Windows 10: Set a version of a font as default for Windows

Discus and support Set a version of a font as default for Windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have 2 version of "Georgia Regular" A Pro version that I can install for my user in AppData/Local or in C:\Windows\Fonts for all Users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SvenDenns, Apr 14, 2019.

1. SvenDenns Win User

Set a version of a font as default for Windows

Hi everyone, I have 2 version of "Georgia Regular"

• A Pro version that I can install for my user in AppData/Local or in C:\Windows\Fonts for all Users
    • A "normal" version installed when installing Windows 10

I want to use the Pro version as the default "Regular Version". How can I do this? I can't uninstall the "normal" version and Word uses the "normal" version when selecting the Georgia font

Your help will be greatly appreciated. Have a great day

:)

SvenDenns, Apr 14, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

In Windows 10 how do I return the font on my desktop icons to the default setting?

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to restore to default font settings in windows 10.

• Type fonts in the search and press enter

• Click on Font settings

• Click on Restore default font settings.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Apr 14, 2019
  3. RESETTING THE DEFAULT FONTS?

Hello,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have performed. To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• Did you delete any fonts from the system?
    • Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • When you say ''Tried the one in the font menu but it didn't work!
      ‘’did you tried the option Restore default fonts settings? If not you can try the below steps.
    Let’s try to restore the default fonts settings and check if this helps.

• Type fonts on the Windows search bar and select
      Fonts.

• Click on Font settings on the left pane and click on
      Restore default fonts settings.

• Click on OK.
    Check if this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Set a version of a font as default for Windows

How to change font size in Windows 10 and set them to default?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As your concern is about changing the font size, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Are you referring to font size in Windows operating system/ with in the Windows Live Mail?
    • Have you installed any fonts on your device?

If you are referring to font size in Windows operating system, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Steps to restore the default font settings.

• Press Windows key, type font and select
      Change Font Settings
    • Click on Restore default font settings.
    • Sign-out from the current user account and re-sign in and check if it helps.

Step 2: Change the font settings

• Press Windows key, type font and select View fonts installed.
    • Click on Change font size in the left pane.
    • Under Change the text only, click on the drop down arrow choose the appropriate option and change the size you wish to and click on
      Apply.

If you are referring to Windows Live Mail, I would like to inform that it is by design you cannot change the font settings to default on Windows Live Mail. Instead, you can choose appropriate font size and fonts while typing the mail.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Set a version of a font as default for Windows

1. Set a version of a font as default for Windows - Similar Threads - Set version font

2. Default Windows Font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Windows Font: I finished playing some CS:GO on one of my friends servers, I realized all my fonts have been changed, not to sure what font is the default one and how to reset it. Also, instead of having a colon on the time on my taskbar, it shows a box in between the hour and minutes....
  3. Windows 10 Mail Default Font Setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail Default Font Setting: I have reset the Windows 10 Mail default font to 12 point, followed by a Restart. However, when I start typing a new email, the font in the message is STILL the original setting of 11. If I refer back to the Default setting, it shows that it is 12. ??...
  4. Cannot see the 'Default Font' setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot see the 'Default Font' setting: Last week, we could see this response in the Feedback Hub: [ATTACH] The same claim is made on the What's new page. I seem to have a later version than the one quoted: [ATTACH] The option is not available in the settings menu: [ATTACH] Was it removed again...
  5. Setting a font as default

Setting a font as default: My laptop came with a default font Calibri. I want to change the default font to Times Roman. I have followed instructions to change the default font but it is not happening and Calibri remains the default. Is there a way of resolving this?...
  6. Default font settings restore.

Default font settings restore.: How can I restore the default font settings on Windows 10. When I try by going through Control Panel the button to reset default settings just goes grey when I click on it....
  7. Restore Default Font settings button

Restore Default Font settings button: In Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Fonts\Font Settings, the button labeled "Font settings" does not work although when pressed it appears to work. I even left it pressed overnight but no joy. Any help appreciated. [IMG]...
  8. Initial Default Font Settings in Windows 10

Initial Default Font Settings in Windows 10: No one in Microsoft support seems to know what the initial font settings are for a new installation of Windows 10. We have a new computer with a larger monitor. Unfortunately, the existing fonts are too small for an older person to read. I know it does not make sense that...
  9. Restore Default Font Settings in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Default Font Settings in Windows: How to: Restore Default Font Settings in Windows How to Restore Default Font Settings in Windows A font is a graphical representation of text that may include a different typeface, point size, weight, color, or design. You can change the following font settings in...
  10. How to set font to default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set font to default in Windows 10: Hello I followed a tutorial on some website telling me how to change the default font to something else but I found out too late that it was fake, and instead of changing the font to the one I chose it, changed it to something else that looked strange so I decided to forget...