Windows 10: Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

Discus and support Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, i registered here cause any time i've had an issue and googled it the solution has usually lead me here. *Wink I had 4 random shutdowns in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Philtr3, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Philtr3 Win User

Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

Hey, i registered here cause any time i've had an issue and googled it the solution has usually lead me here. *Wink

I had 4 random shutdowns in the space of 2 hours today. I'm using my system as a DAW and the shutdown occurred while i had a project loaded, there is high memory usage around 6-7gb and i have had low memory warnings after several hours so yeah i need to add more.

I'm not sure if the shutdowns point to a hardware or configuration issue but i wanted to post here to see what i should upload initially. I've looked at event viewer and i have "Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188"

Could this be the cause?

System specs:

Windows 10 64bit
    CPU: AMD FX8320 @4.8ghz (bequiet dark rock cooler)
    SSD: 250gb Samsung Evo 850
    RAM: 12GB unmatched DDR ram (8gb+4gb stick)
    GPU: HD7850 2GB
    PSU: Antec Truepower plus 550w

I know heat in this weather is going to be an issue but i'm running with the side panel off and i checked temps in bios after shutdown which was 54oC. I've also set fans to turbo. If you need more info just let me know!

:)

Philtr3, Jul 19, 2016
  2. CptDobey Win User

[SOLVED] False "Kernel Power Event ID 41 (63)" reported into the Event Viewer

By looking at the errors and warnings logged in the Event Viewer, I noticed that before every (cold) boot where I have the message "Kernel Power...", I got the same message generated during the shut down.

The error is about en event relative to ReadyBoot: Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

I googled about it and I found a working solution there:

Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due
    to the following error: 0xC0000188

The solutions that worked for me, is in the middle of the page, with 16 upvotes, the one that begin with:

An old thread and problem, but one that has been annoying me, and probably a few others.

The solution to the error: "Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188" is simple, and it needs no discussion of Prefetch, ReadyBoost, or whether you are using an SSD (as I am)...

It does solved my Readyboot error and it also solved my false kernel power message.

As I understand it, Windows has no place left to log the shutdown, thus on next boot Windows doesn't see the correct shutdown in the logfile, and deduces a power issue.

CptDobey, Jul 19, 2016
  3. Scyntrus Win User
    Computer Crashes When Starting Game Up.

Every time my PC has started a game such as Witcher 3, It has started to look like its crashed. In the event viewer I'm getting an error and warning when it happens.

Warning: The maximum file size for session "ReadyBoot" has been reached. As a result, events might be lost (not logged) to file "C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch\ReadyBoot\ReadyBoot.etl". The maximum files size is currently set to 134217728 bytes.

Error: Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

I've already gone into C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch\ReadyBoot\ and raised the ReadyBoot.etl filesize from 20mb to 128 mb as directed in

this post.

Scyntrus, Jul 19, 2016
Thema:

Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

1. Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188 - Similar Threads - Session ReadyBoot stopped

2. Windows 10 Event ID 3 Session "PerfDiag Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Event ID 3 Session "PerfDiag Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188: I am using Windows 10 Version 10.0.1941 Build 19041 on a ASUS ROG Maximus XI Code Motherboard, Intel Processor i9-9900KS and ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI Video Card. I am receiving an Error in the Event Viewer as follows and I am asking what I should do to get rid of this: Event ID...
  3. Session "PerfDiag Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

Session "PerfDiag Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188: I am trying to debug a very slow login 1.5 minutes after typing in my PIN on Windows 10 x64 Pro after the May 2020 automatic Windows update. Previously, Windows would log in 10 or 15 seconds. But now, the spinner loop spins for 1.5+ minutes before showing me my wallpaper. And...
  4. Kernel Event Tracing- error 3-The "ReadyBoot" session has stopped

in Windows 10 Support
    Kernel Event Tracing- error 3-The "ReadyBoot" session has stopped: Hello. I'm in Windows 10 build SO 18363.476 and since that update a new error comes up: Kernel Event Tracing- error 3-The "ReadyBoot" session has stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188 The first time the error comes up... it cause a sistem reboot....but not now....
  5. microsoft security client OOBE stopped due to the following error Session "Microsoft...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft security client OOBE stopped due to the following error Session "Microsoft...: what is needed to be done to correct this kernel error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-client-oobe-stopped-due-to-the/84f11dbe-c941-4fc7-bc3a-7b6fea9e5db0
  6. Kernel-EventTracing 0xC0000188

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Kernel-EventTracing 0xC0000188: Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188 [ATTACH] - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing" Guid="{B675EC37-BDB6-4648-BC92-F3FDC74D3CA2}" />...
  7. Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188: This file, "C:\WINDOWS\system32\WDI\LogFiles\ShutdownCKCL.etl", is set by default to Max 20 MB and neither circular or append options are allowed. The file, for some reason, is extremely protected. Now in my case the file grows very fast and fills the event log pretty much,...
  8. Circular Kernel Context Logger error 0xc0000188

Circular Kernel Context Logger error 0xc0000188: Since the update to vs. 1803 I have been getting the error Circular Kernel Context Logger maximum file size has been reached & has stopped due to error 0xc0000188....
  9. "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error

in Windows 10 Support
    "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error: Hi. Ever since the last Windows 10 major update, I get this error. It refers to the BootCKCL.etl file. Code: Event 3, Kernel Event-Tracing - Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188[/quote] I have done Inplace Upgrade and also...
  10. Event ID 3 - Session "ReadyBoot" stopped - error: 3221225864

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID 3 - Session "ReadyBoot" stopped - error: 3221225864: Does someone has any idea what this error means and above all ... how to avoid this? Thanks = Type : Error Date : 25-08-2015 Time : 10:42:14 Event : 3 Source :Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Description: Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error:...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. session readyboot stopped due to the following error: 0xc0000188

2. errore 0xc0000188 windows 10

3. Session ReadyBoot stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188 w10

4. windows 10 session ready-boot stopped,
  5. session readyboot stopped due to the following error