Windows 10: Set An Initial Random Image Before Lock Screen Slideshow Begins

Discus and support Set An Initial Random Image Before Lock Screen Slideshow Begins in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, so I have the same image as the initial image before my Lock Screen Slideshow begins. Initial Image: [img] Then the Slideshow begins a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pepanee, Sep 5, 2016.

1. pepanee Win User

Set An Initial Random Image Before Lock Screen Slideshow Begins

Hello, so I have the same image as the initial image before my Lock Screen Slideshow begins.

Initial Image:

Set An Initial Random Image Before Lock Screen Slideshow Begins [​IMG]

Then the Slideshow begins a few moments later:

Set An Initial Random Image Before Lock Screen Slideshow Begins [​IMG]

Is there an option that I can enable to set that Initial Image to be a random image from the slideshow images folder that I have? If not, is there some 3rd party application that can do that instead?

Thanks

:)

pepanee, Sep 5, 2016
  2. krestofer Win User

Windows 10 lock screen slide show not working

I tried this but my screen continues to just show the background image. The lock screen never comes on by itself to start the slideshow. I can manually press windows button + L to activate lock screen, then the slideshow starts on its own. But before
    I loaded windows 10, I didn't have to manually initiate lock screen.

krestofer, Sep 5, 2016
  3. Screen Turns Off Instead of Running the Lock Screen Slideshow

I have two MS Surface 3's; settings for both are configured exactly the same, but they behave differently with screen timeouts and the initiating of the lock screen slideshows.

I want to have both Surface 3's hit the lock screen after 5 minutes and begin the lock screen slideshow. One of them does this, the other doesn't.

Both have the following settings:

Personalization > Lock Screen > Slideshow (same folder for both)

Personalization > Lock Screen > Advanced slideshow settings > "When my PC is Inactive, show lock screen instead of turning off the screen":
    ON | "Turn off screen after slideshow has played for":
    Don't turn off

System > Power & Sleep > Screen: 5 minutes (battery and plugged in) | Sleep: Never (battery and plugged in)

Screensavers are off.

One Surface 3 enters the lock screen state and begins the slideshow after 5 minutes. The other one's screen blanks out after 5 minutes. Upon tapping the windows screen to unlock the Surface, it's on the lock screen with the slideshow running.

What's causing the screen of this Surface 3 to turn off instead of running the lock screen slideshow? Is there a separate setting somewhere for the Lock Screen specifically? A default inactivity period to set that activates the console lockout?

** Both are running the most current Windows updates as of 4/21/16.

HeyMrCupps, Sep 5, 2016
Thema:

Set An Initial Random Image Before Lock Screen Slideshow Begins

1. Set An Initial Random Image Before Lock Screen Slideshow Begins - Similar Threads - Set Initial Random

2. Cannot locate lock screen slideshow images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot locate lock screen slideshow images: When I set up my computer a few years ago I set up the lock screen slideshow with my personal images. The two folders I must have chosen at the time are listed in the settings; they are both called Images, but the settings window is not letting me open them from within the...
  3. Cannot locate lock screen slideshow images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot locate lock screen slideshow images: When I set up my computer a few years ago I set up the lock screen slideshow with my personal images. The two folders I must have chosen at the time are listed in the settings; they are both called Images, but the settings window is not letting me open them from within the...
  4. Cannot locate lock screen slideshow images

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Lock Screen SlideShow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen SlideShow: Hello!I have a small issue.I was personalising my computer and when I finished I was really excited!However, when I turned off my computer and turned it back on, a photo that's not in my slideshow folder, appeared. It's agitating as I'm setting up a theme and a random photo...
  6. Lock Screen Slideshow Picture Folder Image Issue

Lock Screen Slideshow Picture Folder Image Issue: Hi, I'm trying to get my lock screen to utilize the slide show option, but when I choose that option I receive a prompt that says " You need more than one picture to show in your slideshow." So I click on the + Add Folder and try and choose spotlight images in my pictures...
  7. Lock Screen Slideshow Picture Folder Imager Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen Slideshow Picture Folder Imager Issue: Hi, I'm trying to get my lock screen to utilize the slide show option, but when I choose that option I receive a prompt that says " You need more than one picture to show in your slideshow." So I click on the + Add Folder and try and choose spotlight images in my pictures...
  8. time between images on windows lock screen slideshow

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    time between images on windows lock screen slideshow: So I have found information on setting how long the slideshow runs in total, with a reg edit, but still have not found any advice on the following.... The lock screen slide show is changing pictures approximately every 15 seconds or so. I want to set the time between...
  9. Lock Screen Slideshow Showing Additional Image

Lock Screen Slideshow Showing Additional Image: When I set a slideshow for my lock screen, the lock screen will also display the picture chosen for the picture option, and will only display that picture on the sign in page. Is there any way to get rid of it?...
  10. Random Lock Screen Image

Random Lock Screen Image: Hello, I'm wondering if anyone knows of anyone who has made this program yet? Say I have 10 images that I really like, and every time I go to the Lock Screen in Windows 10, a random one of those ten images will be loaded as my Lock Screen image. I already have a...