Windows 10: Set a Password Expiration Date for Microsoft Account and Local Account

Discus and support Set a Password Expiration Date for Microsoft Account and Local Account in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Most of us have a habit of keeping using the same password for a long time. It’s dangerous, mainly if the password is in use at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 5, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Set a Password Expiration Date for Microsoft Account and Local Account

WinClub, Jan 5, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 5, 2020
  3. Microsoft account set as a work account and a Microsoft Account

Hi Dean,

As per the description, I suggest that you sign out of one of the accounts and sign into the account again. This will help us to know if the account used in either of the account is not the same.

To sign-out of the Microsoft Account follow the steps below

• Sign in to your Microsoft account on Windows 10.
    • Click Start and then PC settings.
    • Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Disconnect on the right of the screen.
    • Enter your Microsoft account's password, and click on Next.
    • Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Set a Password Expiration Date for Microsoft Account and Local Account

Local account converted to Microsoft account?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Follow the steps below to convert to local account, follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account on Windows 10.
    • Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Click Accounts and under Your emails and accounts
      click on sign in with a local account instead option.
    • Enter your Microsoft account's password and click on Next.
    • Type in a Password, and
      Password Hint
      that you want set for your local account and click
      Next
      . Click on Sign out and Finish button.

If you want to switch back to Microsoft account, follow the steps below:

• On the newly converted Local account, press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Click Accounts and under Your emails and accounts click on
      sign in with a microsoft account instead option.
    • Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Sign in.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check if the changes are effective.

Write back to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

Set a Password Expiration Date for Microsoft Account and Local Account

1. Set a Password Expiration Date for Microsoft Account and Local Account - Similar Threads - Set Password Expiration

2. Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...: Hi,I am getting confused need help to clarify if possible.Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two different things?Case 1. When we turn on computer there is a screen shows login, is that called Password of local account in Windows...
  3. Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...: Hi,I am getting confused need help to clarify if possible.Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two different things?Case 1. When we turn on computer there is a screen shows login, is that called Password of local account in Windows...
  4. Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. User account configuration - Microsoft Account with local password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User account configuration - Microsoft Account with local password: I recently realized that my account at Windows 10 is configured in a "strange way". I have local account, but it seems to be connected with Microsoft Account it can be seen on activation screen. In control panel settings my user account is listed as local account "Konto...
  6. Microsoft Account using local password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account using local password: Hi, I recently bought a new SurfacePro to replace my older laptop and desktop. When setting up initially I was unable to connect to the internet. I had to set up with a local username and temporary I thought password. When I was able to connect I entered my Microsoft ID...
  7. Microsoft account or local account ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft account or local account ?: Because i am keep getting microsoft account problem every day, i am planning to start login with local account instead microsoft account. Before i change to local account i would like to ask some question here. 1. What windows feature will be lost if i am not using mc...
  8. Problems with Local (NOT Microsoft Account) Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems with Local (NOT Microsoft Account) Password: 1. There is no option to change the password when I press CTRL-ALT-DELETE. 2. When I try to change the password using Windows 10 Settings, I can only change the password to my Microsoft account, not the password I use to log into the laptop. 3. My account is an...
  9. using local password with microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    using local password with microsoft account: So I have a complex password for my online Microsoft account, I never type it in, its used with a secure clipboard from a password manager. If I use a Microsoft account with windows 10 it also uses the password which is a pain to type in, is there no way to use a local...
  10. Enable or Disable Password Expiration for Local Accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Password Expiration for Local Accounts in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Password Expiration for Local Accounts in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Password Expiration for Local Accounts in Windows 10 [img] Information Password expiration is a feature in Windows that forces a maximum (42 days by default) and...