Windows 10: Set Admin Privileges

Discus and support Set Admin Privileges in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can I setup Windows 10 so it permanently has Administrative priveleges ? I am the only user here. Thanks, rs 13816 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by w1ksz, Aug 6, 2015.

1. w1ksz Win User

Set Admin Privileges

How can I setup Windows 10 so it permanently has Administrative priveleges ?
    I am the only user here.

Thanks,

rs

:)

w1ksz, Aug 6, 2015

2. Admin privileges

Let's try performing a clean boot on your computer. To do this, visit the link below:

Keep us posted.

Jeraldine Ase, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Admin privileges

I tried uninstalling then reinstalling but no luck. I dont even see any wifi options at all anymore

Michael011001, Aug 6, 2015
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Set Admin Privileges

Giving yourself full time admin privileges isn't really a good idea in a modern OS.

One problem (among others) is that giving yourself full time admin privileges also gives them to all software you run. For trustworthy software you want to run that isn't a big problem. But you may also end up running software you do not want to run, software that has evil intentions towards you and your computer. In todays world that is almost impossible to avoid. If it is running under an admin account it has almost unlimited access to your computer and can do whatever it wants. Any rights it does not have it can give itself. Don't assume that your anti virus software will always protect you. Malware authors are working very hard to circumvent this protection and are getting quite good at it.

Running with UAC enabled (the default condition) doesn't make this impossible but it does make it more difficult. It is another layer of protection. Good security always consists of multiple layers of protection because a single layer may be circumvented.

Edit: A full time admin account is a convenience. I will not deny that. UAC is a reasonable compromise between convenience and security, an issue which is becoming more problematic as each day pases. Security always has it's price.

LMiller7, Aug 6, 2015
  5. w1ksz Win User
    I understand all the risks, but it still doesn't answer my question.

rs

w1ksz, Aug 6, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Set Admin Privileges

1. Set Admin Privileges - Similar Threads - Set Admin Privileges

2. Cannot access admin privileges

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot access admin privileges: Tried to install a game for my kid. Realized quickly that I needed admin privileges to do so. Win 10 Home will not let me be admin, no matter what I try. I have scoured the web for hours looking for tips - so far they all fail. Some things I've tried (that failed): 1....
  3. Multiple admin accounts privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple admin accounts privileges: Hi, Can i have 2 admin accounts in windows 10 and win server 2016 where i can develop the following scenario 1. The admins cannot change the password of each other's. 2. The admins can only view their own folders? Is their a doc illustrating this? Thanks....
  4. Create WMI User with non admin privilege

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create WMI User with non admin privilege: Dears, any one can help to create wmi user with non-admin privilege, user will be able to scan all windows computer and can read all information from domain computers? if you can provide me a steps or powershell script! Domain Controller windows 2012 R2 Thanks,...
  5. W10 disallows admin privileges of my login

W10 disallows admin privileges of my login: Ever since my first attempt to convert Win7 to 10, I can't write or delete anything in My Documents, getting message must be administrator. (My personal login is as administrator.) This even happened in Win 7 when I reverted back for a while. Error message asks if I want to...
  6. shortcut w/admin privileges for standard user

shortcut w/admin privileges for standard user: Hello, I've just cleaned up a massive malware infection on my grandson's computer (HP Pavilion notebook) and upgraded it to Win 10 from its native Win 8. His account is a standard user vs admin. Everything's working fine. EXCEPT, he plays an online game which requires an...
  7. Need help with Admin privileges

Need help with Admin privileges: I need to install a software but when I click the file the UAC comes out and asks the usual questions. What I find weird is it does not give me the option to click YES. Only the NO button shows up. I checked and it seems that I am logged in as a local account. I tired...
  8. No Admin privileges.

in Windows 10 Support
    No Admin privileges.: I purchased a new Alienware computer 2 weeks ago and a couple days ago I noticed I couldn't access my Pictures folder. I also noticed I couldn't do any Admin tasks. I can't open task manager, Open any exe. files and when I right click on C drive I get Access is denied. I...
  9. New Admin Privileges for Group Conversations in Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 News
    New Admin Privileges for Group Conversations in Facebook Messenger: [img] Bringing groups of people together is powerful, and at Messenger, we’re always thinking about how we can improve group chats – especially since 2.5 million new groups were created on Messenger every day last year. Today we’re excited to start rolling out new,...
  10. Windows 10 Admin Privileges causing issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Admin Privileges causing issue: Hi, I'm having persistent issues with Windows 10 and its user privilege settings. When running a program as administrator, I'm unable to drag and drop files as normal onto its GUI. A look at the screen record below should elaborate on what I mean exactly: [img]...