Windows 10: Serviio through VPN on Windows 10

Discus and support Serviio through VPN on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have been using Serviio (DLNA server) through a VPN (Cyberghost) on Windows 8.1 and it worked perfectly. I have recently upgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by treehippy, Oct 15, 2016.

1. treehippy Win User

Serviio through VPN on Windows 10

Hi,

I have been using Serviio (DLNA server) through a VPN (Cyberghost) on Windows 8.1 and it worked perfectly.

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10. Now when I'm connected through my VPN, none of my devices can see my Serviio server... It still works on Windows 10 when I'm not connected through my VPN.

The only thing that has changed is going from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I haven't changed any Serviio settings.

Does anyone know why I am having this problem now in Windows 10?

Thanks

:)

treehippy, Oct 15, 2016
  2. Andrew518 Win User

Problem allowing program through firewall in Windows 10.

I ended up finding that Windows 10 and Serviio were not causing the issue. For some reason all the Sony Blu-Ray players using DLNA that I was using needed to have a factory reset done. Once the reset was done, wireless info was entered, and server Serviio
    was discovered, all was good. I can't figure out why the reset needed to be done on the Blu-Ray players. Serviio worked before the Windows 10 upgrade and nothing changed (computer name, ip address, network info, etc). Oh well, it is all fixed now.

Andrew518, Oct 15, 2016
  3. Andrew518 Win User
    Problem allowing program through firewall in Windows 10.

I have not had to create rules for any other program to get through the firewall. I used Serviio in Windows 8 for streaming music on my network from my PC to a Blu-Ray player & TV. I guess what frustrates me the most is that streaming a music library using
    nothing more than Windows is extremely slow and finicky. What do I need to do to speed up connecting directly to the PC with Windows Media Streaming? I have a brand new TPLINK AC wireless router that has been amazing when streaming music and home video using
    Serviio in Windows 8.1. Since I have had issues with Windows 10 & Serviio, I tried going back and messing with the Windows media streaming but encounter the same slow response. I do not have an option to brose my library by letters and viewing "All Artists"
    is what makes things move extremely slow.

Andrew518, Oct 15, 2016
Thema:

Serviio through VPN on Windows 10

1. Serviio through VPN on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Serviio through VPN

2. folder sharing through vpn

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folder sharing through vpn: I'm always connecting to a specific VPN. Will the folders I have shared be shared automatically with other users connected to that VPN?I'm worried about personal folders that I have already shared to access them with my other devices through Wi-Fi....
  3. Install LAPS through VPN connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Install LAPS through VPN connection: I'm deploying LAPS local administrator password solution, I've three different scenarios: * Workstations wired connected in the office: It works perfectly. * Workstations wireless connected in the office: I doesn't work. * Workstations at home connected using a VPN: I...
  4. Remote Desktop through VPN

Remote Desktop through VPN: I have a problem connecting to my remote pc via VPN. I have the same vpn server connected from phone and remote pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-through-vpn/f238f858-2e14-4c5f-a1d6-c5432901c0a8
  5. Can't access microsoft store through a vpn

Can't access microsoft store through a vpn: I have to turn off my VPN to access microsoft store. What gives? this should not be required as I have a common provider and most websites allow access. Is there a way to make it work? If not, I'd like Microsoft devs to have the feedback and I'd also like a brief...
  6. Force all the traffic through a VPN?

Force all the traffic through a VPN?: Hello, Is there a way I can force all the traffic (wired or WiFi) through my PPTP VPN? Or perhaps a kill switch that will make the network inaccessible unless it's through my VPN? 128459
  7. Windows10 not connecting vpn through the mobile hotspot

Windows10 not connecting vpn through the mobile hotspot: Hi Team, we've done all the troubleshoots to fix the issues but it was not helping at all. We would like to know is there any solution to connect the VPN by connecting to mobile hot spot....
  8. OpenVPN - Send All Traffic Through VPN in Windows 10

OpenVPN - Send All Traffic Through VPN in Windows 10: With OpenVPN on macOS, I have the option to check to send all traffic through the VPN. With Windows 10 (v1803), I do not have this option. Does anyone know if OpenVPN 2.4.6 will automatically send all traffic through the VPN? I don't want *any* traffic to not go through the...
  9. Connecting with VPN in Windows 10 through the Internet

Connecting with VPN in Windows 10 through the Internet: I get this error in System error log. A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. I have ports 1701, 1723 and 3389 on my router and...
  10. Windows 10 Microsft Account through SSH/VPN connection?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Microsft Account through SSH/VPN connection?: Hi, I have a computer linked through a SSH/VPN network connection, however I noticed there is simply no way Windows able to login to any Microsoft account, be it trying to create a new one, or sign in for an app such as market. While I can view the market without issue,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. serviio thru vpn