Windows 10: Set a default volume for launing programs

Discus and support Set a default volume for launing programs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I know this has been asked before, but there wasn't an answer, so I'll ask as well. Is there any way to change the default volume of programs? My main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by [_Patrick_], Feb 28, 2021.

1. Set a default volume for launing programs

I know this has been asked before, but there wasn't an answer, so I'll ask as well. Is there any way to change the default volume of programs? My main volume is 4, system volume 0 it has noise otherwise, is that a Windows bug?, and I don't believe any application is higher than 6. Considering those settings it's obvious that the default volume of any new application is way too high.

How can I set the volume of new applications before they produce any sound. I'm on Windows 10, and obviously I know how to set individual sound levels for each application, but I don't know how to set them before they produce any sound, much less before I install them.

:)

[_Patrick_], Feb 28, 2021

2. Set a default volume for launing programs

Hi ^.^

Is there a way to set the default volume for new programs/games I launch (on for example 50% of the max. "Device" volume)?

I almost become deaf of launching most games or playing videos because I need to turn my volume up to 8 to hear Discord well. Other applications are more than loud enough on 6.

If not, can I write a program or script or whatever to change the volume to idk 60% of the maximum aloud value BEFORE the game or program I launch starts hurting my ears? What are the parameters I need to get and set the volume?

LiesVan der Haegen, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Set a default volume for launing programs

Thank you for answer. Set a default volume for launing programs :)

I'm afraid I don't hear any volume reduction when I turn on the communcication setting. Youtube and games are still louder than the one I'm talking with.

Also I already adjusted the volume for each app. The thing is the program only shows up in the list when it's already producing sound, so that's already too late.

Except if I first turn the device volume down, then launch the app, turn down the app volume and turn up the device volume again for every single program I didn't launch before ofc. xd

LiesVan der Haegen, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Set a default volume for launing programs

Set a default volume for launing programs

Open Start, type: change sound card

Hit Enter

Select the Communications tab

Choose 'Reduce the volume of other sounds by 50%'

Or choose 'Mute all other sounds

Click apply then ok

Right click the volume icon in the Taskbar, click Open Volume Mixer

Individually adjust the volume for each app.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Set a default volume for launing programs

1. Set a default volume for launing programs - Similar Threads - Set default volume

2. Is there anyway to set default volume for new programs in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there anyway to set default volume for new programs in Windows 10?: Is there a way to set a default volume for new programs in Windows 10? I know about volume mixer and how it works but that's not what I'm talking about. I noticed when new programs are installed Windows will default the volume to 100 which if I am not quick and make my way...
  3. Is there anyway to set default volume for new programs in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there anyway to set default volume for new programs in Windows 10?: Is there a way to set a default volume for new programs in Windows 10? I know about volume mixer and how it works but that's not what I'm talking about. I noticed when new programs are installed Windows will default the volume to 100 which if I am not quick and make my way...
  4. Is there anyway to set default volume for new programs in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do you set the default volume for new programs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you set the default volume for new programs?: I keep my general volume pretty high because I have some apps that are pretty quiet normally, and when I download new apps they are all very loud. How can I make it so all new apps have a default starting volume? i.e. they all start at volume 20 even if my general volume is...
  6. How do you set the default volume for new programs?

How do you set the default volume for new programs?: I keep my general volume pretty high because I have some apps that are pretty quiet normally, and when I download new apps they are all very loud. How can I make it so all new apps have a default starting volume? i.e. they all start at volume 20 even if my general volume is...
  7. How do you set the default volume for new programs?

8. Setting default programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting default programs: I am aware of how to change the default program in windows for file extensions, etc, but I want to be able to set the default association to any application of my choosing. I have seen old guides about this going into the old control panel, but that no longer works. Is there...
  9. Setting default programs

Setting default programs: I would like to know why you can only set Microsoft Programs as the default programs In Windows 10, I have a media player i realy like and i can not set it as my default Media Program for some reason and i would like to know why and how Microsft is allowed by the Governement...
  10. Default Program Settings Not Setting/Selecting

Default Program Settings Not Setting/Selecting: I have read a lot of posted articles using Google search, but none of them are quite the problem I am experiencing. My hardware is an ASUS Transformer T100TAM. It came with Win 10, but husband installed our registered Win7 in order to get the free Win10 upgrade. When I...