Windows 10: Set app and game limits is not working for Roblox

Discus and support Set app and game limits is not working for Roblox in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I setup app & game limits for my son, but it looks like this doesn't work for Roblox : System still allows to run and play. I checked on other games... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Monsoft, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Monsoft Win User

Set app and game limits is not working for Roblox

I setup app & game limits for my son, but it looks like this doesn't work for Roblox :

System still allows to run and play. I checked on other games like Fortnite and app is terminated on restricted time.

Does anybody have similar issue or this is only me ???

:)

Monsoft, Jan 13, 2020

2. Roblox Error

Hi,

Issues with installing Roblox on your PC may occur due to several reasons. It is possible that some of the installation files are corrupted. To properly isolate your concern, please provide us the following information:

• Are you installing the game from an app or a web browser?
    • Have you installed the game on the same computer before?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the game in compatibility mode to make it work on your Windows 10 PC by following the steps below:

• Go to the game folder and right click on the setup file.
    • Click on Properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Under the Compatibility mode, check Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select the operating system where the game is compatible.
    • Let the drivers install and launch the game again.

Most programs created for earlier versions of Windows will work on Windows 10. However, some older programs might run poorly or not at all. If the issue persists, you may run the
    Program Compatibility Troubleshooter by following the steps on this
    link
    to automatically detect and fix some of the most common issues.

Loraine Mon, Jan 13, 2020
  3. I can't play a certain game/games on the ROBLOX app

Hello. I was going to play some Windows Store Edition ROBLOX, on my favorite game. The game is called phantom forces. When i joined, it crashed. It works just fine with any other game on the Windows Store ROBLOX.

What symptoms i can think of and their possibility, for better replies:

Windows Store ROBLOX is unoptimized (Maybe)

Microsoft provides the MOBILE version with computer controls, therefore you can only play mobile games (This is true)

It's ROBLOX's fault (It's not, it works fine with other games)

Microsoft doesn't have a computer mode and a tablet mode for the app (Very true, and this applies for any games on Xbox in general)

My computer's hardware doesn't meet that certain game on ROBLOX (worked fine on my school laptops, so this is NOT true)

So either i'm hallucinating, or Microsoft is lazy.

I know Microsoft's app secrets. This is one.

Also, ROBLOX is my FAVORITE platform, so i'm really biting my tongue.

Edit: I can play it now, but please fix because i'm getting 10 fps and the graphics is locked at max.

Jeffrey Zhang (zhaje01), Jan 13, 2020
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Windows 10 Roblox problem

Hi Auras,

There are several reasons as to why you can't play Roblox on your computer. Windows Updates may affect the game not to play if your computer is not updated. To make sure that your Windows 10 is up to date, I suggest that you check for any Windows Update
    by using this link as your guide.

In addition, make sure that Roblox is allowed to run on your Chrome by performing the following steps:

• Download Roblox and run its setup file.
    • After the game has been installed, try to run it.
    • You should get a message box saying “External Protocol Request”. Check
      Remember my choice for all links of this type and click Launch Application.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you use another web browser on your computer to check if that helps.

Do get back to us with the results. We'd be more than willing to provide you additional help.

Ariel Acu, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Set app and game limits is not working for Roblox - Similar Threads - Set app game

2. How to set app limits

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to set app limits: How can I set one limit to few apps? Lets say, there's 3 games:1. xxx2. yyy3. zzzNow, I can set limits:1 hour to game xxx1 hour to game yyy2 hours to game zzzSo child can play 1+1+2=4hoursBut I want set same time limit to all 3 games, 2 hours, that means if he spend 2 hours...
  3. Unable to Set App and Game Limits

Unable to Set App and Game Limits: Besides for my screen time limits not working at all my kids have access at all times of day and night and can use the computer well over the amount of hours set as well as outside the times set I am completely unable to set app and game limits. When I click on App and Game...
  4. Set app and game limits is not working for Roblox

Set app and game limits is not working for Roblox: Not for all cases the restrictions and limits are working for Roblox. In case you use search in start up and launch the application. It start with no restriction. All updates are installed and this problem has been reported a year ago. The child has been excluded and...
  5. Microsoft family Apps and game limits don't work

Microsoft family Apps and game limits don't work: I have blocked every single game and app for my child and it seems it doesn't work. I have also blocked Microsoft store and for some reason my child can install games every time. I get the notifications to allow my child to play the games and I deny all of them. My child...
  6. "App and Game Limits" not recognizing apps to limit in MS Family

"App and Game Limits" not recognizing apps to limit in MS Family: I want to use Microsoft Family to limit kids' ability to pay a specific game Kerbal Space Program to no more than X hours per day, on just a single Windows 10, brand new Acer laptop. No other devices at issue or being used with these accounts. But when I go to "App and...
  7. Family settings app and game limits unable to read a device

Family settings app and game limits unable to read a device: Hi there, I have set up a child account and am trying and trying to set limits for apps through online family settings. The overall screen time limits seem to be working, but in the 'app and game limits' tab our device is marked red with an exclamation mark. When hovering...
  8. App and game limits - Microsoft Family

App and game limits - Microsoft Family: Suddenly my daughter gets messages she has to ask a parent for more time to use Chrome. App and game limits in Family is OFF and grayed out, I have never set any restrictions. How can this be fixed?...
  9. App and game limits

App and game limits: Hello. I have set 4 hours maximum for the Fornite app on my son´s PC. But this rule is clearly not being applied, as shown by the attached activity screenshot. Any idea what the issue might be? Thanks! [ATTACH]...
  10. App and Game limits not working for Google Chrome Browser

App and Game limits not working for Google Chrome Browser: Hi there! I'm trying to set this up for a family member and I've limited her use of Google Chrome since I can't limit her wifi use. So I set it so that she can only use it from 3pm till 10pm. However, when I tested this after reboot, etc. etc., I can STILL start Google...