Windows 10: Set a default login account at the welcome screen

Discus and support Set a default login account at the welcome screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a user who is visually impaired. He has software in his profile that assists him with this. The problem is, to get to it, he has to login, and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Scott_PRenton, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Set a default login account at the welcome screen

I have a user who is visually impaired. He has software in his profile that assists him with this. The problem is, to get to it, he has to login, and the machine is shared among several users, of which he is the only impaired person.

I would like to set the computer's welcome screen so that, after another user logs in and out, the welcome screen does NOT show the last logged in user, but instead defaults to the impaired user's ID, so they can simply type their password and go.

The machine is part of a domain, so local users are not accessable.

:)

Scott_PRenton, Nov 20, 2019
  2. Ender Win User

Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Nov 20, 2019
  3. ATIonion Win User
    login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Set a default login account at the welcome screen

Login Screen Background keeps defaulting to stock image

I've set a custom image on my lock screen to show up on the initial login screen whenever I first start up my computer. But occasionally, the login screen defaults to a stock landscape image that comes with Windows 10.

To clarify, here are the steps I've taken:

• Go into Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen
    • EDIT: Set image to Picture
    • Click Browse... to look for and select a picture
    • Turn on Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen.

However, no matter how many times I retake these steps, the default login screen background occasionally
    comes back. How do I stop this from happening?

UPDATE: I forgot to mention a step here in my initial post. I have already set the background to
    Picture, thus the custom image.

AndrewSarley, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Set a default login account at the welcome screen

1. Set a default login account at the welcome screen - Similar Threads - Set default login

2. Set default login account in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set default login account in windows 10: Hi,We have a meeting room PC with windows 10 OS joined to domain and we disabled last login history from the system.Users are login to this system by using their account or meeting room public account.Sometimes after the meeting users are logging out their account and it's...
  3. Set default login account in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set default login account in windows 10: Hi,We have a meeting room PC with windows 10 OS joined to domain and we disabled last login history from the system.Users are login to this system by using their account or meeting room public account.Sometimes after the meeting users are logging out their account and it's...
  4. Lock/Login/Welcome Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock/Login/Welcome Screen: Hello, i would like to ask if there is a way to like start my windows 10 pc to select an account before automatically starting to one that has no password? Because, on our pc, we have two accounts/users, One is my personal and more organized user/account that "has a...
  5. Win10 login without a password and welcome screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win10 login without a password and welcome screen: Hi, i have an issue. I want to be able to boot my PC to desktop without any passwords. I've already tried "netplwiz" and all these kinds of commands (which leads to the same thing) and i had kinda success: i have no password on boot. Yet for any 20th or 30th boot I still got...
  6. Login screen wont show up on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login screen wont show up on welcome screen: So whenever I press any button or slide up with my mouse button it does not show up with the login screen. There is no power button on the welcome screen so I cant do a safe mode troubleshoot ----------------------------------- http:/youtu.be/o/MCRamgJgg heres how it...
  7. No account picture on welcome screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No account picture on welcome screen: Since 10041, Welcome screen during startup has no picture. It's there if you sign off and on, but not on Welcome. Anybody else with this? *Confused 4786
  8. Setting default login account...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setting default login account...: Forgive all the 'newbie' questions. Is there a way to set a certain account to be the default account when booting up? I'd like MY account to be the one that is waiting to be logged in when the system starts. Is this possible? If so, How? 52891
  9. Change login / welcome screen language

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change login / welcome screen language: Hi folks changing language on login screen is hidden in the old control panel. Note language change is fine for rest of windows but for the login screen it's a bit fiddly. You need to enter the control panel by entering run at the windows icon and enter control panel....
  10. Windows 10 stuck at the login/welcome screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 stuck at the login/welcome screen: Hello, So yesterday I was reading some article from the NY Times (my navigator is Chrome), when out of the blue I get the spinning cursor. After 10 minutes, it wouldn't go away. So I decided to force shutdown my PC. I start it up again, and to my surprise, I can't get...