Set Admin Privileges

Discus and support Set Admin Privileges in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; How can I setup Windows 10 so it permanently has Administrative priveleges ? I am the only user here. Thanks, rs 13816 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by w1ksz, Aug 7, 2015.

1. w1ksz Win User

How can I setup Windows 10 so it permanently has Administrative priveleges ?
    I am the only user here.

Thanks,

rs

:)

w1ksz, Aug 7, 2015
  2. Jeraldine Ase Win User

Admin privileges

Let's try performing a clean boot on your computer. To do this, visit the link below:

Keep us posted.

Jeraldine Ase, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Michael011001 Win User
    Admin privileges

I tried uninstalling then reinstalling but no luck. I dont even see any wifi options at all anymore

Michael011001, Aug 7, 2015
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Set Admin Privileges

Giving yourself full time admin privileges isn't really a good idea in a modern OS.

One problem (among others) is that giving yourself full time admin privileges also gives them to all software you run. For trustworthy software you want to run that isn't a big problem. But you may also end up running software you do not want to run, software that has evil intentions towards you and your computer. In todays world that is almost impossible to avoid. If it is running under an admin account it has almost unlimited access to your computer and can do whatever it wants. Any rights it does not have it can give itself. Don't assume that your anti virus software will always protect you. Malware authors are working very hard to circumvent this protection and are getting quite good at it.

Running with UAC enabled (the default condition) doesn't make this impossible but it does make it more difficult. It is another layer of protection. Good security always consists of multiple layers of protection because a single layer may be circumvented.

Edit: A full time admin account is a convenience. I will not deny that. UAC is a reasonable compromise between convenience and security, an issue which is becoming more problematic as each day pases. Security always has it's price.

LMiller7, Aug 7, 2015
  5. w1ksz Win User
    I understand all the risks, but it still doesn't answer my question.

rs

w1ksz, Aug 7, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Set Admin Privileges

Set Admin Privileges - Similar Threads - Set Admin Privileges

1. WIn 10 proxy settings keep turning on point to https:=127.0.0.1:8082

in Windows 10 Support
    WIn 10 proxy settings keep turning on point to https:=127.0.0.1:8082: Hello, how are you? Sporadically and frequently I lose internet connections. The problem is always that the settings in Network settings is turned on and listening at 127.0.0.1:8082 Malwarebytes and ESET come up clean in thorough custom searches including rootkit search....
  2. Domain Admin can't set Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Domain Admin can't set Desktop Icons: A brand new Win 10 Pro (64-bit) from DELL. FWIW, BOTH DOMAIN ADMINs and DOMAIN USERS were added to the Local Administrators Group. I (DOMAIN ADMIN) wanted to add "This PC" and "Network" to the local Desktop. I couldn't open Themes | "Desktop Icon Settings" to do that....
  3. Unable to change Admin Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to change Admin Settings: I am having issues writing to C or modifying files on the C Drive. I read that I should explicitly add myself (named) as a user in the security settings, which I have done. When I try to apply the settings, I get the following message for most of the folders in C...
  4. First Admin on Computer Set-Up

in Windows 10 Support
    First Admin on Computer Set-Up: I set up the church computer a couple years ago, and apparently I logged in initially with my own Microsoft account then added the other admins. When they needed to download a program for check scanning, they had to have permission from my account (my password) even though...
  5. Admin Setting HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Admin Setting HELP!!!: Help!! I'm a total newbie to Windows 10 yet somehow changed from Administrator to Local user. How do I change back to Admin (so I have access to open my programs again!!)??? Thanks! Korrin 81810
  6. Set up admin account on system with standard account only

in Windows 10 Support
    Set up admin account on system with standard account only: Hello everyone. This is my first post on Ten Forums. How can I create an admin account on a system that only has a standard user account? I suspect that the answer is that I can't, but I live in hope. I can't provide specific details of the PC in question because it's...
  7. Can´t change flicks settings (these settings are managed by admin)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can´t change flicks settings (these settings are managed by admin): Hello there I just installed Win 10 upgrade from Windows 7 on my computer and I am having some problems to modify system settings regarding pen and touch, specially "Flicks" settings, that I need to disable to have a better performance using a Wacom tablet. When I go to...
Set Admin Privileges solved