Windows 10: Set a custom RGB color for taskbar and Start menu in windows 10

Discus and support Set a custom RGB color for taskbar and Start menu in windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I followed this article which used registry editor to change color: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/add-cu...bar-windows-10 But for me it is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sumit Dhiman, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Set a custom RGB color for taskbar and Start menu in windows 10

I followed this article which used registry editor to change color:
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/add-cu...bar-windows-10
    But for me it is not working properly, the color does not change and if changes, the start menu color does not change?
    Can anybody put up a proper solution of this?I am bored using the stupid given colors actually.
    I am on Build 10240.
    Thanks in Advance.

:)

Sumit Dhiman, Oct 2, 2015

2. Set a custom RGB color in windows 10 for taskbar and start menu

Doesn't work with 1709, it gets deleted out of registry.

rdwray_666, Oct 2, 2015
  3. Set a custom RGB color in windows 10 for taskbar and start menu

OK.Yes this has actually not worthful now, after some update.

Type this in Run dialog box and color selector would appear just like windows 7:

rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,Advanced,@Advanced

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 2, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Set a custom RGB color for taskbar and Start menu in windows 10

Cliff S, Oct 2, 2015
  5. Can I open the Menu shown in your attachment using some run command like this:
    rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,,@desktop
    I do not want to add to context menu actually.

6. Cliff S New Member
    That only open the wallpaper choice with shuffle.

Cliff S, Oct 2, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Oct 2, 2015
  8. Set a custom RGB color for taskbar and Start menu in windows 10

9. Cliff S New Member
    *ThumbsYou're welcome. I knew it was somewhere, I just had to find it.

Cliff S, Oct 2, 2015
  10. Does the same method applies to windows update also?
    Means can I access the old windows update just like this using some command?
    or it is wiped out from windows 10?

11. Cliff S New Member
    That one is gone for good, sorry*Sad.

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Set a custom RGB color for taskbar and Start menu in windows 10

1. Set a custom RGB color for taskbar and Start menu in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Set custom RGB

2. Color of text in windows taskbar and start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color of text in windows taskbar and start menu: I want to change the color of icons on taskbar and windows start menu's text also to black without changing my theme. It is very hard to read icons and start menu's text in white color. Image above for reference. Is it possible? If yes then please assist me....
  3. How to add custom color theme to Start Menu of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add custom color theme to Start Menu of Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Windows Start Menu has been our go-to point for accessing most of our computer applications. Over the years with different versions of the Windows […] This article How to add custom color theme to Start Menu of Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  4. Change windows taskbar and start menu color

Change windows taskbar and start menu color: Hello, I am trying to change my taskbar color to light pink. I am able to change it to a grayish pink by under "Colors," choosing custom as the color, default Windows mode as dark, and default app mode as light, and then I choose an accent color. The color of the task bar...
  5. Start Menu and Taskbar customization

Start Menu and Taskbar customization: Hi everyone, Does anyone have recommendations on how to customize the start menu and taskbar for a deployment image? I've tried customizing the start menu and taskbar, then exporting the configuration into a XML, but the start menu appears in two columns when I want it half...
  6. Start Menu and Taskbar customization

Start Menu and Taskbar customization: Hi everyone, Does anyone have recommendations on how to customize the start menu and taskbar for a deployment image? I've tried customizing the start menu and taskbar, then exporting the configuration into a XML, but the start menu appears in two columns when I want it half...
  7. Start Menu and Taskbar customization

in Windows 10 Support
  8. Taskbar color customization

Taskbar color customization: Hi, Taskbar color choices are extremely limited in W10, very difficult to read tabs. What is wrong with MS.....? I tried run<"control color">, but it was useless as well. Is there any external tools that will allow me to customize taskbar color independently from...
  9. Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu

Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu: Why are some tiles gray and others blue? Can I set DVD player and weather gray too? [img] 25482
  10. Can't set a custom accent/taskbar/start menu color

Can't set a custom accent/taskbar/start menu color: I recently installed Win10 Home on my laptop, and the only color choices I have for the accent are a set of about 50 color swatches, all of which are pretty garish. This tutorial shows an option to set color with HSB, which I used in the past in 8.1, but those options are...