Windows 10: set as Admin but can't run some functions.

Discus and support set as Admin but can't run some functions. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my ID is set as Administrator, but I can't run CHKDSK. Any ideas what to do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RuthKlaerner1, Mar 2, 2020.

1. set as Admin but can't run some functions.

my ID is set as Administrator, but I can't run CHKDSK. Any ideas what to do?

:)

RuthKlaerner1, Mar 2, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

running DOS as ADMIN

I suggested that in post #4 but @bromberg doesn't seem to have tried it yet...

Bree, Mar 2, 2020
  3. djmcnz Win User
    running DOS as ADMIN

I assume you don't have 'exit' anywhere in your batch file?

Rather than playing with 'pause' - if you want to see the output...

1. Open a command window as admin
    2. Run the batch file manually
    3. Command window will not close unless the 'exit' command is issued
    4. Read output
    That's the first step I'd take to diagnose. Then run every line in your batch file manually, one-by-one, in your admin command window (copy and paste from the actual batch file, don't retype the commands).

You'll soon find your problem.

djmcnz, Mar 2, 2020
  4. set as Admin but can't run some functions.

My ID Is An Admin, But I cannot perform Admin functions

Hi Michael,

I realize that you are unable to perform some admin functions on the pc even though you have logged in to the pc as admin. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer this question to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the error message you get while trying to perform admin functions?

If your current user account is not an admin account then using the built in admin account you can change the current user account into admin account. Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel. Click on User account to see if your user account
    is set as admin or standard.

An administrator account is a user account that lets you make changes that will affect other users. Administrators can change security settings, install software and hardware, and access all files on the computer. Administrators can also make changes
    to other user accounts.

If your current user account is set as admin then follow these steps to disable the built in admin account.

Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces).

Once this is done the built in admin account is disabled.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

set as Admin but can't run some functions.

1. set as Admin but can't run some functions. - Similar Threads - set Admin can't

2. Can't "run as admin" for anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't "run as admin" for anything: It all started with a memory issue. I replaced the ram and that fixed my first problem. Now whenever I try to open anything as admin I get "One or more copies of data on this device may be out of sync. No writes may be performed until data integrity scan is completed."Things...
  3. Can't "run as admin" for anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't "run as admin" for anything: It all started with a memory issue. I replaced the ram and that fixed my first problem. Now whenever I try to open anything as admin I get "One or more copies of data on this device may be out of sync. No writes may be performed until data integrity scan is completed."Things...
  4. “Some settings are managed by your system administrator” but I'm running as admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “Some settings are managed by your system administrator” but I'm running as admin: I did a fresh install of Win 10 Pro on a new PC build, and in some settings and config windows it's preventing me from changing the settings, showing “Some settings are managed by your system administrator” -- even when logged in as admin?For example when I run sysdm.cpl to...
  5. “Some settings are managed by your system administrator” but I'm running as admin

“Some settings are managed by your system administrator” but I'm running as admin: I did a fresh install of Win 10 Pro on a new PC build, and in some settings and config windows it's preventing me from changing the settings, showing “Some settings are managed by your system administrator” -- even when logged in as admin?For example when I run sysdm.cpl to...
  6. “Some settings are managed by your system administrator” but I'm running as admin

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Can't run anything with ADMIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run anything with ADMIN: My pc either error codes me like the screenshot or just freezes and crashes the program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-anything-with-admin/34f2efa2-990c-4b98-8d15-b887ac05daf2
  8. Can't run anything with ADMIN

Can't run anything with ADMIN: My pc either error codes me like the screenshot or just freezes and crashes the program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-anything-with-admin/34f2efa2-990c-4b98-8d15-b887ac05daf2
  9. Can't set a program to run as Admin automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't set a program to run as Admin automatically: I have a virus-removal program which suddenly started needing to be run as Admin. (BTW, why did this happen?) When I right-click on the link, there's no "Run as Administrator" option visible. When I try to set the program to automatically run as Admin, that option is grayed...
  10. Can't run anything as admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't run anything as admin: I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now I can't run anything as administrator. I just receive File system error (-1073741819) The annoying thing about the problem is that it means I can't actually run cmd in order to run sfc /scannow - although I did manage to run...