perfectly fine on 400 other desktops, but one desktop, in particular, stopped working. After a little debugging I found that the local system account, which the service runs under, can no longer complete HTTP requests, even though it has internet access (can ping and lookup google). When I changed the service to run as another standard user account (which I created just for this purpose), the service worked perfectly. It's solely an internet connectivity issue.

When running a PowerShell console as `nt authority\system` I have internet connectivity and DNS works fine, but I cannot browse the web (HTTP GET):

https://preview.redd.it/4motzim4exa...bp&s=69d850ca8f4d97278b838f91ae056de6b51e8523

yet when I try the same test from another desktop (one of the working ones) the GET request works perfectly and the service functions as expected.

This is something that changed recently as the service has always worked on this device. Unfortunately, I have no idea what I should be looking at next! All desktops are configured the same, they're behind the same controls and policies etc.

submitted by /u/arbitmcdonald
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/arbitmcdonald, Jan 12, 2021

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jan 12, 2021
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Services that log on as local system account cannot complete HTTP requests

Log out of local account

Hi,

Logging in an account to the Windows Store will automatically bound your local account with your Microsoft account. You can log in to the

web version of the WindowsStore
    instead to prevent this issue from recurring. To log out an account of the Windows Store, kindly follow these steps:

• Open Windows Store.
    • Click your account icon beside the Search box.

Services that log on as local system account cannot complete HTTP requests 324b6283-915b-4863-b7e7-8dcc637170e9.png
    • Click your profile.

Services that log on as local system account cannot complete HTTP requests 3474ff0a-d0b8-4bc3-bea4-019c3c0e889e.png
    • Click Sign out.

Now, proceed in removing your Microsoft account and password by following these steps:

• Go to Settings>Account>Your email and accounts.
    • Click Sign in with a local account instead and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • After setting up the new local account, go back to Settings>Account>Your email and accounts.
    • Select your email account and click Remove.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Services that log on as local system account cannot complete HTTP requests

1. Services that log on as local system account cannot complete HTTP requests - Similar Threads - Services log local

2. Disabled services in system config, cannot log into windows

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disabled services in system config, cannot log into windows: I disabled services in system config due to a suggestion I saw to help my PC run quicker. It had me restart my PC after doing so and since then I can no longer log in, it only prompts with "Something happened to your PIN" and if I try to reset the PIN nothing happens. I tried...
  3. Disabled services in system config, cannot log into windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled services in system config, cannot log into windows: I disabled services in system config due to a suggestion I saw to help my PC run quicker. It had me restart my PC after doing so and since then I can no longer log in, it only prompts with "Something happened to your PIN" and if I try to reset the PIN nothing happens. I tried...
  4. Disabled services in system config, cannot log into windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot log into my Windows Account from a local account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot log into my Windows Account from a local account: I logged out of my Microsoft account to do some troubleshooting. When I go to Settings -> Accounts and select "Log into your Microsoft Account instead", I can enter my password the first time just fine. The second time I get this. I haven't been able to find a solution, so I...
  6. Local account log in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local account log in: I accidenatlly logged into my computer using my mom’s microsoft account and now all my personaliziations are the ones from her computer and I cannot log out. Also, when I went accounts in settings the “log into local account instead” message isn’t there Thank you...
  7. Cannot log in to http://aka.ms/mienomination

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot log in to http://aka.ms/mienomination: When I try to log in to http://aka.ms/mienomination I get a "invalid login or password" response. I am perfectly able to log in to education.microsoft.com and techcommunity.microsoft.com with the same login and password. What am I doing wrong? Maria Dunker...
  8. My child account cannot be logged in the log in screen and cannot request for time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My child account cannot be logged in the log in screen and cannot request for time: My microsoft family account is having issues because it is unable to be revised or requested for time as my child cannot login to her account because when she requests for more time it will say oops something went wrong. Please make sure you are connected to the internet when...
  9. Service Host: Local System

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Service Host: Local System: will ending Service Host: Local System effect my pc or like turn it off or something bad will happen to my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-local-system/e0493e83-05a4-46a8-9b82-7b59c2960143
  10. Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service

in Windows 10 News
    Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service: [ATTACH] This post will show you how to fix Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service error message on your Windows 10 computer. It can occur when you try to access some specific file or folder, or move files [...] This post Insufficient system...